Explain your team!!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    spirtire said:
    A lot of players are using 4* to 5* heroes, I found this 3* team is usedul to fight against enemies’ special tiles (like 4* Gamora + 4* Rocket & Groot)

Wolverine Patch (5/x/x)
    Loki (5/x/x)
    Doctor Octopus ((5/5/3)
    I liked this team in 3-star land, but I typically put IM40 in for Loki to speed Patch up. Either configuration is nasty against symbiote nodes in PvE.

I still use Ock now that I am in 4-star land. He's an absolute menace with Medusa and Carnage.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    spirtire said:
    A lot of players are using 4* to 5* heroes, I found this 3* team is usedul to fight against enemies’ special tiles (like 4* Gamora + 4* Rocket & Groot)

Wolverine Patch (5/x/x)
    Loki (5/x/x)
    Doctor Octopus ((5/5/3)
    I liked this team in 3-star land, but I typically put IM40 in for Loki to speed Patch up. Either configuration is nasty against symbiote nodes in PvE.

I still use Ock now that I am in 4-star land. He's an absolute menace with Medusa and Carnage.
    It's funny how things change over time.  For a long time, Doc Oc was regarded as one of the lower tier 3* characters, but yeah, when I see Cardusa or anything with symbiotes I'm immediately looking for Doc Oc.  Boosted, even better!
  • Dormammu
    Yeah Ock is good at turning the tables against tile generators, which are becoming more and more common. I'll put him with Carol and Wasp against a Cardusa team - once you get a couple of Ock's attack tiles out and enough blue for Wasp to trigger Carol's buff, things end quickly.
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Please note that my Vulture is under leveled (2 black . . . sigh).  This also isn't the best team for dealing damage.  But it is interesting and worth exploring with someone boosted or at least all three champed.

4* Iron Fist 5/5/3
    4* Luke Cage 5/5/3 (or 5/3/5 if you don't think your opponent will fire a power)
    Vulture (5/x/x)

The idea here is that you have a loop that will keep Vulture airborne without matching black.  Vulture goes airborne, fueling Iron Fist's blue, which gives you green to fire IF's green, which gives you black to keep you airborne.  At a minimum you first IF's blue every other turn and his green not far behind that.  So, why c4ge?  If there are goons he gets you protect tiles.  IF is putting fortified tiles on the board to boost his damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please note that my Vulture is under leveled (2 black . . . sigh).  This also isn't the best team for dealing damage.  But it is interesting and worth exploring with someone boosted or at least all three champed.

4* Iron Fist 5/5/3
    4* Luke Cage 5/5/3 (or 5/3/5 if you don't think your opponent will fire a power)
    Vulture (5/x/x)

The idea here is that you have a loop that will keep Vulture airborne without matching black.  Vulture goes airborne, fueling Iron Fist's blue, which gives you green to fire IF's green, which gives you black to keep you airborne.  At a minimum you first IF's blue every other turn and his green not far behind that.  So, why c4ge?  If there are goons he gets you protect tiles.  IF is putting fortified tiles on the board to boost his damage.
    Having C4ge there also means that Danny's green ignores enemy Protect Tiles, and his yellow can just get ludicrous if the enemy last that long.
  • WalrusBrigade
    Another less than optimal idea is:

Quake 5/3/5
    Ragnarok 5/x/x
    Professor X 5/3/5

The goal here is to make Match-5's to trigger PX's passive and get more AP.  To accomplish this you are going to try flood the board with blue by using Rag's red (cheap, which also produces many special tiles by PX's yellow) and use that to fuel Quake's blue, eliminating non-optimal colors from the board.  On some level you can choose to eliminate the enemy's strongest color, but with the few times I've tried this the best option has been Black, Yellow, Pink based on what is most prevalent on the board.  

I've tooled around with this a bit in the Avengers PvP, and while it is a clear target to be attacked, it isn't that bad.  It can be slow to get going, making it vulnerable to the current Gamora/Rocket/Medusa meta that will just crush you in 4 turns with strike tiles.  But it does well against C4rol/Blade teams because you can starve the board of certain colors.  

The critical decision early on is whether to go for blue or red.  In general I'd say red, but the point is to get you to blue so you can eliminate other colors, so if there is a good blue match you should take it.  

I've also tried this with Coulson instead of PX and it was roughly the same, although I felt like I was keeping purple on the board too much which might have slowed it down.
  • Dormammu
    Another less than optimal idea is:

Quake 5/3/5
    Ragnarok 5/x/x
    Professor X 5/3/5
    I like any teams who try and get Prof X going, but I worry this team is too slow (which you alluded to). The main problem is that to reliably get to the point where you're cascading match-5's from blue is to have 24-30 AP in red for Rags to start spamming. That's a lot of red to get without an accelerator like IM40, Riri, or both.
  • WalrusBrigade
    My Mockingbird is not champed, but given that she is essential in the current PvE I figured I would try to come up with a team for her.  I'm sure there are better ones out there, and this doesn't feel that creative, but here is what I've got:

5* Hawkeye (2+/1+/X)
    Mockingbird (5/3/5)
    Coulson (5/5/3)

The goal here is to get Mockingbird's red to fire as often as possible, and with both countdown's in tact.  You collect some blue to start Hawkeye going, building more blue, but also red.  You get a second boost of both from Coulson's countdowns as well.  Bobbi should be good to go in the 3rd turn, and if you collect some TeamUp along the way those countdown will trigger within one turn.  Since Mockingbird isn't champed, I'm not doing tons of damage.  This doesn't feel like the most creative team because Hawkeye/Coulson are such a staple accelerator for red.  But given a low level Mockingbird, it is the best I've got so far.  

Any other good teams for her?
  • spirtire
    spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    We need teams rotation for various battles, here is another 3* recommendation and hope you like them. I tried them in level 300+ opponents in PvE and they work well. 

Storm Mohawk (5/*/*)
    Cyclops Uncanny X-Men (5/5/3 or 5/4/4)
    Loki Dark Reign (3/5/5 or 4/5/4)

They can be a durable team and easy to build up AP. (Durable = 3-4 battles continuously)

1. Get purple, yellow and green whatever you can depends on board.
    2. Cyclops yellow, quite cheap, for more red
    3. Loki purple, very cheap, to swap and match more AP, best use after ‘2’, red AP
    4. Storm green gain more AP
    5. Repeat the above and fire Cyclops’ Optic Blasts to finish your enemies
    6. When you have enough black, choose what you like form Loki, Storm or Cyclops depends on you enemies type,

Give it a try, good luck.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018

If you've ever come across this team in SHIELD Sim it was probably me.  I've never seen anyone else run this.  I tried to search the thread and didn't see it posted.  I used to use this all the time before Vulture came into my life... oh, Cyke or Blade has to be your highest level for this to be most efficient (for Cykes yellow)

All 4* versions

Blade

Cyclops

Miles

Red - Blade bites you or you one shot them with Cyke

Yellow - Cyke to get you red, or Miles to get you webs

Green - Blade AOE and self heal

Blue - Cyke hits you and gathers red

Black - eh, I guess you could use it for Blade's sunset animation

Purple - Miles makes webs, adds to your blue and red when matched, or Miles swings at you and hits you hard with weird web confetti

Team up - to feed Cykes yellow to get red

• Dormammu
    Someone pointed this team out (deleted user or I'd give credit) in another thread and I took it for a spin a few times in the SHIELD Sim to see how it played. It was quite effective on offense. I imagine it could be a bit annoying on defense too, not sure, but the presence of Vulture can often prompt a skip if nothing else.

Vulture 5/*/*
    Sandman 5/*/*
    4Gamora 5/3/5

Vulture's black is set to 5 here because we're putting him in battery mode and won't use his blue or green. Those colors are reserved for his teammate's stun abilities. Get 6AP in black and send Vulture airborne. Once you have enough green to use Sandman's Sand Blast and enough blue for Gamora's Incapacitate you can stun the entirety of the enemy team. Sand Blast will also give you 3500 AoE damage; not the greatest, but it's the stun that matters.

Try to keep Vulture airborne, so make a black match when needed, but otherwise prioritize green for Sandman, followed by blue and then red for Gamora. Keep the entire enemy team stunned as much as possible and let Sandman's Sand Blast chew away at everyone. If/when you get enough Red, have Gamora use it on whichever enemy has the most health.

After that, all you have to do is win.

I like this team for 3 reasons:
    Reason #1 - I like using Vulture
    Reason #2 - It's cool detaching Gamora from Grocket once in a while
    Reason #3 - I don't feel like I wasted 365k ISO on champing Sandman
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Dormammu - your next challenge, should you choose to accept, is to figure out what to do with Kraven. It'll be a while before I can champ him, but yeesh he does not look good...
  • Dormammu
    I don't even have a single cover for Kraven, yet. I was taking a 'burnout break' during his release events. From what I've heard he's pretty bad.

I just champed Nightcrawler though, and I'm waiting for someone to build a killer team that involves him.  :)
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    TDormammu said:

I just champed Nightcrawler though, and I'm waiting for someone to build a killer team that involves him.  :)
    Theoretically you could build a Bamfinite team with say Prof X and Vulture? Next Shield Sim I'll give that a whirl
  • lakanta
    lakanta Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Dormammu said:
    I don't even have a single cover for Kraven, yet. I was taking a 'burnout break' during his release events. From what I've heard he's pretty bad.

With Nightcrawler buffed recently, I looked to do one.

Nightcrawler

Scarlet Witch

American Chavez

This stops a little of the issues with particularly focusing on trying to get a specific colour with Nightcrawler as no matter what you get AC won't mind regardless.

If you do manage to set off the purple cascade, you inevitably get a couple of red's off as well.

All in all, a rather fun (if slightly unpredictable) team.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have enough Kraven covers to be thinking about it yet, but teams that create enemy tiles seem optimal. A sinister 3 of Vulture/Eddie Brock Venom/Kraven could be fun. Kraven's main utility seems to be on that passive. Vulture can accelerate his blue, or just use his blue to kill off the de-valued enemy shields Venom creates. I only have like 1 cover on venom right now, so it'll be a good long time before I can try this. Or substitute Carnage for Vulture and prioritize that tentacle thing Carnage does once there's a bunch of tile spam? My carnage is 1/4/0 as well, so i'm not sure lol.
  • bob554
    Finally found a Sandman team! warning it uses 5* Jean, so.....

5* Jean at 5/3/5
    Sandman at 5/5/3
    Mr F at 5/3/5

Jean: the resurrecting tank and Strike tile generator. Get red, use red, stand up front and take all the damage until the protect tiles come into play

Mr F: get black, use black, match Red Green Yellow in addition to Jean Strike Tiles to do huge damage. Use blue to stun troublesome opponents and to generate match-5s which in turn means Jean buffs your Strike and Protect tiles.

Sandman: generate lots of little protects which if matched away, heals your team thanks to Mr F. Create lots of yellow to be matched while Mr F's black is in play. Stun with green if you can't get those blue tiles

I guess you could swap Jean out for someone like X-23 or Rhulk, but the team above has active powers in all colours
  • Dormammu
    Since Civil War is currently running, it's the special-edition Boss Event Explain Your Team!

Storm (3-star) */*/5
    Gamora (4-star) 5/5/3
    Cloak & Dagger */5/*

I didn't invent this team, I just have the good sense to use it in upper-round boss battles. You only have one person to eliminate (unless you let Iron Man get off his cursed House Party Protocol) so what are you going to do? Well, you're going to get the aid of the galaxy's Deadliest Woman, of course. This is super easy. Let Cloak & Dagger make black tiles. Match those black tiles. Use Storm's black Hailstorm to fill all the tiles with attack tiles. Pray no purple ones show up on your next match. Gamora's passive downs the boss. Wee!
  • Dormammu
    I get soooo bored playing PvE goon nodes with Grocket/Gamora/Medusa that I recently challenged myself to come up with an equally effective goon-busting team. This one is pretty close. In fact, I think its a better alternative on hard-nodes against high level goons.

America Chavez 5/3/5
    Luke Cage (4-star) 5/5/3
    Dr. Strange 5/3/5 (Either version works here; I use the 3-star)

America makes this team fast - really fast, which is a requirement when trying to compete against Grocket and his band. You don't need AP for anything so your only goal is to have more AP than the goons in 5 different colors, which isn't hard since goons only generate AP in a limited number of colors and use their AP as soon as they have enough to fire a countdown. If you can hit a match-4 or trigger even a tiny cascade in the first couple of turns, you've probably achieved this goal. There's almost no such thing as a 'bad board' when trying to do this - just watch your AP pool and match accordingly. Once you have that AP, America is generating a crit tile and punching for 4k damage every turn. The damage racks up quickly.

The other thing that will be going on is the goons will be dropping countdowns. This is good for you on three levels. 1) Dr. Strange fires his yellow passive for more damage. 2) Luke Cage's black passive creates a defense tile and removes enemy tiles (great against symbiotes and Mindless Ones). 3) The enemy is reducing their AP pool, keeping America's offense going. If any of the countdown tiles happen to go off for damage, it's not a problem because Cage's defense tiles will keep you safe.
  • bob554
    Dormammu said:
    I get soooo bored playing PvE goon nodes with Grocket/Gamora/Medusa that I recently challenged myself to come up with an equally effective goon-busting team. This one is pretty close. In fact, I think its a better alternative on hard-nodes against high level goons.

America Chavez 5/3/5
    Luke Cage (4-star) 5/5/3
    Dr. Strange 5/3/5 (Either version works here; I use the 3-star)

This. Is. Brilliant! Looking forward to breaking it out for Prodigal Sun, especially with Strang3 boosted should bring him in line with C4age and Chavez