Node points

Big10Inch
Big10Inch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
Hi
I'm trying to work out some detail on node points, I know the basics, but I've read conflicting info, so thought I'd ask.

For normal nodes, the first 4 clears keep max points (say 100), on the 4th hit the points drop by a 3rd, and would regenerate to 100 if time allowed. The 5th hit drops the max to 2/3 so 666. But does the 6th hit drop the max to 1/3 (333) or stay at 2/3 (again theoretically as we'd never have the time)? The D3GO info implies the max stays at 2/3, but forums seem to say the max drops again.

Same for wave nodes, except it's first 2 clears keep max, 3rd drops to 2/3 max. Does the 4th max drop?

And for Join Forces nodes, the guidance states 1st 100%, 2nd 2/3, 3rd 1/3, then I assume it stays there?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

The Points can drop all the way down to the minimum amount of Points, which can vary between 0 Points for easy nodes to 4 Points for the five star essential.

The concept of tapping, that has been discussed a lot on the forum, basically means you play one node early and then play it over and over and over and over... for the minimum amount of Points available, basically inching your way to an early lead. If you could get more than a handful of Points I would assume a lot more players would do it...

• Big10Inch
    Hi Quebbster, thanks, I know the points drop, and it's by a third of max each time, but I'm not sure if the max points stay at 2/3 the original, or drop to 1/3 like the Join Forces node?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Big10Inch said:
    Hi Quebbster, thanks, I know the points drop, and it's by a third of max each time, but I'm not sure if the max points stay at 2/3 the original, or drop to 1/3 like the Join Forces node?

Not sure what you're actually asking.

Normal nodes: Points for 7 hits.
    First 4 hits give full points, 5th, 6th hit reduced points, 7th hit drops the points to 0 or 1, 2, 3, 4 for the essentials.

Loaner nodes: Points for 3 hits.
    First hit full points, 2nd and 3rd hits reduced points, 0 after the 3rd hit.

• Big10Inch
    edited February 2018
    Yes, the points are reduced but I'm trying to work out how much they reduce by, and what the regeneration rate is.

Or to put it another way, I know the strategy of hit all the nodes 4 times, or twice for waves, and once for loaners. Then grind at the end. However I want to geek out and look at various strategies for the final grind - and to do that I need to know the points dropped per attack, and what they regenerate to.

Or to put it a 3rd way, if there was enough time, would the points return to max every time?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, given enough time, the points will regen all the way to the starting value. You can see it happen in 2 day subs, and even more dramatically in the couple of 7 day events* where the Loaner node is in the main tab and stays open for the whole event.

*I think Prodigal Sun and ISO-8 Brotherhood.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    @Big10Inch

Once the timers start, any clear will reduce the points available by 1/3 of the original total down to the minimum for that node. The point re-gen rate is 1/3 original total every 24 hours up to the original total.
    In your original example, if the node is worth 100 points, every clear after the first 3 will reduce the available value by 333 points, and points will re-gen at about 13.875 points an hour (333 / 24).
    Clear 4 reduces the available to 666, if you wait 12 hours, then clear 5 will be worth 833 and the value will drop to 500.
    The original total available never changes. If you can wait the full 24 hours after the 4th clear, the node will be back to full original value.
  • Big10Inch
    Thanks guys - totally different to how I originally thought!