Civil war event. Alliance strategies

Our Alliance cannot come to a decision on how to attack the civil war event.

there are these up on our team discussion:
*Everyone Join Team Iron man and attack captain america
•half go team cap half go team IM
•Do Goons on Team Cap, do Boss on Team Ironman. Once alliance prog is maxed on one, fully switch to the other.
•Stronger players join Join Team Cap and attack iron man, weaker players join Team Iron man and attack captain america
•Everyone Join Team Cap and attack iron man
•Weaker players join Join Team Cap and attack iron man, stronger players Join Team Iron man and attack captain america

Once you win one side can you switch?  or are you stuck on one team?

Comments

• Bowgentle
      Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
      Tintaiwan said:

•Do Goons on Team Cap, do Boss on Team Ironman. Once alliance prog is maxed on one, fully switch to the other.
        This.
        Needs a strong alliance to finish both sides, though.
      • Tintaiwan
        Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
        so you can switch?  

• Bowgentle
        Tintaiwan said:
        so you can switch?  

How else would you finish both sides?
        Sure you can switch.
      • dragonreader
        dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
        Question if our alliance is doing team iron man and I don't have a required character for one of the non-boss missions, if I do a non-boss mission in team cap will it unlock the boss in team iron man? 
      • ThaRoadWarrior
        ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
        edited February 2018
        I just ran a test to confirm: if you do a side node on the opposite team, it unlocks both bosses, but locks out a node clear for both sides.
      • dragonreader
        I just ran a test to confirm: if you do a side node on the opposite team, it unlocks both bosses, but locks out a node clear for both sides.
        Cool.  The only node I haven't cleared on team iron man is the one that requires Mr. Fantastic, who I don't have.  So I think I can do the one in team cap that requires Sam Wilson, who I do have, to unlock the boss event in team iron man.  
      • randomhero1090
        randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
        Oooooh that's really good info...  thank you!
      • ThaRoadWarrior
        ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
        doing so dilutes your points a bit between both teams, but if the other option is losing the clear, it seems like the move.
      • dragonreader
        Doesn't it increase my points in team iron man since I otherwise would not have been able to do the boss mission before we move up to round 2?  I would have got zero for the Mr. fantastic node anyway, since I couldn't do it.  

Just trying to figure out so I don't mess up for my alliance.

• spatenfloot
        spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
        It won't mess anything up. Just do what you gotta do.
      • bluewolf
        bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
        I suppose this is late advice, but yes. Clearing a node on one side adds points to that side and doesn’t detract from the other, and more boss clears are really your main goal, however you unlock them.

But obviously if you clear a node it’s locked, so if you chose to clear on one side you can’t use the same node on the other.  So if you are focused on one side and you have the essentials, stick to that side
      • Bowgentle
        bluewolf said:
        I suppose this is late advice, but yes. Clearing a node on one side adds points to that side and doesn’t detract from the other, and more boss clears are really your main goal, however you unlock them.

But obviously if you clear a node it’s locked, so if you chose to clear on one side you can’t use the same node on the other.  So if you are focused on one side and you have the essentials, stick to that side
        No.
        Do side nodes on one side, boss on the other.
        Hill unlock a few rounds on the boss you're not actively working on this way and don't have to waste hits on early rounds.
      • Bowgentle
        bluewolf said:

No.
        Do side nodes on one side, boss on the other.
        Hill unlock a few rounds on the boss you're not actively working on this way and don't have to waste hits on early rounds.