Updates to Fight for Wakanda (2/21/18)

Comments

• bandit0013
    bandit0013 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I would just like to state that Wakanda event is not fun.  Random dropping countdown tiles are not fun.  Pairing sentry and flyer and ultron together with shield countdown tiles is not fun.

I'll be skipping this event in the future.  It takes too long and it's annoying.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    I'm so glad that Black Panther's movie debut got it's own event. The movie itself is absolutely amazing and quite possibly (it is in my opinion) the best Marvel movie released thus far, sadly that great movie is plagued by this horrid event. Which is very likely to be the worst MPQ event ever released! 

I'm also glad that we have the option to turn off animations for characters which sped up matches. But wait... let's add hazard tiles to counter that and add more animation time because we don't have to already spend an absurd amount of time going for max progression as is. If that wasn't fun enough let's add green Sentry goons to the matches, Dark Avengers, Ultron, etc. Oh and let's not forget this event is an insane health pack drain!

There's absolutely nothing fun about this event. So thanks for tainting such an awesome movie with this plague of an event.
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    You guys should change the values on your survey question about recommending the game to friends from 0-10 to start including negative numbers.  Especially for when you give us the untested ant man and wasp vs the dark avengers with hazard tiles.

I can’t remember from last run of this if we fight Killmonger or not, but what a waste of a movie with a great villain.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Zeln said:
    You guys should change the values on your survey question about recommending the game to friends from 0-10 to start including negative numbers.  Especially for when you give us the untested ant man and wasp vs the dark avengers with hazard tiles.

I can’t remember from last run of this if we fight Killmonger or not, but what a waste of a movie with a great villain.
    To be honest I'm quite curious how many developers would actually recommend this game to their friends knowing just how tedious this grind, in general, is and how bad some events (Wakanda/Hunt/etc) are.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having 3* Captain Marvel boosted helped with the actual Sub 2, but that loaner node is just a nightmare, between the team we have to use and the way the Royal Shield tiles work. With a moderately bad board, it took me 15 minutes to get a single clear done this morning. That's as long as I normally spend on a single clear of an entire Sub, just for one, supposedly trivial, node.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    New sub speculation!  Will the new sub contain all hazard tiles in various nodes?  (I say yes.). Will the “crash” node feature Killmonger?  (I’m going with no.). Will there be a mix of Dark Avengers, ultron goons, and Hammer goons?  (Of course.). Will there be some more Shuri dialog?  (Dunno, I skip all dialog.)

A surprise villain would be great but they usually tell us up front about these kinds of things.  I am curious as to what excitement awaits in the previously unseen sub.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Wakanda is proof that Demi doesn't play this game. Especially with the essentials. "Let's take some of the worst characters in the game, throw in some really annoying hazard tiles which will only slow down the game and drain the player of their health packs and we'll use essentials that slow down the game even more! And we'll use it for two straight character releases! Maybe we'll get someone to playtest it...ehh screw it just go ahead and greenlight it. Hmm that's odd, people are playing the game less."
  • TPF Alexis
    shardwick said:
    Wakanda is proof that Demi doesn't play this game. Especially with the essentials. "Let's take some of the worst characters in the game, throw in some really annoying hazard tiles which will only slow down the game and drain the player of their health packs and we'll use essentials that slow down the game even more! And we'll use it for two straight character releases! Maybe we'll get someone to playtest it...ehh screw it just go ahead and greenlight it. Hmm that's odd, people are playing the game less."
    Storm and Nico are both great in the right teams. Forcing them together with Elektra, tho, produces a team with no synergy. Even then, I did fine on the Sub 1 and 3 Loaner nodes, and even on the Sub 2 node in the first run. But this time, Nico ends up making the Sub 2 hazards even worse. Should have put someone like HoboFist as the 4* essential, or Carol as the 3*, or even 2*. Or something like that.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Storm and Nico are both great in the right teams. Forcing them together with Elektra, tho, produces a team with no synergy. Even then, I did fine on the Sub 1 and 3 Loaner nodes, and even on the Sub 2 node in the first run. But this time, Nico ends up making the Sub 2 hazards even worse. Should have put someone like HoboFist as the 4* essential, or Carol as the 3*, or even 2*. Or something like that.
    That would require them spending time on choosing essentials.
    Which they don't.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    This! I´ve played some really horrible PVE nodes (Pre-rework Carnage, 2x Muscles in Heroic: Venom or the Carnage nodes in the first run of Venom Bomb) but this one (The Great Mound) outclass them all. Even though I´ve all essential characters championed it´s nearly impossible to beat this mission without the use of massive boosts or powerful team-ups.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Wow.  This fourth node isn't necessarily hard but it is a tinykitty slog.  Took me about 40% longer than normal to do four clears than a "usual" node.  The tiles don't make it more challenging, they just drag the whole thing out longer.  No "puzzle" involved.  Just a really, really stupid idea.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    What's happening in the 4th sub?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    The "Neutral" tiles now require two extra AP for all powers.  Then, when they go off, they randomly stun one character from those not downed (one character total, could be yours or could be AI).

Again, doesn't add a huge challenge other than matches drag out longer if you use characters that need AP.  Nothing hard about it, just makes for longer matches overall.  
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks.  I'm just glad it isn't exploding tiles, royal shield and AP steal altogether.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Anyone else receiving 0 points for the last regular node of Day 4 of Wakanda Event?  Its giving rewards....just no points
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    The "Neutral" tiles now require two extra AP for all powers.  Then, when they go off, they randomly stun one character from those not downed (one character total, could be yours or could be AI).

Again, doesn't add a huge challenge other than matches drag out longer if you use characters that need AP.  Nothing hard about it, just makes for longer matches overall.  
    Nice.

I came in late so skipped sub 1 (explosion)

Sub 2 (shields) it was mostly IM40/Peggy punching through shields. 

Sub 3 (AP theft) was Grocket/Nico, since I didn’t need AP to shred with buffed strikes. 

Looks like I’ll be using the same combo on the last day. 
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Hoser said:
    Anyone else receiving 0 points for the last regular node of Day 4 of Wakanda Event?  Its giving rewards....just no points
    Same. Just coming to post the same thing. The rewards are normal for the last node, but no points. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Bowgentle said:
    shardwick said:
    Which they don't.
    I was mostly just replying to the assertion that they were "some of the worst characters in the game". Probably muddled my own point  by adding in the last couple of sentences.

I really liked the 4th Sub, but then, I'm using Grockamoradusa as my default, since I don't have a good selection of Boosted characters this week. Since they don't really need much in the way of AP, they tore through this no problem. At lower levels, I'd guess you could manage something similar with Daken and 3*Iron Fist or someone, maybe?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    shardwick said:
    Which they don't.
    I was mostly just replying to the assertion that they were "some of the worst characters in the game". Probably muddled my own point  by adding in the last couple of sentences.

I really liked the 4th Sub, but then, I'm using Grockamoradusa as my default, since I don't have a good selection of Boosted characters this week. Since they don't really need much in the way of AP, they tore through this no problem. At lower levels, I'd guess you could manage something similar with Daken and 3*Iron Fist or someone, maybe?
    Additional bonus of using Gamora on Day 4 is her passive generates a special tile whenever these Hazard tiles stun the opposition. One match it even resulted in The Deadliest Woman activating (the opposition only had 1500 health, but still ...)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    For next time:

- fix hard node points in sub4
    - make all loaner nodes without points instead, so no horror grind needed, unless you want the rewards...
    - make a 4th BP solo node for the last sub