Big Enchilada in 1 match

lpearl
lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
I’ve been lucky enough to complete the Big Enchilada with a single move/match a couple of times. It involves 5Thanos and a lot of 5gem cascades. How many others have done it?

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I did it once. 454 Gambit, 451 Starlord, 293 Grocket. 
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I don't see how this is possible...unless you mean you won without the AI getting a turn. I've done that once or twice, but even with Thanos I don't see how you can win in a single move. The waves don't drop in mid-cascade, you have to wait for the board to settle before the last of the enemies are available to attack. Isn't knocking out 4 out of the 6 the best you can do with a single move?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor

I use 5* DD, 3* Thanos and whoever was the 3* essential from the node before.

Usually if I get a big enough cascade to take out two characters, Thanos will do the rest.

• lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Hi Tanis,
    It’s a single match, 1 move.The original match and a cascade can kill 1, Thanos kills 2 more, new characters show up, the new 5gem match (by cascade, still original move) kills another and Thanos finishes off the others. It’s something like that. I wish I had recorded it.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 said:
    I don't see how this is possible...unless you mean you won without the AI getting a turn. I've done that once or twice, but even with Thanos I don't see how you can win in a single move. The waves don't drop in mid-cascade, you have to wait for the board to settle before the last of the enemies are available to attack. Isn't knocking out 4 out of the 6 the best you can do with a single move?
    Sounds like you are thinking about the 1*/2* wave node, with is two waves of 4 enemies.
    The Big Enchilada is the node with 6 enemies all in a single wave, after beating the required character node.

All you would need would be to open with a match five, and cascade enough to down the first enemy, then Thanos can take down 3 at once with court death. Then you have to kick off a second cascade strong enough to down one of the remaining opponents and let court death take out the other. If you have a big enough cascade to take down the first 3 before court death goes off, it would only take a single move.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos can do it if the first move triggers a cascade big enough to kill 2 characters. Because it triggers 2 court deaths and the second one of those will kill the last 2 that pop up.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've done Dat Required Character in one round many times (which I think is the node the OP means) with 5* DD + 5* Thanos.  TBE is hard to in 1 turn with a wave.  I've done it in 3 though with 5* DD + 5* Thanos + 5* BP.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Huh...then no, no I've never pulled that off :D:D
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had one of these just today, except that with my first move being a match 5, that killed the first character, bringing in Jean Grey, who despite not actually being there for the move itself, still managed to stun my team. So instead of being able to court death, I just killed JG and someone else that popped in with the 2 matches that the crit made and had to wait for my next turn to finish it off. 

And also just to clarify a tiny bit, unless other passives get in the way, typically you will resolve your whole cascade before courting death, so you would just need a big enough cascade to down whoever you target first, plus the first "hero" that jumps in and then thanos does his court death twice in a row to down the rest.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I didn't know you could trigger Court Death twice in a single turn. Probably because I rarely (if ever) down two enemies in a single cascade. 
    Does that also work if you use an ability with AOE? For example, we have a boss event coming up, and they like to put in wave nodes that have a bunch of goons followed by a single high powered tile mover.  If I take out the last 3 goons with a single attack, would Thanos then hit the incoming enemy wit 3x Court Death?
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    One of the things which keeps DDQ fresh is adding in Stupid MPQ Tricks to your daily play. I try to see if I can cover all sixty four squares in a particular special tile. Strikes and protects were easier. Attacks were more difficult.

Once Main Event Hulk has entered I've been trying with no success yet for turn 0 Big Enchilada win.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't know you could trigger Court Death twice in a single turn. Probably because I rarely (if ever) down two enemies in a single cascade. 
    Does that also work if you use an ability with AOE? For example, we have a boss event coming up, and they like to put in wave nodes that have a bunch of goons followed by a single high powered tile mover.  If I take out the last 3 goons with a single attack, would Thanos then hit the incoming enemy wit 3x Court Death?
    It's definitely possible to trigger Court Death twice with one move, but I believe the KOs need to happen at different points in a cascade. If you kill two enemies with one move, you will only trigger one Court Death. Both Court Deaths will trigger at the end of the cascade though.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have done it with two level one characters and a high health loaner if I catch some PVP seeds.  The two Court Deaths will take them out.
  • Tiggida
    Tiggida Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    I've done it a bunch of times with Thanos and 4* R&G. If you can down 2 of the first 3 enemies with a match damage cascade, court death fires twice. Not sure if anyone has already mentioned that.

Edit: of course it's been mentioned already lol. 
  • BlackWidow70
    BlackWidow70 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    lpearl said:
    I’ve been lucky enough to complete the Big Enchilada with a single move/match a couple of times. It involves 5Thanos and a lot of 5gem cascades. How many others have done it?
    I seem to do it a couple of times a month.  5* Star Lord, 4* R&G, 3* Thanos