MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,240 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for giving the early heads up on an alliance event!  I am excited to play Civil War again and look forward to reward details.  I hope that we can find out the next 5E soon, too.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Quebbster said:

Boss battle eh? I hope it's not a new fivestar release, it's way too soon.

It would be pretty cool if the Team Iron Man side gave 4* Black Panther covers as progression rewards though. It would be thematic, they can use the Team Cap cover as the fourstar essential in the next event (unless they go back to Kate Bishop), and it would give us a chance to cover Black Panther a bit more for Shuri's release next weekend...

@Brigby stated on Discord that it's not a 5* release.

If I had to guess they wanted to have a boss event be the movie tie in (which is their pattern) but didn't want to add a 5* outside the normal release cycle (or add another 5* BP).  Instead they picked Civil War because he was significant in that movie and it's his only other MCU feature.  I suspect that 1 store (or even both?) will feature 5* BP with 2 other 5*s.  At least that's what my 5/4/2 5* BP is hoping for...

I also could see 3* BP from progression.  Maybe even 4* BP?  That would somewhat solve him being featured in a SHIELD Training before coming into packs, if they gave us 3-6 more chances at him before then.... We'll see.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

It would be pretty cool if the Team Iron Man side gave 4* Black Panther covers as progression rewards though. It would be thematic, they can use the Team Cap cover as the fourstar essential in the next event (unless they go back to Kate Bishop), and it would give us a chance to cover Black Panther a bit more for Shuri's release next weekend...

Y'know,  I've been thinking about this after noticing that P4nther is Team Iron Man, but wouldn't it make more sense for him to be Team Cap? It's pretty obvious this 4* version is based on the movie coming out, and you could pretty easily argue that T'Challa could be Team Cap by the end of Civil War.

Although he was never really firmly on any one team in that movie, just Team Not Bucky for most of it. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    WEBGAS said:
    Civil War on Feb 15th????
    I didn't see this coming, but I am happy about it because love alliance's events.

BTW I hope this is not a subdle way to negate Kate Bishop to be the progression rewards once again

Considering that Kate lost progression the last TWO boss events that her covers would be rewarded, it would only make sense that she is the 4* progression to grant her the 3 missed covers.. then again it could be Kraven because everyone loves Kraven!

@Brigby please tell us the good news!
  • broll
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:

Y'know,  I've been thinking about this after noticing that P4nther is Team Iron Man, but wouldn't it make more sense for him to be Team Cap? It's pretty obvious this 4* version is based on the movie coming out, and you could pretty easily argue that T'Challa could be Team Cap by the end of Civil War.

Although he was never really firmly on any one team in that movie, just Team Not Bucky for most of it. 
    He's Team Iron Man because during the Civil War movie he was.  He switched by the end, but that wasn't Civil War anymore at that point.  I think it makes sense as is.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:

He's Team Iron Man because during the Civil War movie he was.  He switched by the end, but that wasn't Civil War anymore at that point.  I think it makes sense as is.
    Yeah, I'm not mad about it or anything like that. Just thought it was quirky or maybe an oversight.

I haven't seen Black Panther yet, but from what I know (and the trailers for Infinity War), I wouldn't define T'Challa at this point as Team Iron Man still.

And really, it's not like he philosophically agreed with Tony in Civil War (although he may have; they never really addressed it). He just ended up on that side by default since he was out to get Bucky. 

As far as in-game mechanics go, I haven't checked the balance of how many characters each side has in awhile, but didn't Team Iron Man have more members than Team Cap? Maybe they've evened them out; I think they revised the affiliations around Christmas ahead of the 12 Days of Marvel. If not, it would have been nice to get another Team Cap character. 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    @Brigby no announcement with respect to the SHIELD Level 5 pack?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War - nice!!!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Very excited for Civil War. If you play your cards right, it's possible to clear 1 side fully and then almost clear the other as well from what I recall. Don't think clearing both to progression was possible. In either case, my roster is a LOT farther along than it was last time that this event ran, so I'm excited to see how I fare. 
  • broll
    madoctor said:
    Based on the last 3 releases there seems to be a good chance some new higher pack will be in the next patch in a little under 2 weeks.  There will be no advanced notice before it goes live and gives you 3 days to decide.  
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Civil War starts Thursday at Noon, we'll get the reward list Thursday at 11:59EST :(
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Arphaxad said:
    Civil War starts Thursday at Noon, we'll get the reward list Thursday at 11:59EST :(
    I plan on posting Civil War details today. Just working on compiling all the information at the moment.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish we could pick the progression reward covers or at least have a choice. So let's say that the main 4* reward is Peggy but you already have her champed so you could choose to get War Machine or Hulkbuster instead.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    I wish we could pick the progression reward covers or at least have a choice. So let's say that the main 4* reward is Peggy but you already have her champed so you could choose to get War Machine or Hulkbuster instead.
    You do have the choice: team cap or team im
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    madoctor said:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70426/r146-release-notes-2-12-18
    Oh ok I didn't realize it was posted there. Brigby's starting to sneak info past unattentive forumites ;-)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/14/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Is this the 3 day or 4 day variant of Meet Grocket?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I would think 4 since it starts Sunday.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dammit I wanted C4ge for the progression reward for Meet Rocket and Groot.