Civil War - Boss doesn't unlock after node clear

Options
2»

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We cleared the Team Cap side first and the Iron Man boss node unlocked for everyone after each Round was cleared.

We've started on Team Iron Man side now, and the Captain America boss node remains locked after clearing a Round, but it does unlock after beating one of the side nodes.

Maybe the Team Cap side is broken, and the Team Iron Man side is actually working as intended? 

Maybe the boss node remaining locked after clearing a Round is an intentional change to prevent Alliances from gaming the system and clearing the early Rounds by having everyone hit the Boss node once, then wait for everyone else to do the same...sort of like what we did for the Team Cap side ;)
  • Rob82092
    Rob82092 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been locked out of the boss fights throughout each new round until the 8 hour tick happens.

Started Team Iron Man, some other alliance members have had the same issue, some have been fine.

Pretty mad, considering it's an old event.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby our alliance is playing team IM. It looks like one person has played a small amount on the team Cap side. We are on round seven of team IM and the boss node did not unlock upon completion of any of our rounds so far. We've verified within our alliance that it's not unlocking for any of us.
  • VariableJ
    VariableJ Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby Most of my alliance is doing Team Iron Man as am I.  I have only completed Team Iron Man nodes and boss fights.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was doing both sides at first and now that we are doing team cap everything appears to be working.
  • Ctaggart
    Ctaggart Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    We are all playing Team Iron Man. The boss fights are NOT reopening when the round is cleared. We should have been done with this side by now. Very frustrating because there's probably not much of a chance at clearing the cap side. This should have been fixed yesterday or at least this morning. Very frustrating, especially for my lower roster people in my alliance.
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Same here. Entire alliance chose team IM. Boss fight does not unlock upon completing a round.
  • Yeaheah
    Yeaheah Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think the problem is that, when you are on team im, the cap am boss never unlocks after clearing a round unless the round on team cap (im boss) is completed. 

Iaw: if you want a free unlock for team im, you need to clear the round on team cap am
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Just to dive a bit deeper into this issue, is everyone playing on the same team for the entirety of the event, or did some of you go back and forth between completing nodes on either team?
    Alliance mostly played once side, with a couple of people on the other. Once we cleared one we all moved to the second. 3 times my boss did not unlock when a new round started... and counting. Looks like once it happened once, it has not worked since.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My alliance was Team IM. We cleared the nodes on Cap's side but fought vs Cap. At least five or six of us encountered the problem.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    We finished team cap late, and just hopped over to team iron man. I did not need to complete a side node, since i didn't fight the team cap boss mission. I then fought the team iron man boss node. After winning that I completed the Ares side node wave mission. Once finished with that side node, the team iron man boss node did not unlock. 

I now understand all the frustration. 

*sad panda*
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Theory: maybe you only get a boss unlock once for each round number, so if you get an unlock on either cap or IM round 3, you can also get an unlock on completing round 3 on the other side later.