Player ap loss [Investigating]

vernr1
vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
So I have noticed this happen a few times now and have been unable to explain or find any reason for it. I will have collected enough AP to ‘fire’ a power, but somehow during the computers turn I lose AP and am unable to fire. I would understand if the opponent had some means of ‘draining’ AP, but in all these cases they never do. I have noticed this 4-5 times with Gamora blue power (not effected by reduction of AP costs either).. I’m saying I have 3 blue ap, make a blue match3, next turn I still have 3 blue ap, occasionally 4 or 5... I SHOULD have 6... there is something totally messed up going on :(

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    I was thinking my eyes were deceiving me, though I would agree that at times I did have 6 blue AP to fire her stun. Ai’s turn happens, the enemies AP bars show up, and then my blue AP is only at 3? Hmmmmm I thought I had 6? Oh well I guess not...
  • vernr1
    Has happened at least 3 more times since posting this...

May have also lost some purple AP this morning, was positive I had what was needed to fire power, next round  comes along and suddenly not enough :(

In terms of Gamora, I am thinking it might happen when I make a blue match and then the computer either spends blue AP or gains AP (haven’t been able to verify as of yet). Continues to happen very frequently however
  • vernr1
    edited January 2018
    Opponent seems random.. I do verify they have no means of draining AP however.

Just had this happen with Beast in PvP. Enemy team was down to just beast, I had 3blue, made a blue match3 and next round had 3 blue ap :(  This time I had Draxx and  Grocket in the team.

The closest I can figure ATM is that when I make a match3 for blue and then the computer fires a blue power the following round, I either lose AP or lose credit for AP gained last round.
  • vernr1
    Was fighting beast with an invis woman team and lost blue AP, I wonder if beast is somehow tied to it? This is first i’ve noticed losing blue AP when Gamora 4* wasn’t on my team
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I have passed this issue along to the QA team to investigate. Thanks for the info!
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Mjolnirmight2 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    having the same problem. Driving me nuts!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't been able to catch it for sure, but I think I've been having trouble with this as well. Does seem to happen most often with blue, and more specifically most often with Gamora.
  • vernr1
    Just had this happen with Yellow AP in the Behemoth Burrito match.  Had  it happen with Black AP while using IronFist, but that ‘may’ have been a ‘drain’ mechanic (fight resolved and was unable to check )
  • vernr1
    So an update on this issue. I was having it happen fairly common prior to the release of the new hazard tiles, since they rolled out, have not experienced loss of AP a single time. Must assume that these where somehow related, maybe early code for the ap drain traps were causing issues due to not full implementation?

Either way, this issue seems to have resolved itself (for me at least).
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I had this issue for the first time today.  Twice it said I had 12 black I set off Luke Cage's power (which costs 6) and then tried to set off again, but notice I now only had 4.  I thought maye the astral plane hazard tiles, but they should just increase the cost of powers not reduce the AP, right?  The enemy was Red Hulk, Dr. Doom, and a goon.  I don't think any of those can steal or drain black (I know red Hulk can drain green).  

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot to get a screenshot, but I saw this happen to the AI in Blind Justice. Daredevil/Peggy/IM40 mirror match. The AI cascaded into at least two, and possibly three blue matches, but at the end of it only had the 1 blue they'd had before.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I had this issue for the first time today.  Twice it said I had 12 black I set off Luke Cage's power (which costs 6) and then tried to set off again, but notice I now only had 4.  I thought maye the astral plane hazard tiles, but they should just increase the cost of powers not reduce the AP, right?  The enemy was Red Hulk, Dr. Doom, and a goon.  I don't think any of those can steal or drain black (I know red Hulk can drain green).  

The hazard tiles increased the cost of powers, so when you fired Cage's black, it cost 8, not 6.  :)
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    bigsmooth said:

The hazard tiles increased the cost of powers, so when you fired Cage's black, it cost 8, not 6.  :)

The other thing to check is whether your team has any cost-reducing effects going on. I play 4* Starlord a lot, and I'll gear up to fire off a power, then his yellow countdown tile expires and my costs go up, making it look like I "lost" AP.
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    bigsmooth said:

This is true, but the second time I checked and (unless I missed one) there were no hazard tiles on the board (should probably have mention that in my post, sorry).