4* DDQ: Nick Fury vs. 3* Magneto

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Is this the first Crash since Fury's been rebalanced? I think so. Anyway, my 5/5/3 Level 280 got whipped the first try. Mags still had over 10K health left. It didn't help that just about every move he had was a match-4.

Second match wasn't much better, but I got him with no boosts, finishing with just 604 health. I fired each power once, and I think Escape Plan twice, finishing him off with the second one. Token to the hoard for when I try for Ghost Rider tomorrow. 

I'm curious if it would have been better to go 5/3/5 for this one. I was figuring though that I would be prioritizing blue and yellow to deny Mags, so might as well have those at 5. And definitely try and deny Mags his colors as much as possible. Red is fairly cheap, hits decently hard, and has cascade potential.

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    110 5/5/2 Fury. Got obliterated in the 1st match (no boosts) but added a few (AP and the Blue/Purple damage to the 2nd one made it an even match -- I took him out before he could magnetize some projectiles.

My first ever Archangel cover (Blue).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3 lvl 160 Nick destroyed Maggie 2nd time thanks to some tasty demolition and finished off with an escape plan. Spy-tastic.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    4/3/1 lvl 172 Jules with an eye patch got beat up the first time with no boosts and a bad board, had some avengers assembled to get close the second time with boosts, and finally assembled demolition and avenged the losses on the third try. Token starts the hoard. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/2/2 Tried it the first time at lvl 78, unsurprisingly got destroyed. Dumped some ISO into him, tossed on some AP boosts, and got a good board the second time for the win. Mostly on the strength of the crits and stun from the his yellow, but it certainly didn't hurt that one of the traps from his blue landed on a match-4 in a colour useless to Mags.

Token was a Carnage red, bringing him to a nice even 2/2/2.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    5/4/0 lvl 70 Nick Fury got wrecked the first time. Leveled him up to 150 with +1 yellow and blue boost. 
    Got him the first time here, just lucked into those ungodly cascades usually reserved for the AI.

He fired one Polarizing force which didn't help him at all. Was hoping to kill him with blue but he just wouldn't match those trap tiles. 

Token to the hoard.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 lv.280

Not used to needing 2 attempts with my champed chars, but did this time. What makes this fight tough is Mags powers costing less and when boosted they do a ton of damage. Couple blasts from Fury though for the win.

Token to the hoard.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat the match after a few failures using my 4/5/2 level 152 Nick Fury, with no boosts.  I just denied red and blue, and managed to cast Demolition twice, which was enough to take Magneto down.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Champed 5/5/3 Fury stole all the blue and Mags matched a trap the first turn they were out. Match damage finished him off. I know this one can go off the rails in a hurry, so I'm glad the first try went swimmingly.

12th Rogue cover to 4/4/4, have to like when that happens.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised how many people are struggling on this one.  I beat it first time no boosts with 5/5/3 L193.  Maybe I had a good board.

+1 to the hoard.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I'm surprised how many people are struggling on this one.  I beat it first time no boosts with 5/5/3 L193.  Maybe I had a good board.

+1 to the hoard.
    I kind of felt the same way when I beat Quake's Crash the first time with my 5/4/4 Level 115, then saw so many with champed Quake's saying they were having issues. 

Sometimes you eat the board, sometimes the board eats you. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    120 3/5/5 did it first try no boosts. Just denied blue and then red and set the trap.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    3/5/4 229 first try no boosts - got lots of blue early and then the demolition tiles landed on a match 4 for magneto who demolished himself