Wakanda vs. Venom Bomb

OneLungDave
OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
Which PvE is more infuriating? 

Neutral (but not really neutral) Countdown Tiles/Dark Avengers AGAIN/Where'd all my health packs go???

Or

Symbiotes feeding Carnage & Venom/"Guard Dog" activating even when the AI destroys their own tiles/Why is this taking so long???

Wakanda vs. Venom Bomb 59 votes

Wakanda
64%
sinnerjflkillercoolGrimSkaldDartmaster01Stranger DanStevO-JaxmossLytes420OneLungDaveroberts_2heybubLavaManLeejgomes32Alfje17METT-T dependentBubba3210rocks52TeamStewieqandolsReecoh 38 votes
Venom Bomb
18%
Marrussia13stochasticismwhoamiMjolnirmight2FelessaChattyWhackerthechairmanPlayer1575MrKasadymurmitFarmerbink 11 votes
Other (Explain in Comments)
16%
ZootSaxspatenflootBlindman13shadowyoshiSim MayorbrollcrackninjaPtahhotepHoundofShadowAlexNapalm 10 votes

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wakanda
    Those neutral countdowns not only are annoying with their function, but their animations drag each match out.  I will take Venom Bomb any day of the week.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neither, they're both fine events.  
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Wakanda
    It's just the 2nd time we're playing Fight for Wakanda and it just makes me anxious and then angry.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I find Wakanda more interesting than Venom due to the different tiles in each sub. It involves more strategic gameplay compared to Venom Bomb. Neither are infuriating.

The Guard Dogs are irritating but I usually use characters with true heal to tank their passive ability. I think many players are angry with using more healthpacks in Wakanda. That's one of the most common reasons I've seen so far. And that makes me wonder what's the obsession with using as little healthpack as possible? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will reserve my judgment until a run of Fight for Wakanda when I don't have the essential fivestar maxed. With a level 550 Black Panther (and before that, Thor), it's not that difficult to blow through the nodes.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Other: All of the events where the developers aren't trying something new to spice up the game for us.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Other, anything that has nodes with mindless ones. I hate mindless ones.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Wakanda
    I think Venom Bomb is lovely compared to Fight for Wakanda.  If I didn't want Shuri, I wouldn't play this again.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wakanda
    Long, drawn out matches. To spice it up, horrible boards. And sentries, sentries everywhere. Hate'm.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Wakanda
    I've already voted but after this 4th node, and the horribly long matches that come with it, I never want to see this event again.  Ever.  I'd rather play Venom Bomb five times in a row.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I don't understand the hate for Venom Bomb, are goons really that hard to deal with these days?  And they nerfed Carnage in the later subs, so what's the big deal?
    Wakanda...I really like the concept.  I have to go off autopilot, and with the tweaks to the hazards for this run I successfully went ahead and took on scl9 with my 4* roster.  The new hazards are really annoying, so I had to come up with some new strategies, which isn't a bad thing.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    I never had a problem with either one but I can see why other people don't like them.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neither are high on my list, but I don't hate either as much as I do Simulator (I like the challenge of the matchups; I hate having to grind them for progression) or the Florida Sub of The Hunt (yes, it's not as bad now, but I still hate it for what it was back when it was run at the same time as Alaska & Savage Lands and had under 3hr refreshes).  Venom Bomb is a better event than Wakanda, if only because it introduced new goons (and has a few humorous pieces of dialogue for those that read that), but I'm guessing that once Wakanda enters the regular rotation and isn't only seen as a new character release event, people will accept it more...like with Venom Bomb, actually...
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Wakanda
    I never hated an event before. Sure, Simulator can be a real pain, but it is at least a bit interesting. But Wakanda is bad. Wakanda is really, really, totally bad. Dark Avengers, Hazard Tiles, combination of essentials that sucks with the event's required gameplay, and those freaking annoying Sentry goons that are already the worst in DDQ.

Wakanda deserved better than this awful event.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Can think of a few far worse than both:

The Hulk
    Simulator
    The Hunt
    Thick as Thieves

Both Venom Bomb (particularly after the symbiote nerf and the Carnage losing his Red in certain nodes) and Wakanda I find to be interesting challenges where other characters shine.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Venom Bomb
    The only thing I hate about the Wakanda mission is including the freaking Dark Avengers.

I really cannot stand Venom Bomb with all the guard dog attacks + greenies powering up their tiles every turn.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Wakanda
    Anything with Sentries automatically is the worst for me.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wakanda

This is a bit nitpicky, but Wakanda actually delivered a disappointingly low level of plot.  At least with Venom Bomb the plot has something of a real progression, FFW just kind of when plegh.  Very little dialogue, some really odd situations (the "Astral plane" thing kind of came out of nowhere and made no sense.  I don't mind the actual variety of villain, but they could have explained it better.)  Yeah, honestly, it looked kind of phoned in to me.

I know, I know, who cares about the plot, but I do like to read it the first time through at least.  That, and the hazard tiles are infinitely more annoying than "Honor Among Thieves."

• AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Gotta go with the simulator with 5 star Gambit in it.