PVE Timing

Options
I know what is optimal for PVE scoring, but when I work during the day, I really struggle with which slice to join and when to hit my nodes that I can predict. I usually work 8-6pm. I've tried joining slice 3 (5pm my time), but I found myself missing the final grind if I got busy at work and couldn't play. I've tried joining slice 4 (11pm my time), but I usually go to bed around 9pm so I end up having to do my final grinds early and not starting my next sub until the next day later in the morning. My question is, would it be better to do the 5pm slice, be able to do my initial clears right away, and just final grind 5-6 hours early to make sure I get them in or to continue to not do my initial clears until the next day and only grind 1-2 hours early...

I feel like getting my initial clears in earlier would be better at the 5pm slice, but I just don't know. Thanks for any advice you can give. 

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think it matters if you start late or do your end grind early, what is important is how long time the nodes are unplayed. Go with the option that lets the timers tick down as much as possible.
    Would it be an option for you to join an earlier slice that ends in the morning or around lunch time?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got similar hours, I play slice 1 non-optimally.  I do final clears in the morning and can start regen on the essentials + trivials before I need to head out the door.