MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I guess the race is on to get at least one 5* Ghost Rider cover for me so I'm not locked out of the 5* nodes.
  • BigND2k14
    BigND2k14 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Hi! Any advise to new player on how easily get rid of Cap America's protected reinforcement tiles? Any specific character or skill?
    Thanks.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    Thank you for the correct venom bomb tokens
    +1 for that. I ended up with both Kraven covers thanks to those.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    BigND2k14 said:
    Hi! Any advise to new player on how easily get rid of Cap America's protected reinforcement tiles? Any specific character or skill?
    Thanks.
    For newer players it may be difficult to take care of his CD's before they resolve. But, if you have Iron-Man Model 40 and 3 Captain America, his red or blue ability may over-write fortified CD's (and retains the fortification).

If you have mostly 2* characters, no one has an inexpensive ability to take them out. Again, Cap's blue and red can be placed on any tile, but aren't cheap abilities.  Bullseye's green costs 11, but can certainly help to align some specific matches for you. 

If you have any 4* characters, the following have some great mechanics or board control to help with the enemy CD's: Gwenpool purple, Star-Lord purple, Cyclops, Quake blue, TA Hulk green, Jean Grey purple, Vulture black-with-blue combo. 

5*: Gambit purple is amazing.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigND2k14 said:
    Thanks.
    Doesn't get rid of them, but OBW's (2* Black Widow) blue is a reliable way to stave off the countdowns for a few extra turns.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    can you stop listing alliance placement rewards that don't exist? Nico is listed as a 4star alliance placement reward for MR&G.
    Now I would be hopeful this is a change in reward structure if you also didn't do the same for Gamora 4star in The Hunt and Kate Bishop in Venom Bomb, neither of which were given out.
    You are confusing some Redditors with this...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    @Brigby
    can you stop listing alliance placement rewards that don't exist? Nico is listed as a 4star alliance placement reward for MR&G.
    Now I would be hopeful this is a change in reward structure if you also didn't do the same for Gamora 4star in The Hunt and Kate Bishop in Venom Bomb, neither of which were given out.

Well they DO exist.
    For the T2 alliances in CL9.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    BigND2k14 said:
    Thanks.

You can use

1. OBW to increase the countdown time
    2. Juggernaut's Green to knock down the protected status (random tiles destruction)
    3. 1* Hawkeye to clear the row (can be chosen)
    4. 1* / 2* Storm's green (random tiles destruction)
    5. 1* Yelena Payback Mission
    6. 2* Captain America red and blue
    7. 2* Captain Marvel yellow
    8. 2* Bagman

Anyway, if you knock out Cap America, the other two backup will be knocked out along with him. I just tried it.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Daiches said:
    @Brigby

Well they DO exist.
    I can confirm, those 4* rewards were indeed given to us.. :-)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Daiches said:
    @Brigby

Well they DO exist.
    I can confirm, those 4* rewards were indeed given to us.. :-)
    Did not know that. Probably hidden by the extra LT you already get.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just look at the alliance rewards, they're there.
    It's a nice bonus.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    It's a nice bonus.
    I think you misspelled "niche"
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby in the DDQ latest update, you informed  that the vault is the Sweet Vault when it's actually the Savory Vault.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Safe to assume the next Story event will be the re-run of Wakanda with Shuri?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Safe to assume the next Story event will be the re-run of Wakanda with Shuri?
    Very safe.  People are seeing the expired FfW tokens show up in game with Shuri artwork.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby anything on the next boosted list/events? 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby anything on the next boosted list/events? 
    My guess is Wakanda event, BP5 essential and Shuri as release..
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to seeing what Shuri can do. Guessing a direct attack with stun (based on high-tech boxing gloves). Hoping for AP generation, possibly based on matching various special tiles (recycling tech). Maybe special tile fortification for synergy with new Panther (I don’t have anything to put in parentheses, but the other sentences ended this way).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m expecting Shuri will do something to trivialize one of the other two missions in Wakanda the way P4nther would kill in round two of it with his shield matching bonus. Either something to manipulate countdowns (all rounds), mitigate AP theft/loss (round 3), or mitigate incoming/compound outgoing AOE damage (round 1)