MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmm... starting the Latest cycle with Thor instead of Gambit. I know there's no official pattern beyond three Latests, two Classics, but I have a sneaking suspicion were gonna see Thor, Archangel, Ghost Rider this run. Gotsta get the whales chasing Ghost Rider, afterall. 

There's still a possibility it could be Thor then Gambit, as he'll still technically be in Latest when the next event starts, but I'm not gonna hold my breath or bet money on it. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Hmmmm... starting the Latest cycle with Thor instead of Gambit. I know there's no official pattern beyond three Latests, two Classics, but I have a sneaking suspicion were gonna see Thor, Archangel, Ghost Rider this run. Gotsta get the whales chasing Ghost Rider, afterall. 

There's still a possibility it could be Thor then Gambit, as he'll still technically be in Latest when the next event starts, but I'm not gonna hold my breath or bet money on it. 
    I've been assuming this for a while and they've given me no reason to think otherwise.

However I really wish Gambit would have been first, then I could have time to champ my Thor before he's features.  As such I'm only gonna get him most of the way leveled before the end of the mystery event.  Hopefully it's enough that SCL9 isn't unbearable...
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Both Spiderman and Daredevil rotated out while the featured 5*. Neither time did the price go down from 500 to 250 CP upon the move.

Draw whatever conclusion you want from that.
  • broll
    Anyone have a list of which 5* classics haven't been required yet?  Still waiting on Thaons and Black Panther to get their time in the sun.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Anyone have a list of which 5* classics haven't been required yet?  Still waiting on Thaons and Black Panther to get their time in the sun.
    That's it. Just those two (assuming I haven't goofed up my notes). And then the characters that are Classic now but started as Latest (Doc Ock, Spidey, Daredevil, and soon Gambit).
  • DarthDeVo
    Kahmon said:
    Both Spiderman and Daredevil rotated out while the featured 5*. Neither time did the price go down from 500 to 250 CP upon the move.

Draw whatever conclusion you want from that.
    If (IF) they feature Gambit one last time, I expect the same treatment. That's not the part that irks me. 

My Gambit sits at 2/3/5. I'll be making one last ditch effort to get him covered this weekend, and will likely burn through all roughly 50 Latests pulls I'll have by that point. I'm sure lots of people will probably be trying to do the same, or add as many champ levels as they can.

But if they go Thor, Archangel, Ghost Rider (like I think they will), I'll likely have no pulls left to try and get Ghost Rider before he's essential. In fact, a lot of people may wind up in that boat. Of course, the answer to that is join a buy club to get that CP. No thanks. 

It's what happened with Archangel. I burned all my pulls trying to get champ levels for Daredevil, because I thought I would have at least five events to build up my CP and LL token reserves before AA would be required. Instead, he ended up being essential about two events after I shredded my mini-hoard, about a week after he entered Latest. 
  • broll
    JHawkInc said:
    broll said:
    That's it. Just those two (assuming I haven't goofed up my notes). And then the characters that are Classic now but started as Latest (Doc Ock, Spidey, Daredevil, and soon Gambit).
    I was having trouble thinking of any others.  Figures the two I have the most competitive they save for last... Well better late than never.

Hopefully they don't do the same order next cycle.  My BH needs every cover but the 1st and I would buy for 250 CP if I could.  He'll probably have a feeder before he get's around again if they follow the same order.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/07/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Story events
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Are we getting Weapon Tex-Mex again in PVP after new Panther? 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Archangel essential for Venom Bomb. So no last hurrah for Gambit I guess
    Unless they’re really, really nice and end this cycle with Gambit like they did last time. I have this heavy feeling they’ll be forcing Robbie in though.
  • DarthDeVo
    Called it. 

And Kate Bishop coming up in placement/progression? She's fully covered for me, but stuck at Level 78. Go figure. Well, looks like I'll have to revise my ISO allocation plan. Again. 
  • DarthDeVo
    zodiac339 said:
    Unless they’re really, really nice and end this cycle with Gambit like they did last time. I have this heavy feeling they’ll be forcing Robbie in though.
    Gambit will be out of Latests before Venom Bomb ends and the event after it begins next Thursday. Which means that it will likely feature Ghost Rider after he's been in tokens a whopping two or three days or so. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Are we getting Weapon Tex-Mex again in PVP after new Panther? 

My guess is not Tex-Mex again after only a couple of weeks.  Instead they'll announce X-Force as feeder for OML and run his PVP after Panther's.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Black Panther (King of Wakanda) (2/8/18)
    Required Characters: Black Panther (King of Wakanda), Kraven the Hunter, Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), Sam Wilson (Captain America)

-_-
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Wakanda Forever - Black Panther (King of Wakanda) (2/11/18) *New Update*
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Black Panther (King of Wakanda) - Red
    3-Star: Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) - Blue, Yellow
    2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW!) - Purple
    1-Star: Venom (Dark Avengers) - Black

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Wolverine (X-Force) - Yellow, Red

Just noticed this. According to my roster, X-Force Wolvie is green, black, yellow. How are we getting a red cover for him?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Progression Rewards:

Placement Rewards:

Just noticed this. According to my roster, X-Force Wolvie is green, black, yellow. How are we getting a red cover for him?
    Probably this Wolverine (right at the top)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Progression Rewards:

Placement Rewards:

Oldschool!!
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Black Panther (King of Wakanda) (2/8/18)
    Required Characters: Black Panther (King of Wakanda), Kraven the Hunter, Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), Sam Wilson (Captain America)

Ugggh. Two of the worst 4 stars.

Sam (Capt who? No seriously... him?)Wilson.   

That's so Kraven the (failed) Hunter

I am not pumping ISO into them.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Smart80 said:
    Brigby said:
    Progression Rewards:

Placement Rewards:

Oldschool!!
    Blast from the past....and by that I mean, I've changed it to say Black now 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Called it. 

And Kate Bishop coming up in placement/progression? She's fully covered for me, but stuck at Level 78. Go figure. Well, looks like I'll have to revise my ISO allocation plan. Again. 
    You never know.  They might make Punisher the progression reward instead.