Marvel Insider February Activities and Rewards (2/8/18) *Updated

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
UPDATE (2/22/18): For the second run of Fight for Wakanda, you can earn 20,000 Insider Points for registering your player name with them and earning a total of 12,000+ points total in the 3-day event.  Info HERE.

Hi Everyone - 

Just wanted to share really quick that our friends at Marvel Insider just posted some new Marvel Puzzle Quest activities and rewards today.

https://marvel.com/insider

If you plan to participate in the Fight for Wakanda event and you are a Marvel Insider member, you can earn 15,000 Insider points for registering your player name with them and earning a total of 8000+ points total in the 3-day event.

There is also a new character reward to spend Insider Points on. 3-Star Thanos can be purchased with 100,000 Insider Points at Marvel Insider.

And finally, this one has been listed at Marvel Insider for a couple of months but 8500 Hero Points can be purchased with 300,000 Insider Points.

These offers are for a limited time and are sponsored by Marvel Insider. Please note the timeline on when rewards will be provided (it may take 3 - 4 weeks but hopefully much less) and if there are any issues with redemption, please reach out to Marvel Support at onlinesupport@marvel.com or find out more about Marvel Insider HERE in their FAQ.

Thanks and have a great day!
Tagged:

Comments

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see the option to register my player name for this event yet @LakeStone.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I look at the points cost and what is received and I'm still pretty convinced that other games offer more for insider points. Contest of Champions seems to be more fairly balanced, but I didn't ever play enough to get a good idea about that. Anyone play both and feel the MPQ value is less than the Contest of Champions value?
  • LakeStone
    waywreth said:
    I don't see the option to register my player name for this event yet @LakeStone.
    Let me follow-up with Marvel and I'll let you know once they have it posted.  Thanks for the heads up!
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    up now @waywreth and @LakeStone

• LakeStone
    up now @waywreth and @LakeStone

Awesome, thanks for the heads up @therightwaye!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Insider, sweepstakes, new 4*, repeat.
    Announcement section is becoming quite boring.
    Am i the only one who is waiting for something new (and i dont mean new character, 4* or other)?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    I look at the points cost and what is received and I'm still pretty convinced that other games offer more for insider points. Contest of Champions seems to be more fairly balanced, but I didn't ever play enough to get a good idea about that. Anyone play both and feel the MPQ value is less than the Contest of Champions value?
    I was thinking this same thing.  I have played both and prefer MPQ, but you can get a lot more Marvel Insider points from CoC, and more frequently. Plus the rewards for purchase offer better value with CoC than the ones for MPQ.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    I play both and I think the Contest of Champions rewards are a much better value than those for MPQ. I started playing CoC two months ago, originally just to get the Insider points so I could get the 8500 HP for MPQ. But now I use all my points for the CoC rewards (I'm also playing a lot more CoC than MPQ right now - that's partly because I'm still a newbie in CoC and it's still new to me but MPQ has also gotten a bit stale for me).

You can earn 90,000 insider points from CoC every month and they're pretty easy to get even for a newbie (I got them the first month I played). CoC also has two new rewards every month for 30,000 and 125,000 point and I find them more valuable than the corresponding MPQ awards. Part of the reason is because I am much more of a veteran at MPQ. I have 41 champed 4*s and my Thanos is level 166 so a 3* Thanos is useless to me. I'm also sitting on 14,000 HP so 8,500 HP isn't of much use either. A few months ago, 8,500 HP would have been a decent reward - though 3* Thanos still would have been of minimal value. 

If I were at a similar level in CoC to what I am in MPQ, I still think the CoC rewards would be of more value. The 2* character you get is (I believe) exclusive to Marvel Insider, so even if you rarely, if ever, use the character, it's still nice to have for collectors. The 3* character bundle is for one of the two new characters released that month, so it's also valuable (plus in CoC, duplicate 3*s give you "shards" for 4*s). Plus, the additional CoC rewards you get on top of the characters are valuable at any level, though not enormously so. (one difference to note is that in CoC, they pretty much always release a 3*, 4*, and 5* version of a given character at the same time and they have basically the same abilities - though the higher tier characters, of course, do more damage/heal more etc.)

• mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I saved up 300k insider points. Redeemed them for the 8500 hp. Definitely taking a while. That was on the 15th of January. Hopefully soon
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only just redeemed mine for the HP yesterday

Started playing CoC to help that last bit of Insider points but should have done so earlier because those points only started showing up today. *shrugs*
  • Angelinlove92
    Angelinlove92 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Hi guys, last month i get my 8500 HP points, from the Marvel Insiders reward

someone knows if i can get that reward from a different Marvel Insiders account ?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_X said:
    I saved up 300k insider points. Redeemed them for the 8500 hp. Definitely taking a while. That was on the 15th of January. Hopefully soon
    I redeemed on the 30/01, guess I'm in for a longer wait
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    @ Brigby: How come the Wakanda event on marvel insider disappeared right after the MPQ event for it ended?
    I though you had to wait until the end of the event to redeem for the points. I missed out because I waited until slice 5 ended? I will also throw my hat in the corner of Contest of Champions give better rewards for the points.

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    tchipley said:
    @ Brigby: How come the Wakanda event on marvel insider disappeared right after the MPQ event for it ended?
    I though you had to wait until the end of the event to redeem for the points. I missed out because I waited until slice 5 ended? I will also throw my hat in the corner of Contest of Champions give better rewards for the points.

You don't have to wait until you complete an event to sign up to get the rewards. You can enter your username as soon as the event appears on Marvel Insider and as long as you complete it by the time the reward offer expires, you will get the points.

Also, when you enter your name for an event, it tells you that your rewards will be delivered "by" a certain date, but they will actually be delivered "on" that date and not earlier. At least that's how it has worked in MCOC so far (the Wakanda event was the first one I registered for MPQ). It also takes time for you points to be delivered. Last month, my MCOC points and rewards were delivered on the same day, but this month I got my points early (got them today instead of on the 18th when I think my rewards will be delivered).
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Why am I blind and can never find these MPQ activities on Marvel Insider?
    I've clicked on every tab ("Latest at Marvel", "Comics", "Games", etc.), and nothing MPQ related shows up.
    You'd think it would be under the Game category.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why am I blind and can never find these MPQ activities on Marvel Insider?
    I've clicked on every tab ("Latest at Marvel", "Comics", "Games", etc.), and nothing MPQ related shows up.
    You'd think it would be under the Game category.
    I think it's gone now.  I looked for it this morning too.  My guess is it was set to expire same time as the event did.
  • mr_X
    @Pongie Still waiting on the 300 insider point redemption. Redeemed on the 15th of January  so definitely sloww. 

Maybe they send a list out once a month or something. Vaguely remember someone saying that. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    @mr_X mine came through today. That was a nice surprise
  • mr_X
    Yes mine also @Pongie. Must send them out at once. Nice surpise also. Pity they only let you save for the hp once though.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Still waiting on my Insider points from round one of Fight for Wakanda.  Were those delivered to anyone else yet?

Somehow I think i get missed on these because I play on Steam and not on the mobile versions.  Can any devs confirm that the Steam version is a viable way to get these points?