Ixalan Card Gallery (2/12/18) *Updated

Comments

• Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just spoke with the development team, and it would appear that this is how Treasures behave:

"Whenever you match this support’s gem, a random card in your hand gains 3 mana. Whenever an opponent matches this support gem, a random card in your hand gains 2 mana and a random card in your opponent’s hand gains 2 mana."

Treasures seem to be quite the Mana ramp tool, which should help offset the high Mana costs that some of these cards have.
    Why am I going to use treasures to help get an overcost card when I can use it to cast baral...lightning runner...Gaeas revenge or something actually playable. 
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I'm disappointed that only Vampires get to count reinforcements.  The 3 creature limit hurts a ton of cards, they could have given all the tribes that help and carried it forward across sets.  The Lightning-Rig Crew really wants to count all the reinforced pirates as well to be playable.  Also I hope they include some indication on creatures now that say how many times they've been reinforced.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or I could just play Boomship 
    Until that gets nerfed too
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    wereotter said:
    Any vehicle from Kaladesh or Aether Revolt is better.  I would use Sky Skiff before this.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    wereotter said:
    Any vehicle from Kaladesh or Aether Revolt is better.  I would use Sky Skiff before this.
    Again. Until they also get changed. They said point blank that old cards are going to be rebalanced. We ought to accept that this set is the flavor of how all old cards will change. 
  • Gotcha617
    wereotter said:
    Boomshift will now cost 75 to play. But you have crew 3...
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    This was raised before and I have to mention it again after looking over the cards: 
    1. After I remained hopeful after the preview cards, it turns out these cards really highly costed. Mostly overcosted, which is a bummer. Be ready for the onslaught of complaints about this!
    2. Isn't there anyone who would proof read these cards before releasing them? There is an embarrassing amount of spelling and grammar mistakes in here, my favorite being "Crew 2.n" on Fell Flagship. Ouch.

Look, there are some nice cards and I can't wait to get any new content for this game after months of almost nothing, but I'm slightly worried anyway.

Edit: Am I dumb, or are there no transformed versions of the double faced cards?
    Im still available for editing Brigby. I offer very competitive rates.
  • Gilesclone
    wereotter said:
    wereotter said:
    Again. Until they also get changed. They said point blank that old cards are going to be rebalanced. We ought to accept that this set is the flavor of how all old cards will change. 
    They said that old cards will be rebalanced.  They didn’t say ALL old cards will be nerfed.
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Zzyzzx said:
    Geez, will a 31 mana cost card actually fill and cast with Dark Ritual...because the animation "looks" like it only gives 30...also asking for a friend who may or may not have said masterpiece.
    If a tree falls and noone is around to hear it, does it make a sound? i.e. will anybody actually use this card
    but I have wondered that same thing lol.
  • Gotcha617
    wereotter said:
    wereotter said:
    They said that old cards will be rebalanced.  They didn’t say ALL old cards will be nerfed.
    Please do...I will cash out and quit. Apple will give me my money back. They are great like that.
  • Gilesclone
    If they nerf cards enough to make that piece of garbage playable, they better nerf PW health by 50% or so.
  • Gotcha617
    Omg have you seen these new masterpieces... most are worse than rares
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    The cost of new set is terrible.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby can we get clarifications on the cards whose pictures differ from the hover-text?  A lot of them make a huge difference, and it would be nice to know before the release day (also how about a release day announcement?)
  • EldrosKandar
    EldrosKandar Posts: 48 Just Dropped In

donvnny45 said:
    Umm... This card seems counter-productive: 

Admiral Beckett Brass

Deck: Ixalan
    Type: Creature
    Rarity: Mythic

While this creature is on the battlefield, other Pirates you control get +2/+2.When this creature deals damage, if you control 2 or more Pirates, gain control of the first creature your opponent controls.So its' only useful if the other guy has a pirate on the board, otherwise you negate one of the abilities that would justify the 26 mana cost.  SMH

She counts at a pirate herself, so you only need an additional pirate and you'll always have a slot free. Also, there is this support which makes all your creatures pirate.
    James13 said:
    I noticed a number of playable to good cards on my first pass.  Few in terms of creatures, though.  But there were a couple notables even there.

A lot of cards will simply be collectors items at this point, but there are others I'm interested in.

I want to see the flip side of the "land" flips.  Those seem to be missing from the gallery.

A number of typos and questionable/ambiguous language choices.  And some confusing effects.  Example: "Whenever a non-token pirate enters the battlefield, reduce it's cost by 2" : Huh?  You've already payed for it at that point...?

Overall, I'm still intrigued.  There are some cards I want to try.  Not quite as exciting as other previews, but I think there are a couple clear gems.
    I read it as: "when you play a pirate while this card is in your hand, reduce the cost to 2." Some kind of Crew 2 for pirates only.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Wow... Honestly, i was really excited about Ixalan coming, i've been saving crystals and was planning to buy some more to get as much of the Ixalan collection as I could.
    But  honestly, and this is my personal opinion, of all the cards i've seen, there is only like... less than 5% that i would be likely to use in my decks... For nearly all of them I have better and cheaper alternatives...
    I guess i will have to wait and see how it all ends up working, and i hope the next few months wont be a NerfFest on the older sets in order to make Ixalan a little bit more appealing.

I guess im gonna become more of a F2P player by the look of things :(
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby - potential bug (based on observation).  So far there was no cards with cost 30+. In Ixalan there are - dark ritual/lotus petal give +30 to first card even if text says that first card get full mana. How it will behave with new costs?