Ixalan Card Gallery (2/12/18) *Updated

123457»

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    This Set is like Homelands in Paper. Some gems but the Rest is way to costy.

River Rebuke is the Force of Will in Set then.

And yes, I see synergy but nothing  that bet the meta. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    greven said:
    Oktagon have been done great job with Booster Crafting. And Ixalan is their first set to release. Lets not judge them to early and give them some room. As we know, this is not an easy task to do with so much things to balance in this game. They might bring new game experience more than: matching gems, summon op creatures and win in 5 minutes... or cycling, omni, huf, nyx decks...(i seldom see energize, eternalize, afflict or even vampire deck....) so lets help oktagon improving this game for the sake of our own game experiences
    It's seems likely that most of the work for Booster crafting and Bolas was already done by Hibernum before they had to close shop and Oktagon picked up the pieces and did a bit of polishing.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    khurram said:
    greven said:
    Oktagon have been done great job with Booster Crafting. And Ixalan is their first set to release. Lets not judge them to early and give them some room. As we know, this is not an easy task to do with so much things to balance in this game. They might bring new game experience more than: matching gems, summon op creatures and win in 5 minutes... or cycling, omni, huf, nyx decks...(i seldom see energize, eternalize, afflict or even vampire deck....) so lets help oktagon improving this game for the sake of our own game experiences
    It's seems likely that most of the work for Booster crafting and Bolas was already done by Hibernum before they had to close shop and Oktagon picked up the pieces and did a bit of polishing.
    If that is true (and I'm not so sure about that), then Ixalan shouldn't repeat some of the biggest flaws that Hibernum had in their designs already. 
  • TheExaminer
    TheExaminer Posts: 94 Match Maker

Am I the only one, who is going to spend all the gold I've saved, on HOD after these spoilers? I mean, I will wait for about 10-12 hours before doing that, but as for now, I am not gonna waste my precious resources on RIX, no way.
    I see exactly 0 playable uncommons, commons make me literally cry, and there is about 3.5 cards at rare, which could be useful. 
    P.S.: some of the mythics look pretty strong to me, so here comes a question: how in the world do you reduce a "power gap" (or whatever they called it in the latest blog) by literally overwhelming boosters with unplayables at "Newbies have access to this" rarity and adding a slim chance to get an unbeatable bomb? Isnt it literally the opposite to what they claimed they desired to do?
    Sooo, I waited, and it paid off! Never felt this smart. 195 gold for a premium pack, especially considering the rarities breakout. 
    Cheers,
    Happy owner of 0 Ixalan cards and of 3 new HOD rares.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Hi Everyone - The cards I mentioned will be the only card exclusives for Ixalan.  Sorry for the delayed response.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - The cards I mentioned will be the only card exclusives for Ixalan.  Sorry for the delayed response.
    @LakeStone will they be indicated in-game as such? Currently it is showing no exclusives for Ixalan and all the HOU exclusives as still so. 
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    bken1234 said:
    LakeStone said:
    @LakeStone will they be indicated in-game as such? Currently it is showing no exclusives for Ixalan and all the HOU exclusives as still so. 
    I'll let the team know.  Thanks for the heads up.
  • khurram
    LakeStone said:
    bken1234 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Can you also confirm if the HOU exclusives are lootable from the booster packs now? They are showing up in the lootable cards list but with the wording that "this card can not be obtained from card packs"
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    khurram said:
    LakeStone said:
    bken1234 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Can you also confirm if the HOU exclusives are lootable from the booster packs now? They are showing up in the lootable cards list but with the wording that "this card can not be obtained from card packs"
    They’re lootable, despite the exclusive overlay
  • khurram
    octal9 said:
    khurram said:
    LakeStone said:
    bken1234 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Did anyone get any of those? 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    I've seen Imminent Doom looted in the TP9 chat.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    khurram said:
    octal9 said:
    khurram said:
    LakeStone said:
    bken1234 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Did anyone get any of those? 
    I looted Scarab God more than a month ago and people have been doing the same with the HoU exclusives for the same amount of time. In the past 24 hours I’ve se