Interesting combo/scenario that are hard to pull off

wingX
wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
With so many characters in MPQ now, there sure are many different combo utilized by characters in a 3-characters team. Some really interesting and some really powerful. However, I was thiningk about those combo/scenario that sound good theoretically, are really interesting/funny but are hard to pull off but will be really satisfying if you manage to do it. (one will probably be with 5* Dr Ock's green). Below are some of those combos/scenario that I can think of so far.

5* Dr Ock green + Agent Coulson's purple (both active and passive) + (CapFal's blue or Hood's black):
All 3 characters beside Dr Ock have abilities to reduce countdown timer and use Coulson's purple to match away Dr Ock's green when timer is at '1'.

4* Deadpool's purple + 2*Mag Blue (5 covers) + 4*Carol's yellow active:
Use Carol yellow to lower Mag's blue timer to 0 to destroy all tiles on board including Deadpool's countdowns
After thinking through, this may not be that hard to pull off but still is a fun combo though.

Mockingbird's yellow + Colossus's Black + Vulture's black:
A match-4 cause Mockingbird's yellow to activate and at random, choose Colossus's Fastball Special which in turn choose Vulture to be thrown airborne, causing Vulture to gain APs (and activate Vulture's blue if he has 10AP), then when Vulture lands, Fastball activate Vulture's black active, causing Vulture to go airborne again and do his things (including blue active again if he still has 10AP). Basically you can gain lots of APs and do damage just by enemy making a match-4 with you having enough AP.
(I not sure if we can select which character is being thrown airborne using Fastball when activate by Mockingbird's yellow or another Fastball team-up.

Hulk (Main Event)'s Purple + American Cherv's green  (can also replace one of them with 1*Spiderman with his purple) + 2*Bulleye's Black:
Critical tiles madness, but I not sure whether with Hulk (Main Event)'s Purple + American Cherv's green, will there be enough critical tiles on the board left to activate the massive damage by bulleye's black. (4 or 3 critical on board depends on the covers) .

Comments

• DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Those are actually some pretty hilarious combos. Nice!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I love gimmicks! I had a whole thread going about the following:

5* Dr. Octopus/4ocket/ 5* Banner = chase green, transform into Hulkform. Chase blue, get some Octopus tentacles on the board. Drop 4ocket's green, ideally find a way to get Octopus stunned. Then watch as the team proceeds to take a maximum of 6 turns before you have to actually make a match.

It would probably be easier to do if you swap out 4ocket or Banner for a battery like IM40 or Vulture so Ock can get as many tentacles out as possible. Or maybe Main Event Hulk's auto-match and yellow random AP generation powers can help to accelerate instead of 5* banner? I just have a single green on Ock myself, and other people in my alliance that have his blue are missing the other ingredients so it's not been posssible for me to attempt it myself.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    More of a scenario than a gimmick, because this strategy can and does work, but it can be hard to pull off on a bad board because it needs at least three colors.

Patch - 4Electra - MaxPun

Basically, get strikes out with Patch's green, steal the enemy strikes and buff them with Electra's purple. Reserve the highest-health enemy for Pun's black and get everyone else with your insane match damage. If you can get Electra's red out too this team will annihilate everything and anything, but it can take too long to set that all up - leaving you vulnerable.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    U got me at Deadpool & Magneto :D 
    would like to try that.

some things I do are
    4-3-2
    Gamora-Spidey-Bullseye to cover the purple tiles quick and insta kill if no more purple pops up

4-3-4
    Thor gladiator and falcon can make multiple deadly strike tiles fast. Now In addition to King Panther. Since I don’t have him yet, using Hawkeye to get falcon’s purple faster.

Dr Oct-Patch Wolverine-Hawkeye
    create enemy tiles and then Oct will blue them. :)
  • wingX
    edited February 2018
    Vold said:

some things I do are
    4-3-2
    Gamora-Spidey-Bullseye to cover the purple tiles quick and insta kill if no more purple pops up

I did tried this team once or twice during the Balance of Power PVP and manage to pull it off once.

Another one where I used during 4*Gamora PVP is using her with Loki and 3*Wolverine, where I used Wolverine's green then use Loki's black and hope no purple drop down for for install kill.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Try using Kamala Khan in that 3* slot to just remove standard purple tiles
  • Vold
    Try using Kamala Khan in that 3* slot to just remove standard purple tiles

I use Bullseye's Green to do that too, pop em purples. :D 

More ** Bullseye fun:

Hulk, Americaz & spidey are bit too random that can match by accident.
    so i use Grey Widow, she can make critical with more precision then add in Bullseye’s and manage to take out 

3-5-5
    Thanos-Phoenix-Gladiator Thor

:)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I had fun running Back in Black Spider-man, 5* Black Widow and Iron Man 40.

Use Recharge.

The countdowns resolve, Iron Man stuns himself.

Since Iron Man is stunned, Black Widow will stun a random enemy.

Since an enemy is stunned, Spider-man becomes invisible... and he also happens to have a lot of blue AP that he can do extra damage with.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been running 3storm with 4Gamora and Cloak and Dagger against Iron Man in Civil War, in the upper rounds. Cloak & Dagger fill up Storm's black, she fills all the purple tiles, and then Gamora just lops off Iron Man's head.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bl4de, Nightcrawler, 3* Cyclops. Get enough purple to Bamf at least a couple of times. Fire Cyke's yellow first. Profit.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played around with 4* Iron Fist, Vulture and Professor X. Super fun but tons of overlap.

IF and Vulture have super cheap abilities (Blue and Black respectively). Each time they fire a power X makes special tiles. After a power or two is fired and IF uses Blue, he fortified the strikes (X makes them for free) and generates Green which can be used by him to generate Black (as well as deal some nice damage) which sends Vulture airborne to generate more Blue and Green for IF. Believe me after a few turns the board will be saturated with special tiles (With plenty of fortified strikes) and huge damage inflicted.

And this isn't even taking an invisible X in mind. AI will probably play it terribly, but man this is a fun team.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    During the last refresh of Civil War, I was playing the Bucky wave node. I cleared the first wave, and Rags was part of the team that rotated in. The AI had something like 11 green AP gathered from the first wave, but I was set up for a red match-4. I took my chances and fired Moving Target. Thankfully, the CD appeared on the red tile I needed to rotate in to create the column clear. Oh, and Daredevil's Hand-to-Hand CD was part of the column clear, which for some reason behaves as if the AI is doing the match, because it deals damage and creates a new CD, rather than just generating AP for me. So between Moving Target and DD's CD, I basically one-shotted a full-health Rags, which at that point was up over 40K health.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for all the fun tips!
  • Vold
    edited February 2018
    DarthDeVo said:
    Daredevil's Hand-to-Hand CD was part of the column clear, which for some reason behaves as if the AI is doing the match, because it deals damage and creates a new CD, rather than just generating AP for me. So between Moving Target and DD's CD, I basically one-shotted a full-health Rags, which at that point was up over 40K health.
    The green HtH is part of the red column?
    or was there another coloumn?

or is the 4x match shooting at the green HtH tile?
    If the last one then yes that will activate.

ways to activate Daredevil's HtH CD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2icYIwmcFwQ
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vold said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Daredevil's Hand-to-Hand CD was part of the column clear, which for some reason behaves as if the AI is doing the match, because it deals damage and creates a new CD, rather than just generating AP for me. So between Moving Target and DD's CD, I basically one-shotted a full-health Rags, which at that point was up over 40K health.
    The green HtH is part of the red column?
    or was there another coloumn?

or is the 4x match shooting at the green HtH tile?
    If the last one then yes that will activate.

ways to activate Daredevil's HtH CD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2icYIwmcFwQ
    Yes, the last one. The match-4 was towards the top of the column, Daredevil's CD towards the bottom. I'm guessing because it falls under the "matched or otherwise destroyed" umbrella of the power description. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    3* Daredevil's red used to behave that way, as did X-23's purple, but then traps got changed.
  • Vold
    3* Daredevil's red used to behave that way, as did X-23's purple, but then traps got changed.
    Ya, we used to be able to shoot at 3* Daredevile's red.

The video I made was back when it is possible. :)
    that was a nice method to use. makes it fair due to the random placement.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    wingX said:

5* Dr Ock green + Agent Coulson's purple (both active and passive) + (CapFal's blue or Hood's black):
    All 3 characters beside Dr Ock have abilities to reduce countdown timer and use Coulson's purple to match away Dr Ock's green when timer is at '1'.

Have you managed to do this? Because I've once gotten to match 5*Ock's CD tile when it was at one and nothing happened. I began to think that it was supposed to win only when matched by the opponent but I'm not sure.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    wingX said:

Have you managed to do this? Because I've once gotten to match 5*Ock's CD tile when it was at one and nothing happened. I began to think that it was supposed to win only when matched by the opponent but I'm not sure.
    No, you should be able to match it yourself, but you need the countdown to be at Stage 3 for it to work. I've had best luck doing it using 3* Grey Suit Widow to generate green with a high degree of accuracy. It helps if Ock puts his CD on green using her; some other tile mover that isn't doing it on purple is ideal, like Quicksilver.
  • wingX
    edited March 2018
    wingX said:

I never try any of the above except for the "4* Deadpool's purple + 2*Mag Blue (5 covers) + 4*Carol's yellow active" in the Big Enchilada but by the time I pull it off, the enemy already left 1000 hp.

Anyway I think of a new combo as below:
    Drax's purple (both active and passive)+ 4*Carol's yellow passive + Sentry's green (maybe + his yellow)

1. Get 2 Strike tiles out (preferably with Sentry's strike),
    2. use Sentry's green,
    3. then use Drax's purple for third strike tiles,
    4. then wait till Sentry's green expired and watch as each countdown, when expired, boost the 3 strikes and Drax's passive deal additional damage (I not sure will Drax's passive activate 1st of Carol's passive), for each countdown expired, each strike will get boosted which increase the damage of each Sentry's green and Drax's passive and so on, creating a positive feedback of strike tiles boosting and damages from 2 sources.