MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Archangel essential for Venom Bomb. So no last hurrah for Gambit I guess
    Called it. 

And Kate Bishop coming up in placement/progression? She's fully covered for me, but stuck at Level 78. Go figure. Well, looks like I'll have to revise my ISO allocation plan. Again. 
    You never know.  They might make Punisher the progression reward instead.
    Boy, that would be pretty crazy! Who could ever imagine something like that happening?

(/sarcasm, in case you were wondering. :tongue:)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we getting Weapon Tex-Mex again in PVP after new Panther? 

Just realized what is up with that. The next PvP will start on Valentine's Day - I bet they are rerunning the special Valentine's Day tournament! You know, the one where Deadpool was the matchmaker/required character.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Just realized what is up with that. The next PvP will start on Valentine's Day - I bet they are rerunning the special Valentine's Day tournament! You know, the one where Deadpool was the matchmaker/required character.
    I hope MMR is completely broken again there.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:

YES! That makes sense! And me with my damn spreadsheets!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited February 2018
    *(2/09/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added Marvel's article about Black Panther (King of Wakanda)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

So we meet again, 2* players. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

So we meet again, 2* players. 
    I'd settle for the last iteration, not being able to queue 5* rosters, and not being able to be seen by them.
    I'll go to 1200 again by hitting over matched 4* rosters for single digit points.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor

Venom Bomb node gave expired VB token instead of BP AND FRIEND VAULT token. Please fix this for next subs...

Not first time this is messed up for a combined vault. Please keep a closer eye on this, cause especially on vaults, it surely matters how many you can gather...

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:

Venom Bomb node gave expired VB token instead of BP AND FRIEND VAULT token. Please fix this for next subs...

Not first time this is messed up for a combined vault. Please keep a closer eye on this, cause especially on vaults, it surely matters how many you can gather...

I doubt they’ll fix if for the next subs. Best bet would be just gifting the correct tokens in addition to the wrong ones. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:

I doubt they’ll fix if for the next subs. Best bet would be just gifting the correct tokens in addition to the wrong ones. 
    Cant a guy be optimistic for a change? 

This was my support ticket.. pretty much the same as last time they ignored it.. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Wonder what caused them to stop giving out the first cover ability in PVP Progression. That was really helpful for establishing the full ability set of a new character, since the game previously only give it to you if you made T10 in the PVE release, or t5 in the PVP release. Guess I'm back to characters starting at 0/2/2 and hoping that RnG shows me some love. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:

Cant a guy be optimistic for a change? 

This was my support ticket.. pretty much the same as last time they ignored it.. 
    I was being realistic.  The devs aren't going to fix this on a weekend.  Even if it were a weekday I have never seen them fix a problem with a node (wrong rewards, wrong points, etc) mid event.  There are a number of realistic reasons why this might not happen:
    • I might not be possible to change mid even based on how events are coded.
    • It might be hard to set it correctly to ensure that everyone across 5 different time slices gets the fix the same way.
    As someone who works in IT, if I were in this situation, I would not try and fix it live, it's got potential to break things worse or make people angry if handled wrong a second time.  I would give compensation and fix it before the next run.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/12/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War - Team Cap (2/15/18) *New Update*
    More details to come!

Civil War - Team Iron Man (2/15/18) *New Update*
    More details to come!

Sweet.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Called it. 

And Kate Bishop coming up in placement/progression? She's fully covered for me, but stuck at Level 78. Go figure. Well, looks like I'll have to revise my ISO allocation plan. Again. 
    Boy, that would be pretty crazy! Who could ever imagine something like that happening?

So rather than being replaced by Punisher, it looks like she might be pre-empted by the boss event instead.  That's assuming she's just featured in the event and not actually one of the rewards.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Called it. 

So rather than being replaced by Punisher, it looks like she might be pre-empted by the boss event instead.  That's assuming she's just featured in the event and not actually one of the rewards.
    Wow, the last time she was preempted in progression by Punmax, they promised she would be rewarded in progression in a few months. Looks like she might be getting screwed over again, unless she's an actual reward like you suggest. Has that ever happened in an alliance event though?

And an alliance event. I gotta admit, I didn't see that one coming. Looks like Gho5t Rider won't be required so soon afterall like I thought he would be. 
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby why do the devs hate Kate Bishop so much?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Boss battle eh? I hope it's not a new fivestar release, it's way too soon.

It would be pretty cool if the Team Iron Man side gave 4* Black Panther covers as progression rewards though. It would be thematic, they can use the Team Cap cover as the fourstar essential in the next event (unless they go back to Kate Bishop), and it would give us a chance to cover Black Panther a bit more for Shuri's release next weekend...

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Civil War on Feb 15th????
    I didn't see this coming, but I am happy about it because love alliance's events.

BTW I hope this is not a subdle way to negate Kate Bishop to be the progression rewards once again