ROGUE play tips out there? Pairings

Options
Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
I don't see a lot people using rogue.  She seems like a nice damage sponge, maybe ap generation...

any tips for using her?  

any tips for who to use her with?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Vulture and Prof X

The key to Rogue is keeping her in front as much as possible. She also really shines as a tank with a Protect Tile producer. This team utilizes both those strategies.

Get Vulture airborne to start his antics, which will cause Prof X to start spamming special tiles (including Protect Tiles) every time Vulture does something. Match enough black to keep him airborne and out of Rogue's way, allowing her to tank more colors. Then, get Prof X invisible. Now Rogue is always in front with Protect Tiles and no matter what your enemy throws at you, it'll be anemic. Remember: Rogue's yellow mitigates the incoming damage first, then the Protect Tiles subtract from whatever is left.

Use Vulture's blue and green as your main offense, but he'll also generate a trickle of red for Rogue's big punch. You may want to mix in one cast of Rogue's green to neuter an enemy if you're facing an opponent that relies on one color to succeed (like 4blade). 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I will be pairing Rogue with the ne BP as soon as I can get him covered lots of cheep powers that you can cast off of Rogues green and high defense thanks to Rogues passive and BP shield tiles than throw in Vulture or some other battery (green/red/blue) and I expect that team to be very solid.  You see her a lot once you get a few 5 championed in pvp.  She is a very pvp oriented character she is ok in pve but the other team needs to be making matches for her to shine.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, don't even attempt to find a use for her against PvE goons. Rogue needs active opponents to get any use out of her.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use her mainly as an ap gen, 4/5/4. Against a 5* team she's not useful as a tank. Her jumping in front just gets her killed.
    I use her with Coulson, really helps manage her ap gen without self harm.   In pve I still like her as a support. The key to not hitting yourself with power siphon, cheap powers and tile movers. Going above the 14 ap limit using a power at the start of the match lets you spend that ap before power siphon goes off.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would definitely suggest reading her character thread.  I play her a lot.  But she's almost strictly PVP for me.  Still easily top 10 in the tier. She does a lot of things really well and has no bad partners.

I like her with Vulture the most because it's a tough team on defense.  She will keep popping out making it hard to down him before he goes airborne.  And while not the best character, I do like MEHulk for a third to complete the rainbow (I just think his powers are fun!).  He has two high cost powers and Rogue can help fuel them with her green if you face a Yellow/Purple strongest character.  Fury would be another good Yellow/Purple third and would give you a better outlet for Vulture's blue.
  • LordRayne
    LordRayne Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    In the 3* Hulk event a few months back, I laughed my way along by using C4rol, Rogue and obviously 3* Hulk. Since the opponents Hulk would often end up taking damage, the board quickly flooded with Green. As it's the enemy's strongest colour, and I made sure to use Rogue's green first, the enemy just melted. Make sure C4rol's green is set to 5 in this scenario. The enemy does no damage with green matches due to Rogue, and takes heavy aoe damage whenever they match it, making Hulk's passive go off even more, and repeating the process.