Civil War Boss Event is Back! (2/13/18)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I'm still not super clear on the best way to approach this event. Is it possible to do concurrent clears as an individual, or do the sub nodes on one side lock out the sub nodes on the other? Like can full personal progression be achieved on both with an inactive alliance?
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    The first run of this was so cool. 5* Cap and IM46 were earnable.. that was years ago.. just saying
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i am guessing the reason why progression is so high is cause it's still old boss programing. boss node didn't reset after stage is finished.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I want to hit 706,000 for personal progression point. No alliance. For Team Cap, I do not have:

Kate Wilson, Steve Roger (First Avenger), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Sam Wilson (Captain America) , The Thing, The Punisher, Winter Soldier, Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon), Storm (Mohawk)

Any seasoned players able to work out the probabilities of my hitting  706,000 for personal progression. I'm a solo player or single player team.
    Unless it's to prove something, just join a public alliance. You will be wasting a lot of boss hits getting through the early rounds by your self
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War Event is Bugged. At least 3 different members of my alliance have reported the boss not re-opening after a node clear.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    why is full progress on each side it is 1.2 million, while if there is another alliance event it's only 900k?
    I think that the last time this event ran, boss events still had 1.2M for the max progression.  It wasn't until maybe the Sinister 6 event that 900k became the norm, and they probably forgot to adjust the numbers here.  
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    Civil War Event is Bugged. At least 3 different members of my alliance have reported the boss not re-opening after a node clear.
    Close and reopen the app
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    This is being widely experienced and the devs are investigating. Force close doesn’t always work.  Perhaps “rarely works” is more accurate.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    I´ve noticed that too. You have to close and re-open the game for one or two times, it should work then.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    I'm seeing the opposite problem.  I beat the boss and none of the nodes will open.

More info: I cleared Round 1 in Team Cap against IM and pals.  While waiting for either new missions or enough points from my alliance to start Round 2, I played one mission in Team Iron against Boss Cap.  Now I'm frozen completely: Team Cap, which is now on Round 2, will have new missions in 5 hr 30 min, and Team Iron's nodes are all locked and say "Unavailable."  I can't play anything.  I have forced restart three times.
  • StormShadow
    StormShadow Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I am having the same problem as @Heartbreaksoup
    Defeating the boss node isn't unlocking any of the other mission nodes. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    It seems like you get to play 5 nodes, on any side, in the 8 hour window.  I played 4 on IM, didnt' have Mr Fantastic so I played the Falcon node on Cap.  I've since then beat the IM boss node twice but it didn't unlock anything.  The boss node was unlocked by leveling by the alliance.

But now my alliance just unlocked level 4 on IM and nothing opened.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Alfje17 said:
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    If Boss Events are going to be added to normal rotation, you need to work out a way where we aren't locked into clearing every 8 hours. As someone from the UK, I have to find time to do a clear between 1am and 9am. On a work day, this is incredibly hard to do. 

I hope this means the event gets extended to four Days so the end comes at noon EST instead of midnight EST. That last Little four hour refresh happens to fall between 2AM and 6AM in my timezone, so I usually end up sleeping through it.
    This whole 8 hour thing has to change if this is to become a regular thing. I make exceptions for the Boss Events up to now, because they ran so rarely. If Boss Events start becoming a weekly thing, its totally unfair on anyone that happens to be outside of the US time zone. I'm certainly not going to be late to work on a morning just to get a clear in on a silly mobile game. 
    Other than possibly sleeping through the final short refresh, does the US actually get that much of an advantage?

You say you're in the UK, so you'd be at UTC+0.  The west coast of the US is at UTC-8, so they'd also have refreshes occurring at 1am and 9am local time.  I get the same at UTC+8.

I can understand not liking the 8 hour schedule (it was a pain when it applied to regular story events), but I think you overestimate the benefit of being in the US.

It's mainly that last refresh (1am - 5am GMT or 2am - 6am CET) where you have no chance of playing. If it was 8 hours like every other refresh, then you could do a bunch of clears in the last hours of it before 9am GMT or 10am CET.

4 of us in the UK and 2 in Europe are able to clear all nodes in every refresh, apart from that last one, so our alliance misses out on quite a bit of points.

You really want to avoid playing the last refresh anyway - side nodes will be at insane levels by then.
    Not really an option this event, cause you wont be done probably.. its not like the other boss event, where we are only iso farming for the last 36 hours...

We will attempt to clear both sides, so I assume every boss hit will count...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Alfje17 said:
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    If Boss Events are going to be added to normal rotation, you need to work out a way where we aren't locked into clearing every 8 hours. As someone from the UK, I have to find time to do a clear between 1am and 9am. On a work day, this is incredibly hard to do. 

I hope this means the event gets extended to four Days so the end comes at noon EST instead of midnight EST. That last Little four hour refresh happens to fall between 2AM and 6AM in my timezone, so I usually end up sleeping through it.
    This whole 8 hour thing has to change if this is to become a regular thing. I make exceptions for the Boss Events up to now, because they ran so rarely. If Boss Events start becoming a weekly thing, its totally unfair on anyone that happens to be outside of the US time zone. I'm certainly not going to be late to work on a morning just to get a clear in on a silly mobile game. 
    Other than possibly sleeping through the final short refresh, does the US actually get that much of an advantage?

You say you're in the UK, so you'd be at UTC+0.  The west coast of the US is at UTC-8, so they'd also have refreshes occurring at 1am and 9am local time.  I get the same at UTC+8.

I can understand not liking the 8 hour schedule (it was a pain when it applied to regular story events), but I think you overestimate the benefit of being in the US.

It's mainly that last refresh (1am - 5am GMT or 2am - 6am CET) where you have no chance of playing. If it was 8 hours like every other refresh, then you could do a bunch of clears in the last hours of it before 9am GMT or 10am CET.

4 of us in the UK and 2 in Europe are able to clear all nodes in every refresh, apart from that last one, so our alliance misses out on quite a bit of points.

You really want to avoid playing the last refresh anyway - side nodes will be at insane levels by then.
    Not really an option this event, cause you wont be done probably.. its not like the other boss event, where we are only iso farming for the last 36 hours...

We will attempt to clear both sides, so I assume every boss hit will count...
    My final refresh is 2-6 am so I'll only get a few hits in when I get up.
    Alliance should be done early, personal prog on both sides may require those final hits.
  • Smart80
    We’ll see, but either way, there is no reason at all, to have last refresh take less than the standard 8 hours...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    We’ll see, but either way, there is no reason at all, to have last refresh take less than the standard 8 hours...
    There's also no reason why side nodes need to scale to roster instead of capping out at, say, 400.

Never ask for logic with Demiurge.
  • Smart80
    But thats the same for all, not better or worse, based on where someone lives
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    It seems like you get to play 5 nodes, on any side, in the 8 hour window.  I played 4 on IM, didnt' have Mr Fantastic so I played the Falcon node on Cap.  I've since then beat the IM boss node twice but it didn't unlock anything.  The boss node was unlocked by leveling by the alliance.

But now my alliance just unlocked level 4 on IM and nothing opened.

@Heartbreaksoup the gate nodes can only be played every 8 hours. You get only five gate nodes and they can be played on either side. The boss will reopen when you clear a level. But, the gate nodes stay locked. This is how it was 2 years ago when it first ran. 
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Who knows why my boss is lvl 401 in round 7? Is it supposed to be that way? I thought max boss lvl is 400 at round 8. Scaling problems again?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who knows why my boss is lvl 401 in round 7? Is it supposed to be that way? I thought max boss lvl is 400 at round 8. Scaling problems again?
    Round 6 is 351 right now, too.  Strange.