1* champions

Options
I think it will be a good idea to introduce 1* champion.

Since the change of way to obtain shield points only by adding cover only, there's the problem of having to roster 1* heroes to cycle their powers to gain points. This cycling is really painful, championing with like 25 or 30 levels of champion would really make the cycling easier.
Tagged:

Comments

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think I understand the necessity of gaining SHIELD points.  Going up levels doesn't really seem to reward me with much of anything other than an occasional bonus batch of ISO.

With that in mind, I don't understand why you're bothering cycling 1* characters.  I only have a 1* Juggernaut to clear the first round of DDQ.  Are SHIELD points so important that I should spend roster slots on more 1*s?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think I understand the necessity of gaining SHIELD points.  Going up levels doesn't really seem to reward me with much of anything other than an occasional bonus batch of ISO.

With that in mind, I don't understand why you're bothering cycling 1* characters.  I only have a 1* Juggernaut to clear the first round of DDQ.  Are SHIELD points so important that I should spend roster slots on more 1*s?
    What CL are you at? You may not have much of an ISO shortage now, but once you're partway through champing the 4* tier, you absolutely can not get enough ISO to stay on top of all the covers coming in if you're halfway competitive.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can be sure the slowing down of gaining shield ranks was intentional, so I don't think they will make improvements to the process anytime soon.

I don't cycle my 1s, it's WAY too much hassle for ISO I don't need.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    What CL are you at? You may not have much of an ISO shortage now, but once you're partway through champing the 4* tier, you absolutely can not get enough ISO to stay on top of all the covers coming in if you're halfway competitive.
    "Do you want more money?  Sure, we all do..." but that doesn't mean I'm going to enroll in a for-profit "college" that advertises on late-night teevee.

Building and rebuilding a 1* Hawkeye that I'll never, ever use, again and again, sounds like more work than it's worth, and a poor investment of time and little gray cells.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    "Do you want more money?  Sure, we all do..." but that doesn't mean I'm going to enroll in a for-profit "college" that advertises on late-night teevee.

Building and rebuilding a 1* Hawkeye that I'll never, ever use, again and again, sounds like more work than it's worth, and a poor investment of time and little gray cells.
    Personally, I don't go that far myself either. I've got the three 3-cover 1*s on my roster and I just rearrange their build when I can. Otherwise, 1*s are sold for ISO.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think you gain more exp per cover for champed 2* and above. I used to train 1* cover to gain the extra 10 exp. Now I find it quite tedious and I just click sell all on my 1* covers.

Champing 1* means more slots needed to keep them. It would be another 7 slots for those in or out of 2* land. 
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

I have all the 3* championned, around 18 4* championned and a few more near to champion (i think i have 5 at 13 covers).

I need iso, i do a lot more than 1000 hp within 2 weeks, so roster slots are not a problem. I miss only 2 5* in my roster.

When you cycle 2* and you championned your 3*, hp is never a problem.