Civil War Boss Event is Back! (2/13/18)

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly484 said:
    They make it work because boss events were rare, doing it every week would become a problem. I'm presuming you dont have an issue with the time zones, so its not a problem for you. Me having to do a clear, which would normally take at least half an hour, between the hours of 1am and 9am, is and has always been a huge inconvenience. That is why, in normal PVE's, I don't select a time slice that will require me to do any playing during those times. 
    Well they didn't say weekly they said would be added into normal rotation, so that would be about 1 or 3x a month, not every week.
    Even once a month is too many. Thats at least 12 a year! Time slices have to be added for this to work. 
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    So, just numbers on boosted chars

5*: Cap: 3 IM: 4
    4*: Cap: 5 IM: 6
    3*: Cap: 8 IM: 5
    2*: Cap: 3 IM: 3
    1*: Cap: 2 IM: 3

Team Iron Man is definitely weighted towards more developed rosters, where team cap is focused on 3*. Cap also gets an older 4*, where IM is a latest 4*. Was this split intentional? I.e. Cap for newer players, IM for older players?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I do like alliance events but the lack of iso is a serious issue, if alliance events are going to be more frequent then they need to up the rewards 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I hate alliance events. As the active player in my alliance I never progress far and suffer badly from the time based escalation on the side nodes.
    I would suggest that a new tab be created alongside the existing prologue, story and versus ones for alliance events. Increase the refresh period to 24 hours and run alternating 10 and 11 day events. This would give two events every three weeks with about the same same number of refreshes as currently. Standard PVE events would then be able to be run alongside for those that wanted them.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    OJSP said:
    Nabistay said:
    Team Iron Man is definitely weighted towards more developed rosters, where team cap is focused on 3*. Cap also gets an older 4*, where IM is a latest 4*. Was this split intentional? I.e. Cap for newer players, IM for older players?
    It’s based on the storyline, isn’t it? This is why Natasha Romanoff is now Team Cap (she used to be Team IM)
    If it was story based (comics) then wouldn't Spider-man Back In Black be team cap? Since he switched sides mid-Civil War story and then the Back-In-Black story happened. I think
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    If Boss Events are going to be added to normal rotation, you need to work out a way where we aren't locked into clearing every 8 hours. As someone from the UK, I have to find time to do a clear between 1am and 9am. On a work day, this is incredibly hard to do. 

I hope this means the event gets extended to four Days so the end comes at noon EST instead of midnight EST. That last Little four hour refresh happens to fall between 2AM and 6AM in my timezone, so I usually end up sleeping through it.
    This whole 8 hour thing has to change if this is to become a regular thing. I make exceptions for the Boss Events up to now, because they ran so rarely. If Boss Events start becoming a weekly thing, its totally unfair on anyone that happens to be outside of the US time zone. I'm certainly not going to be late to work on a morning just to get a clear in on a silly mobile game. 
    Other than possibly sleeping through the final short refresh, does the US actually get that much of an advantage?

You say you're in the UK, so you'd be at UTC+0.  The west coast of the US is at UTC-8, so they'd also have refreshes occurring at 1am and 9am local time.  I get the same at UTC+8.

I can understand not liking the 8 hour schedule (it was a pain when it applied to regular story events), but I think you overestimate the benefit of being in the US.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

In case there's a question, Boss events have their own boosted list (even though they are listed as "Weekly" here) and the weekly boost list shown in the Preview thread will apply to PVP events that run at the same time.  I assume the term "Weekly" is used because it is something internal to the game that tells it which characters to boost for which event.  This also suggests that different "Weekly" boost lists could be used for different PVEs during a week if the developers had a mind to do that, by just changing it from one to the next.
    I think it's also because the "weekly" boost isn't as much as the "featured" boost.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    When is this gonna start?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    When is this gonna start?
    12 noon EST on Thursday.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Great, midnight here lol
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to go for Team IM.  He gives us bonus rewards.  What does Cap give us?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Is there a "better" side to start on, based on rewards? I'm leaning towards Cap as I have Kate champed and I don't want any more Gwenpool covers for a while :lol:
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    If Boss Events are going to be added to normal rotation, you need to work out a way where we aren't locked into clearing every 8 hours. As someone from the UK, I have to find time to do a clear between 1am and 9am. On a work day, this is incredibly hard to do. 

I hope this means the event gets extended to four Days so the end comes at noon EST instead of midnight EST. That last Little four hour refresh happens to fall between 2AM and 6AM in my timezone, so I usually end up sleeping through it.
    This whole 8 hour thing has to change if this is to become a regular thing. I make exceptions for the Boss Events up to now, because they ran so rarely. If Boss Events start becoming a weekly thing, its totally unfair on anyone that happens to be outside of the US time zone. I'm certainly not going to be late to work on a morning just to get a clear in on a silly mobile game. 
    Other than possibly sleeping through the final short refresh, does the US actually get that much of an advantage?

You say you're in the UK, so you'd be at UTC+0.  The west coast of the US is at UTC-8, so they'd also have refreshes occurring at 1am and 9am local time.  I get the same at UTC+8.

I can understand not liking the 8 hour schedule (it was a pain when it applied to regular story events), but I think you overestimate the benefit of being in the US.

It's mainly that last refresh (1am - 5am GMT or 2am - 6am CET) where you have no chance of playing. If it was 8 hours like every other refresh, then you could do a bunch of clears in the last hours of it before 9am GMT or 10am CET.

4 of us in the UK and 2 in Europe are able to clear all nodes in every refresh, apart from that last one, so our alliance misses out on quite a bit of points.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:

It's mainly that last refresh (1am - 5am GMT or 2am - 6am CET) where you have no chance of playing. If it was 8 hours like every other refresh, then you could do a bunch of clears in the last hours of it before 9am GMT or 10am CET.

4 of us in the UK and 2 in Europe are able to clear all nodes in every refresh, apart from that last one, so our alliance misses out on quite a bit of points.

You really want to avoid playing the last refresh anyway - side nodes will be at insane levels by then.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have an alliance that isn't super active, it was my experience that to get full personal progression on the last run of Galactus, I had to do a couple side nodes on that very last refresh
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    I wonder who gets picked as the next essential characters, the rewards from the Iron Man side, or the Cap side. 

EDIT: It looks like it will be either Dar3D3vil/C4ge or Senty/ME Hulk as the next essentials. Although Kate isn't technically being "skipped" since she is an individual progression reward for this event, unfortunately not everyone can score that high against Boss Iron Man in the later rounds. Individual progression in this event is necessarily a given like it is with regular PVE events. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to hit 706,000 for personal progression point. No alliance. For Team Cap, I do not have:

Kate Wilson, Steve Roger (First Avenger), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Sam Wilson (Captain America) , The Thing, The Punisher, Winter Soldier, Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon), Storm (Mohawk)

Any seasoned players able to work out the probabilities of my hitting  706,000 for personal progression. I'm a solo player or single player team.
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Must say, nice event. You get so much, at least 4 4*covers and 2 legendary tokens if u reach max progression on just one side. Thks D3 for the event. Honestly, don't understand why is so many people complaining about, when this is so much better than a regular pve event. Surely the iso u get is less than a regular event by not for much and besides all the covers u can win at least for me, make up for the iso loss and happy not to be fighting 2 bullseye again on every node. Thks again D3
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    why is full progress on each side it is 1.2 million, while if there is another alliance event it's only 900k?