Ghost Rider - worth chasing?

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
With Gambit going to classics, I've now missed the boat on PvP for the indeterminate future.

In the immediate future, I'm going to want to roster Ghost Rider 5*.  Not having that essential would mean I lose the option at that 3 extra CP/day during his rotations for the next 3-4 months.  The question is, should I try for more?  The early opinions I read seemed to think he was going to be pretty good.  Not meta-changing good, but solid.  If I were to keep pulling to try to cover him, I would most likely cover Archangel in the process.  Thor is looking more and more like a lost cause.

My rough plan is to pull latest until I get one GR cover, and then hoard until the Gambit meta changes.  Since a champed Archangel is likely to have a negative impact, if anything, on my PvP experience, I'm inclined to sit on resources rather than try.  It could be a long time before it becomes worth pulling, though, and it might be best to save those resources for whenever Gambit becomes available in HfH or a special store (assuming continued dominance).

What do you think?  Should I keep at it and try to cover GR?  Switch to classic pulls and hope for some gambit BH luck?  Hold resources until a new killer triad surfaces?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's too early to tell until more people have him and get comfortable with him.  On paper he's not wowing me, but other characters have looked meh on paper and turned out to be great.  I'm waiting for the jury to find a verdict before I decide if he's worth chasing.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not like you have to decide right now. Ghostie will be waiting for you for however long it takes to release three more 5-stars.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you won't have enough for Thor wait at least until aa leaves. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Copps said:

Agreed. Thor is solid, Archangel... seems less than impressive. You see Thor all over PvP, but very rarely any Archangels.

As for Ghost Rider, it is unfortunate he has countdown based Powers in a meta where Gambit exists. If they nerf Gambit again, Ghost Rider may become a bit more viable. He doesn't look bad, just a bit clunky and very vulnerable to Gambit...

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Copps said:

Agreed. Thor is solid, Archangel... seems less than impressive. You see Thor all over PvP, but very rarely any Archangels.

As for Ghost Rider, it is unfortunate he has countdown based Powers in a meta where Gambit exists. If they nerf Gambit again, Ghost Rider may become a bit more viable. He doesn't look bad, just a bit clunky and very vulnerable to Gambit...

That makes the most sense, until something changes.  I wish I could pull as many Thor as I have AA in the last month, but I highly doubt RNG will favor me in that way.

Time to start the hoard.