Health Pack - let me use only half

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
Some characters come into their own when injured.  It would be nice if we could heal them only to half of their full health.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Heck, just rework the Health pack system. Raise the max to 20, let them regenerate in 18 minutes instead of 36, and let each heal the character of half their Health.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the game should automatically full heal 5* DD and 5* Thor instead. Adding a half pack heal will dilute the vault. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    As you stated, you only want half heals so that you can get more usability out of certain characters' powers. However, these powers were designed specifically so that you had to suffer grievous damage before they kick in, so being able to heal halfway would mean the powers are unbalanced now. Why not just lower the characters' max health and make the powers always active?

On the other hand, if we really are talking about redesigning health packs, let's leave out arbitrary measures like "half" and talk numbers. What if health packs only healed (for example) 5,000 health? Of course you'd want them to regenerate faster, and you'd probably want either a higher cap on your daily allotment or an easier way to obtain them for free. But this would give you the flexibility to do things like only heal those characters halfway, while adding the strategy element of trying to decide how high to heal your characters to get them through a given fight.

Just my 2 cents :smiley:

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Heck, just rework the Health pack system. Raise the max to 20, let them regenerate in 18 minutes instead of 36, and let each heal the character of half their Health.

I am intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care either way. But if health packs start healing only half, you better raise my cap to 20.