Support love...and hate.

Options
FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
Was thinking about this while looking at the lvl 60 new Vraska and her support-destruction first ability.  Higher-shielded supports do not necessarily mean better supports.  Do you think we will ever see a day where we can select which supports we can destroy?  How do you think that would effect the game?

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Targeting supports with highest shields means that it will get rid the likes of starfield, pyramids, Imminent dooms, archives, ob's ultimate.
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I long for the day when we can choose a support to destroy. when youre trying to get rid of one support in a sea of ten or more servos and clues (looking at you T2) its pretty impossible.

Speaking of Supports, Theumatic Compass (flipped) is broken, and not the good kind of broken. When it reduces first creatures power to zero, that creature can still be buffed and the power will increase, unlike with Floodwaters. But, at least the support wont lose shields, and you can keep making loyalty gems? yeah... 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    khurram said:
    Targeting supports with highest shields means that it will get rid the likes of starfield, pyramids, Imminent dooms, archives, ob's ultimate.
    or Mirrorpool, Orbs of Warding, Sandblast ;)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't want pure targetted support destruction, but I _do_ want, "destroy all token supports", "destroy all equipment", "destroy all aura", adding the types was the first most important step to getting interesting options in the future.

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    khurram said:
    If people have to employ decoys, it’s already doing its job.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    khurram said:
    If people have to employ decoys, it’s already doing its job.
    I wouldn't so much say decoys as multitasking.  They're still decent cards that serve a purpose other than being a support-meatshield.

Thinking it over a bit more, I would say that Vraska's 1st ability would probably fair much better in standard than legacy.  With many of XLN supports committing seppuku, they basically pave the way for Vraka to take out any of the other lingering supports, which is most of the better ones.

Except Archives, with a max hand size of 6 and a life cap at starting life, I've always seen Archives as not worth its CMC weight.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    I don't want pure targetted support destruction, but I _do_ want, "destroy all token supports", "destroy all equipment", "destroy all aura", adding the types was the first most important step to getting interesting options in the future.

That’s Maelstrom Pulse. The Masterpeice. It’s available for a few lucky people who pulled it. (I have it...)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Froggy said:
    Kinesia said:

That’s Maelstrom Pulse. The Masterpeice. It’s available for a few lucky people who pulled it. (I have it...)
    One of them is, yes, but there are huge amounts of unexplored design space in support destruction which the added types have enabled along with the cost part that Vraska plays around with.

Countering cards needs a lot more experimentation too, and ways for other colours to react too.

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    anyone else notice that support destruction during the rto
    event was more likely to hit lower shield supports? for both
    the player and greg.

HH