Ixalan Card Gallery (2/12/18) *Updated

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited February 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Update 2/12/18: The Elite Collection Gallery has now been updated with 10 new Elite Collection Cards.

These cards include Magus of the Moon, Knight of the Reliquary, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Spiritmonger, Swords to Plowshares, Electrolyze, Flusterstorm, Sanguine Bond, Curse of Predation, and Aether Vial.

Hi Everyone - 

The Card Gallery is now available to view for the upcoming Ixalan card set that goes live this week.  We also have new Elite Collection cards being added which I will include in the Elite Collection Gallery shortly (hopefully today or tomorrow).

View the Ixalan cards HERE.

Enjoy!

Update: Here are all the Support cards that transform:

Comments

• speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    This was raised before and I have to mention it again after looking over the cards: 
    1. After I remained hopeful after the preview cards, it turns out these cards really highly costed. Mostly overcosted, which is a bummer. Be ready for the onslaught of complaints about this!
    2. Isn't there anyone who would proof read these cards before releasing them? There is an embarrassing amount of spelling and grammar mistakes in here, my favorite being "Crew 2.n" on Fell Flagship. Ouch.

Look, there are some nice cards and I can't wait to get any new content for this game after months of almost nothing, but I'm slightly worried anyway.

Edit: Am I dumb, or are there no transformed versions of the double faced cards?
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are not dumb @speakupaskanswer... I have no idea what any of the supports do once transformed.

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    The only way these costs make sense would be if they changed Standard to only Ixalan and later.
  • Iworb
    Iworb Posts: 61 Match Maker
    1st card (Adanto Vanguard):
    Image says: 'Lose 3 life'.
    On-hover description says: 'Lose 1 life'.
    What that card actually do?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    They have completely abandoned the beginning player.  The commons and uncommons are just unplayable.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have more questions than answers now. 

@UweTellkampf what's wrong with a 31 mana 4/6 creature??? (Asking for a friend)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    31 mana for a mere 4/6.  What sorcery is this?  :o

Okay yeah it's got crew 4, but that amount of mana makes it the most expensive card in game
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Drop all costs by 20% and add 2 additional to all crew....your welcome for saving your game
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Cool stuff.  Fell flagship has a typo though.  Axis of Morality "player" needs to be "player's"

I'll add to this post if I see more.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    They have completely abandoned the beginning player.  The commons and uncommons are just unplayable.
    I disagree with this completely. There are actually a bunch of them that are good.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leigon's Landing looks AWESOME!! I need all the copies! (Yes all, none of you can have any)
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Geez, will a 31 mana cost card actually fill and cast with Dark Ritual...because the animation "looks" like it only gives 30...also asking for a friend who may or may not have said masterpiece.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly don't mind if the scale back on the power creep, but this set looks even weaker than Origins.  Plus they throw in perhaps the strongest spell from any set EVER.. **** River's Rebuke?

And why do they keep ruining all of the interesting looking creatures with Vigilance? Gishath, Vona, Djeru... etc

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    babar3355 said:

And why do they keep ruining all of the interesting looking creatures with Vigilance? Gishath, Vona, Djeru... etc
    I brought this up on the Q&A forum. Go give it a +1 to bump it higher up on their radar.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    babar3355 said:
    I honestly don't mind if the scale back on the power creep, but this set looks even weaker than Origins.  Plus they throw in perhaps the strongest spell from any set EVER.. tinykitty River's Rebuke?

There are a few rares that should be mythics -- River's Rebuke is the first that comes to mind. 

And for their cost, pretty much all of the mythics should be rare.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    My comment: please, please hire editor or run the card list against some wording check.
    Siren lookout - subtypes_siren pirate, 
    Firecannon blast - deals,
    Ixali keeper - get 5/5 (if I have decimator it become 5/5 or 17/17)?
    Kinjalli sunwing - in the battlefield 
    One with the wind - get 2/2

And so on. 

On the bright side :
    Thanks for dowsing Dagger - finally giving creatures to opponent to have chance for kill x or more creatures!

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Matthew said:
    babar3355 said:

I brought this up on the Q&A forum. Go give it a +1 to bump it higher up on their radar.
    Because the creatures on their paper counterparts actually have vigilance. There are definitely ways to turn that into an advantage. Cartouche of Solidarity comes to mind....