MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

14567810»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love when we get a 7-day event for a new character's first Featured run! Interested in seeing just how the changes in FfW work out, too.

I need a bit of luck to be able to get any of the Required characters for Shield Training up to 209, tho.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Many beautiful surprises from the team! Awesome! Where did you guys see the 7 days event? I can't see any unless you are referring to Prodigal Sun, which doesn't state that it is a 7-day event. 

I see 3* Starlord as the prize again. I think it could be the last 1 or 2 months ago that 3* Starlord was the top 3* reward in PvP? Not sure If I regret selling all his covers the last time I got him. At least Gamora is the next essential PvP character, after Shuri's.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Many beautiful surprises from the team! Awesome! Where did you guys see the 7 days event? I can't see any unless you are referring to Prodigal Sun, which doesn't state that it is a 7-day event. 
    Prodigal Sun, The Hulk, Enemy of the State and ISO-8 Brotherhood are 7-day events
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Who's being SHIELD trained (aside from my fave Shuri)?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who's being SHIELD trained (aside from my fave Shuri)?
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Shuri (2/22/18) *New Update*
    Required Characters: Shuri, Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Mr. Fantastic
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor

Excellent move to make Shield Training require classic characters, as opposed to brand new releases.
    Looking forward to getting nearly full progress. 
    Also, as others have stated the 7 day event rewarding 2 covers for progress is fantastic.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    What's the level requirement again for the second row of the 4* essentials in shield training? Got all 3, but none champed.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The second row requires level 94, and third requires level 209.

I'm missing one Jean Grey cover and a few hundred thousand iso to complete this one.  I'll probably have to settle for the iso progression rewards on this one unless I get a lucky cover pull.  Presumably the H4H store will offer Jean Grey's first cover, which I've already got five of.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if I'm happier that Shuri looks really fun and that I should have her about halfway done after Prodigal Son or that my very, very sad three cover War Machine, that hasn't gotten a cover in probably 9+ months, will get a few more soon.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:

I'm missing one Jean Grey cover and a few hundred thousand iso to complete this one.  I'll probably have to settle for the iso progression rewards on this one unless I get a lucky cover pull.  Presumably the H4H store will offer Jean Grey's first cover, which I've already got five of.

Both Beast and 3* Angel offer Jean Grey covers as champion rewards. Is that an option for you to get the cover you need?

Also, a whole week of boosted Thanos could get... interesting. :) Good thing I have plenty of self healers to bring along.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

Both Beast and 3* Angel offer Jean Grey covers as champion rewards. Is that an option for you to get the cover you need?

Beast is at 214 and Angel at 193.  Both characters give a purple Jean Grey cover at level 223, so not much help there either.  I hadn't noticed that they were both giving out covers in the same order :(
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone,

We are aware that Elektra (Assassin)'s level is set at 100, instead of 145. There was unfortunately an issue with how the Power-Up levels were being applied to Weekly and Event Power-Up characters. This will be addressed in future runs of Versus Events.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Oh no, it's Prodigal Sun. These seven day events can be exhausting.

They fight us here
    They fight us there
    Dark Avengers, everywhere.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Can you swap Shuri progression reward in Prodigal Sun from Red to Green?

t-thanks...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    That is strange, that the lowest placement reward in Wakanda, the Progression reward in PVP, and then the Progression Reward in Prodigal Sun don't result in a 1/1/1 as they have in the past, but a 1/0/3. Does that put Shuri at the 3rd node in the next Shield Training to stack that many on 1 color? Are they doing us a soft-favor here?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is strange, that the lowest placement reward in Wakanda, the Progression reward in PVP, and then the Progression Reward in Prodigal Sun don't result in a 1/1/1 as they have in the past, but a 1/0/3. Does that put Shuri at the 3rd node in the next Shield Training to stack that many on 1 color? Are they doing us a soft-favor here?
    The level cap for a 1/0/3 is 111, which only gets you to the second node there. You need 10 covers to get to the third.

It does get you to the third node in her Solo Training, tho.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

I doubt they thought it about that.. they likely picked colors out of a hat.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    The level cap for a 1/0/3 is 111, which only gets you to the second node there. You need 10 covers to get to the third.

It does get you to the third node in her Solo Training, tho.
    Good thing solo training will be long over by the time that reward drops...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/26/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added Marvel's article about Shuri