R146 Release Notes (2/12/18)

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    • Tiles cleared by a line clear, from matching 4 or more tiles, will not trigger passives that deal additional damage for matches. This impacts the following powers: 
      • America Chavez (Young Avengers) - Punch Everyone
      • Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog) - Loyal Protector
      • Rogue (Classic) - Power Siphon
      Some elaboration on this would be helpful.

For America, the power states that she gains a match damage boost for every additional ap in her colors. From what I understand, destroyed tiles deal damage based on the character's match damage for that particular tile color. So if you gain all ap from rows destroyed by match 4/5s, shouldn't that gained ap factor into the match damage for the destroyed tiles if it's one of her colors? Perhaps I have the whole match damage/destroyed tiles thing completely wrong, but if not, sounds like a nerf. 

For Lockjaw, this makes complete sense. His power dictates that it procs on enemy matches of friendly special tiles, so destroyed ap from match 4/5s shouldn't count. If it was working that way, then this is a nerf as well, but a fair one. 

Rogue again confuses me, but moreso because I don't understand her power well enough in this context to begin with. It says friendly matches will provide double the ap and triple the damage, so applying the same logic as Lockjaw's power, then tiles in the power's color that are destroyed by match 4/5's should produce double ap. If it wasn't already working this way, then that is definitely news to me. 
    • Brigby
      Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
      *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added details on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 Pack
    • broll
      broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
      @Brigby

I've gotta think this is really hurting you guys money making not spreading these packs out.  I would probably have no brainer bought this in a month or two, but eh... wallet is hurting after the last two...
    • 1EvilMan
      1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
      Thanks to the devs for the option to disable the enemies ap bar. I can love the game again.
    • broll
      broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
      I dig the new loading screen.
    • farlus
      farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
      Brigby said:
      • Tiles cleared by a line clear, from matching 4 or more tiles, will not trigger passives that deal additional damage for matches. This impacts the following powers: 
        • America Chavez (Young Avengers) - Punch Everyone
        • Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog) - Loyal Protector
        • Rogue (Classic) - Power Siphon
      Some elaboration on this would be helpful.

For America, the power states that she gains a match damage boost for every additional ap in her colors. From what I understand, destroyed tiles deal damage based on the character's match damage for that particular tile color. So if you gain all ap from rows destroyed by match 4/5s, shouldn't that gained ap factor into the match damage for the destroyed tiles if it's one of her colors? Perhaps I have the whole match damage/destroyed tiles thing completely wrong, but if not, sounds like a nerf. 

For Lockjaw, this makes complete sense. His power dictates that it procs on enemy matches of friendly special tiles, so destroyed ap from match 4/5s shouldn't count. If it was working that way, then this is a nerf as well, but a fair one. 

Rogue again confuses me, but moreso because I don't understand her power well enough in this context to begin with. It says friendly matches will provide double the ap and triple the damage, so applying the same logic as Lockjaw's power, then tiles in the power's color that are destroyed by match 4/5's should produce double ap. If it wasn't already working this way, then that is definitely news to me. 
      I think what this is saying is that tiles destroyed in the line that the match was made will not benefit from the passives increasing damage. It doesn't have anything to do with the AP. Below numbers assume level 5 in skill:

America - I don't have her champed, but it sounds like before this change, if you made a match 4 with America then the damage from not only the match 4, but all the damage dealt by the tiles being destroyed on the line would be increased by 30%. Since the power specifies match damage, and not damage in any particular colors, then after this change the match 4 damage should still be increased by 30%, but the other tiles in the row should deal normal damage when destroyed. This is a nerf.

Lockjaw - This one looks like it's also a nerf. If I'm correct, currently if you make a match 4 that includes a friendly special tile, Lockjaw will resist not only 100% of the damage from the match 4, but all of the damage from the destroyed tiles on the line. After the change, Lockjaw will resist 100% of the damage from the match 4, but still receive damage from the tile destruction.

Rogue - Once applied, enemy matches in the power's color would deal no damage, and neither would any of the tiles destroyed in the line during a match 4. After this change, the enemy matches still deal no damage, but the tiles in the line destroyed will. Again, this is a nerf.

• gmtosca
      gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
      I would have bought this bundles if this was a month from now but I'm strapped after the first two.
    • Moon Roach
      Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
      Brigby said:
      *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added details on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 Pack

@Brigby, 9 covers, 3 of each for 2 named characters...
    • xdogg
      xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
      edited February 2018
      Why is the update not on Google Play, it says Updated
      February 12, 2018 but its still R145, its been like that for a few hours now NVM, its finally there.
    • Spudgutter
      Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
      Brigby said:

The parentheses make it confusing.  

Take that part out and it makes sense.  

Brigby said:
          • 9 covers  of
            • Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
            • Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
      So unless i read it wrong, it means 18 covers total, 9 for each one, 3 of each color 
    • Brigby
      Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
      Brigby said:

The parentheses make it confusing.  

Take that part out and it makes sense.  

Brigby said:
      • 9 covers  of
        • Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
        • Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
      So unless i read it wrong, it means 18 covers total, 9 for each one, 3 of each color 
      That's correct. Players will receive 18 covers total.
    • ZeiramMR
      ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Thanks @Brigby ; that was a lot more clear on the match-4 changes and not what I would have expected for some of them.
    • maguirenumber6
      maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
      Just a quick heads up that this new SHIELD pack is more expensive for non-US players. For UK players like myself, £19.99 is nearly $28 for the same pack, whilst players paying €19.99 are paying nearly $25.
    • Nick441234
      Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
      £17.49 for me again. Too expensive meaning no purchase.  
    • Tenaciousdecaf
      Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
      broll said:
      I dig the new loading screen.

• BigSoftieFF
      BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
      edited February 2018
      Has anybody else had an issue purchasing the new pack, showing the charge on your card, and not receiving the items??
    • Pongie
      Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited February 2018
      Got the update and there are now side bars on the iPad mini. Please fix this

Edit: check my old screenshots and they all have it. Guess I never noticed this till now. 
    • Bowgentle
      Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
      Pongie said:
      Got the update and there are now side bars on the iPad mini. Please fix this
      They'll fix it right after they fix the side bars on the other devices we got a few patches ago.
    • Pongie
      Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards