Across Ixalan: Free or are the players being plundered?

Jayarieldrillowup
Jayarieldrillowup Posts: 21 Just Dropped In

Was Across Ixalan free as announced last week because the first itineration was flawed or is my screen deceiving me?

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other people who never come to the forums are wondering about this as well.
    Some have screenshots of promises from support...

Given that we have always had huge trouble getting even minimal recompense from support for problems, them promising something was huge, it would be very 'disappointing' if they were to break promises so very quickly.

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Yikes! I wasn’t best pleased with the promise of a “free” event after wasting 20 of my hard-earned crystals on a bugged and cancelled event. I honestly just want my 20 crystals back. 

But to to find out that that “promise” was untrue is ridiculous. Granted, I’m already on the warpath due to recent eff ups (so take what I say with a while Morton’s factory of salt!) but I wouldn’t be surprised if FTA’s MTGPQ slack chat evolves into FTA’s generic-nerd-game chat.

Honestly, most of our action is in our fire emblem and cat photo channels anyway :wink: /s
  • Sarahschmara
    Kinesia said:
    Other people who never come to the forums are wondering about this as well.
    Some have screenshots of promises from support...

This is actually a valid point. People are afraid/intimidated by the forums. How do we make this a safer, more welcoming space for them? (Aside from not hiding swears in titles :wink:)
  • Sarahschmara
    According to reports from my teammates, this event asks for confirmation but does not deduct the crystals from one’s account. Many thanks to the brave teammate who tested this—you’re a tiger! Rawr!
  • Jayarieldrillowup
    Hmm I will test out the event and watch my crystals. And by the way, the above image was not from my device but from a fellow teammate in FromtheAshes or as I call us From Terror: Ashiok!
  • Sarahschmara
    Hmm I will test out the event and watch my crystals. And by the way, the above image was not from my device but from a fellow teammate in FromtheAshes or as I call us From Terror: Ashiok!
    Acceptable!
  • Jayarieldrillowup
    Reports coming in.

Event says free but charges you crystals.

Watch your crystal amount carefully!
  • Sarahschmara
    PSA: not only did I get a SWW error but it did actually charge me crystals. I’d like my 20 crystals from the original event and my 20 crystals from this bet refunded, please.