DDQ Kung Fu Death Battle: Iron Fist vs Elektra!

2»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    209 5/3/2 Fist, I tried following everyone's advice on denying black, but it didn't seem to work at first. Elektra was wiping the floor with me, including getting off two DDC and a Shadow Step. Luckily there was a cascade the next turn wiping out all the trap tiles. At that point I had around 800 health and she 8000. While chasing black I got a ton of blue and green in the process, so I fired Chi Focus 3 or 4 times, then one Crowd Control followed by Like Unto Iron to end the match.

Token to the hoard.
    IMO blue should always be your focus unless you have teammates helping out.  Blue feeds green which feeds black.  Blue is the cheapest and builds match damage strength also.  His black power is good but way too expensive to get by match damage alone.
    Except in a one-on-one match like this, his green power won't generate any black AP: it will instead do extra damage.  If you want to fire his black power, you'll need to collect that AP the hard way.

As it happens, I did manage to collect enough black to take her down on my first try.  Elektra cast Ballet of Death, but I think the trap tile must have been matched fairly quickly since I didn't notice much AP drain.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    broll said:
    209 5/3/2 Fist, I tried following everyone's advice on denying black, but it didn't seem to work at first. Elektra was wiping the floor with me, including getting off two DDC and a Shadow Step. Luckily there was a cascade the next turn wiping out all the trap tiles. At that point I had around 800 health and she 8000. While chasing black I got a ton of blue and green in the process, so I fired Chi Focus 3 or 4 times, then one Crowd Control followed by Like Unto Iron to end the match.

Token to the hoard.
    IMO blue should always be your focus unless you have teammates helping out.  Blue feeds green which feeds black.  Blue is the cheapest and builds match damage strength also.  His black power is good but way too expensive to get by match damage alone.
    Except in a one-on-one match like this, his green power won't generate any black AP: it will instead do extra damage.  If you want to fire his black power, you'll need to collect that AP the hard way.
    Yeah, I actually usually reset him to 5/3/5 for boss fights or other single enemy matches, because I'm never going to get the AP generation from his green. I forgot to in this case, but it didn't matter.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ lvl 271 Iron Fist had no problem whatsoever - board was black starved until late on so didn't have to worry about her Shadow Step but also struggled to get Iron out. She did steal my strike tile but then matched it immediately and so crowd control finished her off with around 9K health to spare.

It seems to me that Elektra isn't quite up to the job on this one although I can see the logic of her black as a counter-measure to a pure damage dealing character like 4ist but she is just too weak.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

If you use green one-on-one, does it remove two Shadow Step traps?