DDQ Kung Fu Death Battle: Iron Fist vs Elektra!

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Fitting opponent thematically, and could be annoying if the battle drags out.

I got very lucky, got a black Heavy board and Elektra was more interested in red and Purple. One black Fist of Death was enough to one-shot her in short order.

Token yielded a Thor cover, which is the second one today. Considering he has been at a dozen covers for a long time, I am ecstatic. :)

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    170 3/5/4.  No boosts, just denied black, and matched green and blue. Danny's health was down half when he unleashed Like Unto Iron, and Elektra went down.

LT to hoard.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here lotsa black and blue, one strike out and next turn Like Onto Iron, and bam. Have not opened LT yet.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny how we all thought he was one of the worst 4s when he came out, only to realize how well he synergizes and scales with levels.

One of the easiest matchups 1:1.
    Collect green and black, one-shot Elektra.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Funny how we all thought he was one of the worst 4s when he came out, only to realize how well he synergizes and scales with levels.

One of the easiest matchups 1:1.
    Collect green and black, one-shot Elektra.
    Think some of that revolved around the negativity for the TV show.

Anyway, I haven't tried this yet but I love me some 4* Iron Fist, so this should be fun!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concur with this being one of the easiest.  
    I choose to go 5/5/3 with my L289 which proved fortunate as I had a black light board.
    Focused blue till I got to 12, the turn before firing blue she gave me free strike tiles.  
    Firing blue twice filled my green and that was all she wrote.

+1 LT to hoard.

I always thought IF was good despite the negativity upon his release.  It probably helped that I champed him early and had a lot fewer 4* champs then I did now so I actually used him a good deal.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4nny is one of my highest-leveled 4* at 300, so it was pretty easy for my 3/5/5. I fired blue once, green twice. She fired purple after I had fired blue, so that was the only hiccup. But the flipped strike was matched away after like two turns. She also fired red, but only got one or two turns before I finished her off. 

Got it first try, no boosts, finished with 13090 health. Token to the hoard for a last ditch effort at covering my 2/3/5 Gambit. Will probably crack the hoard Sunday night. That way if I draw any 14th covers (very likely, since MEHulk is stalking me) I'll have a few extra days of resource generation to avoid wasting as many covers as I can.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ Fist, first try, obviously, but damn, was the board ever red/purple heavy! There was no way to stop her from firing DDC twice, stealing my strikes twice, but darned if I know why she only once fired BOD. It seemed like the board was swimming in red, she should've probably gotten it off twice.

Token to hoard for now.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    271 3/5/5 Fist, set out only to deny black and avoid the agony of Shadow Step. Turned out to not be an issue as the board was loaded with green and got enough for two Crowd Controls to quickly end things.

Finally got out of the rut and got a 5* - my first Archangel cover (green)
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    209 5/3/2 Fist, I tried following everyone's advice on denying black, but it didn't seem to work at first. Elektra was wiping the floor with me, including getting off two DDC and a Shadow Step. Luckily there was a cascade the next turn wiping out all the trap tiles. At that point I had around 800 health and she 8000. While chasing black I got a ton of blue and green in the process, so I fired Chi Focus 3 or 4 times, then one Crowd Control followed by Like Unto Iron to end the match.

Token to the hoard.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    209 5/3/2 Fist, I tried following everyone's advice on denying black, but it didn't seem to work at first. Elektra was wiping the floor with me, including getting off two DDC and a Shadow Step. Luckily there was a cascade the next turn wiping out all the trap tiles. At that point I had around 800 health and she 8000. While chasing black I got a ton of blue and green in the process, so I fired Chi Focus 3 or 4 times, then one Crowd Control followed by Like Unto Iron to end the match.

Token to the hoard.
    IMO blue should always be your focus unless you have teammates helping out.  Blue feeds green which feeds black.  Blue is the cheapest and builds match damage strength also.  His black power is good but way too expensive to get by match damage alone.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a black heavy board, so I just chased black and effectively 1-shotted her also. I did get a blue off, but she stole it lol.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    2/2/2 with boosts got one more match away from winning on first try, but only halfway there on the second try. I'll get there, just need a lucky board. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Lvl277 makes him one of my highest level characters, and he's pretty self-sufficient, so this one was a piece of cake. Waited until she fired her purple before firing my blue, but it didn't really matter because next turn I got enough black for Like Unto Iron, and then it was all over.

Token getting saved for Ghost Rider.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5 lv. 277

Pretty straight forward fight. Just keep hitting. 2 things to keep in mind are 1) Your strike tiles can be stolen so don't worry about your blue, or wait until she uses 2x2 cross. 2) be sure to know when she uses shadowstep so you don't waste a big attack. Just do a few matches until it fades.

Token to the hoard.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Update: success on the 5th try with a lvl 127 2/2/2 hobo. Damage boosts to black, all, and critical(though that only happened in the first match). Tries 3 and 4 both got close denying black and red and saving up to launch a bunch of powers all at once. Ballet got me once and a lucky black cascade let shadow steps prevent victory another time. 5th try was 100 hp away from ballet death but was able to crowd control to hobo glory. 

Token got my my first red bl4de cover taking him to 1/4/3. 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    level 284 5/3/5 IF had no troubles.  Board started off with 3 possible black matches, So I matched one, she matched one, I matched the last one.  Got to 12 black AP quickly and punched her.  Then it was about wearing her down.  She twice threw out a double double cross, but like flipped, strengthened strike tiles would matter at that point.  I finished with 12074 health. 

LT netted me a champ cover for my newly (finally) champed prof x bringing him up to 273.  I say finally because I got his first cover around my 3rd day playing and this is day 813, I champed him 4 days ago.  I never pulled his covers.  
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Got it first go with my 4/5/2 lvl 229 Danny - but boy, it was close. I had 222 health left and would have been toast next turn but was able to chain together a blue and black.

I really didnt pay Elektra any respect - didnt try and deny at all, didnt wait for double double cross before firing blue, and it nearly backfired

Token was a MEHulk purple, so he is 3/2/1 now
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Poor Elektra stood no chance against a champed 3/5/5 Danny. Board was black-starved but full of green which the AI didn't care for. 

Crowd Control FTW!

Token to the hoard.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Lvl 272 5/3/5 cleared with no problems. Didn't have to deny anything, just grabbed blues and blacks until I could knock her out.

LT gave me a blue War Machine which is extremely welcomed because he's been at 2/2/1 for at least 6 or 7 months now.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    270 3/5/5

Got it first try. Just gunned for Black while also matching Green. Elektra is mostly toothless without her Black. Eventually I fired Green followed by Black and she was dead. One of the easiest crashes I've ever played.

LT gave a Rogue cover to take her to 280  o:)