Race to Orazca clarifications

ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
@Brigby Can we get a few more details of the new event?  

What are the optional achievements?

Can we get some specifics on the buffs for each node?

Will decks be locked to specific nodes or will Greg try to bring Dinos to a Pirate fight?  If he does bring a green node deck to a blue node fight, does he get green node buffs or blue node ones?

Comments

• ElfNeedsFood
    I've posted the information I have here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vli-eW7Jwf7YnpLEAc_XlnEMR08gCovYH9ntxYTHzSg/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not sure why this couldn't have been in an official event thread earlier this week?
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby  can we please have the objectives posted now so we can start preparing?
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
       I must say from what i have seen i really dislike the new rules of this event.

Insisting on the ixalan set is ok as a theory ... it will give a big advantage to players that will use the new factions ... well why not after all.

The real problem is that the set being filled with awful cards ... this event mostly gives an advantage to those who were already lucky enough to pull one of the few decent cards from the set. (Not to mention the players that didn't save tons of gold to buy packs or decided to avoid spending currencies for bad cards).
          In other words ... It might help already "lucky" players to get a boost of currencies, while leaving the already "unlucky" ones with poor rewards ... And the feeling that they have been scamed twice.

Its just a bad feeling though ... and i know this might sound like a caricatural vision of an event that could prove me wrong ... I really hope it will actually...

Ps :  Are you serious with the blue node pirate bonus? Giving 1 shield to a support when a pirate enters the board? On a blue node? ...
       Have you ever heard of a blue support that allows to cast a pirate for free with the only counterpart of loosing 1 shield ?
       No? Well take a close look at this forum then ....
  • ElfNeedsFood
    @Bil if I only had Omni...  :(  Also notice it's when a pirate "Enters the battlefield", so your tokens should bounce the counters up too..

• Bil
       I understand that point of view ... But mine is a bit diferent  ;)
       The way i see it  it is one of the cards I'd just like  not to exist at all ... Same goes for HOD, HUF or deploy...i own some of them though, but  for me they are ruining the game ...
       But creating such a mechanic into the main event of the set without even thinking about the most controversial card ingame is just beyond anything ... It just proves once again oktagon has no idea of what they are doing ... 
  • Bil
    After all, it seems that the secundaries have nothing to do with the factions ... So the impact of the nodes rules isnt that obvious. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Yeah, they nerfed the secondaries...  Buffing Merfolk for casting spells on blue and then setting spell max to 2...  Hmm...