The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
Hey Everyone!

This is a thread specifically for letting out any rising frustration that you may have from lost matches, unfavorable game mechanics, game glitches that cost you a match, etc.  You're free to let off some steam here and vent about what's bothering you, just please follow these rules:

1) This thread is not an excuse to violate D3's terms and conditions (no swearing, insulting/threatening other players, etc).

2) This is not a thread to attack other players' rantings.  You're welcome to civilly disagree with another player's perspective, but if you're going to disagree with them, please do so in a civil and empathetic manor.  We all have different views on things, and each should be valued!

3) You're welcome to capitalize parts of your message for emphasis, but please don't capitalize your entire message.  This isn't a yahoo comments section.

4) Imagine there is a giant tinykitty punching bag in the room with you.  It looks a lot like this:

httpsipinimgcom736xce9da9ce9da9edcc70202cf2a000b886f1e5a1--cat-gifts-portable-chargerjpg

It is not a user.  You are welcome to punch it all you like.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    this is the first time I've had over 400 purple crystals and no urge to spend them :o
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    I played my hour of pre-work time today and only completed one match.  And I only got 5 points for it.
  • FindingHeart8
    I played my hour of pre-work time today and only completed one match.  And I only got 5 points for it.
    ouch!  Yeah I hope they make some changes to the new event.  I don't want this game to feel like a part-time job.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    If tiny kittys are bad, are big dogs good? 
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    this is the first time I've had over 400 purple crystals and no urge to spend them :o
    800 saved and waiting for next rotation :3
  • FindingHeart8
    Coilbox said:
    800 saved and waiting for next rotation :3
    is that before or after the 80 you just got? ;)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having a hard time staying positive about all of it. That's all. That's my steam. 
  • FindingHeart8
    I'm starting to get frustrated that you all are such a constructive, civil lot.  Where's all the ire from the cycling haters and nerf herders??  I mean no one has even glared at the tinykitty punching bag (I didn't leave it there to be the scenic side-decoration to our discussion like an office plant lol).

I am disappointed in all of you.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

***glares at tinykitty punching bag***

I am having one heck of a time trying to make any build that uses a card from Ixalan remotely viable. In almost every case, if I change out the IXN card for something from an earlier set I have a better result. This is especially noticeable in TG. I love the card concepts but feel that they are built for a completely different meta, so much so that they lack synergy with outside sets.

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    I'm trying to make a Vampire deck work with Vanquisher's Banner... Ugh!  Just short of good enough...
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    NOBODY calls me "civil"!
    Sadly I am no longer allowed to pummel adorable things.

Yesterday, I was frustrated at a seemingly pointless Bolas build that did nothing but stun my mermaids, bounce my pirate, and spam his 1st ability.  He otherwise did 0 damage to me.

I also lost to an Ob Nix build that kept making me dump cards and actually used his ultimate.  In no way was I frustrated at this one, just shocked at how efficient he was.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Thing is, most of us have been ranting for months. I got so tired of the ranting--both mine and others--that I exiled myself for over month.

Now we're just out of energy.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I’m out of steam too. They’ve taken something beautiful and destroyed it. Well maybe not beautiful but something fun and made it unfun if you will.
  • FindingHeart8
    madwren said:
    Thing is, most of us have been ranting for months. I got so tired of the ranting--both mine and others--that I exiled myself for over month.

Now we're just out of energy.
    Yeah I do understand that.  I noticed after the latest event a significant amount of (justifiable) frustration throughout the thread; so I thought this thread good be a good lightning rod for it, and with everyone having a place to let out any additional anger, maybe help other threads could be more constructive
  • FindingHeart8
    ***drinks the entire carton of milk in front of tinykitty punching back, then laughs maniacally***
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Gunmix25 said:

***glares at tinykitty punching bag***

I am having one heck of a time trying to make any build that uses a card from Ixalan remotely viable. In almost every case, if I change out the IXN card for something from an earlier set I have a better result. This is especially noticeable in TG. I love the card concepts but feel that they are built for a completely different meta, so much so that they lack synergy with outside sets.

There are in my opinion only a couple cards of Ixalan that could have a spot in my decks, and that is not even trying to build any sinergy among other Ixalan cards, but with previous sets.
    Ixalan is just... well, nothing about Ixalan that hasnt already been said. I mean, the powercreep might not be a good thing for the game in a long term, but the lack of any powerful sinergy or combo whatsoever is definitely worse.

A set to forgive and move on, sadly.

Punches the tinikitty bag on the face!
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler

I've picked the Lifegainosaurus !!! :D

Still, punches the tinikitty bag on the face because Race to Orazca was incredibly too long........

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    RtO was a pointless event. I was happy that they had the decency of giving all coalitions first place. I think that was the right thing to do.

I am disappointed in the masterpieces. But I am FURIOUS that they are only available through pinkie packs - and then you have a 25% chance of getting one... That’s beyond terrible odds of you ask me. Try making that comparison to paper Magic... it would be insane. Because is tiny-kitty well is... (punch the poor fellow***)

I noticedbthat it is VERY difficult to put together decent decks without having specific mythic cards available tobuse. It should not be that way - a mythic being a REQUIREMENT to making a good deck. Of course they make your deck awesome-er...

Edit: I am seriously upset that half my post was cut... Can’t be bothered to re-write it...
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am angry the masterpieces aren't in the normal packs.

I am angry that the "free boosters" haven't at least been put back to 3 card Legacy ones. (I really want something totally different,  instead, but this is a quick and easy fix for some of the frustration.)

I am angry that people trust their feelings so much they invent conspiracy theories that are LESS believable, that even when they understand our descriptions of perception bias they still fall for it!