MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2018 Edition *Updated (2/26/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    D4Ni13 said:
    Brigby Balance of Power 4* progression reward should be Wasp (think it's copy past from the previous). 
    I double-checked with the developers, and that indeed was a copy and paste error. I've updated it to reflect that the progression reward should be Waspbroll said:
    @broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    How do I get notifications of thread updates without posting a pointless comment?
    One thing I've wondered about these threads for a long time is does it really add anything making a new one each month?  Why not just make an "MPQ Sneak Peak" thread and just have it go on forever?  You'd want to periodically clean out the spoiler section, but it seems like it would be less work and less confusion of users doing stuff like above.  
    That was something I was contemplating as well, but I think @gravel makes a good point. Starting a new thread does clear out the old comments, as that could really stack up over time. 

In addition, I'm sure there are some players who like analyzing all that history and data, and might want to reference old events. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Brigby Balance of Power 4* progression reward should be Wasp (think it's copy past from the previous). 
    I double-checked with the developers, and that indeed was a copy and paste error. I've updated it to reflect that the progression reward should be Wasp
    So there's still two sets of She-Hulk rewards coming in Stay on target and BOP?
    That can't be right.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I have two Kingpin covers that expire in about a week so I've been furiously hunting down Bullseyes since he's within four of giving me the last Kingpin that I need. I never even bothered to check who the placement reward for Colossus was. Then I see Bullseye has a pvp coming and think "Wait. That means...yesss I can get all of the covers with a top 25 finish in Colossys and I have a bonus 3* coming from a 2* champ reward too!" And naturally I will get Yondu covers soon and my Yondu has 13 covers. AND America is boosted?! And I can run her with Moon Knight as well. It's nice when things work out. Now to just beg on the street corner for iso to help champ Yondu. Brb.
    Aaaand I just got two bonus Bullseyes back to back so I only need two more to champ Kingpin. :)

I prefer having a new sneak peek thread every month. Something to look forward to at the end of the month.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So that’s only a week of Chavez unboosted (as New) before getting weekly boost. Combined Forces and Balance of Power? So the boosted list actually sort of applies all week. Shoot, Combined Forces is going to make me regret burning maxed 3*s for ISO.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I double-checked with the developers, and that indeed was a copy and paste error. I've updated it to reflect that the progression reward should be Waspbroll said:
    Great news for me.  Looks like I'll be championing my 14th 4-star soon enough (though technically I have 3 at 13 covers that I just rank lower and don't ahve the ISO for).
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    3 day run or 4 day run of The Hunt? @Brigby
  • zodiac339
    madoctor said:
    3 day run or 4 day run of The Hunt? @Brigby
    3-day. Has to end Thursday.
  • Brigby
    zodiac339 said:
    3 day run or 4 day run of The Hunt? Brigby
    3-day. Has to end Thursday.
    Yes. That's correct. The Hunt is a 3 day event
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ezrius said:
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Great news for me.  Looks like I'll be championing my 14th 4-star soon enough (though technically I have 3 at 13 covers that I just rank lower and don't ahve the ISO for).
    Out of curiosity, who are the max/covered 4s?
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    With the end of the season coming up and the off-season traditionally looking like the time to change things about 3* champion rewards in the past:

@Brigby could you inform or tell us if there are any plans to make updates to 3* champ rewards? With this I mean things like 3* Rocket&Groot still rewarding Drax in stead of their far more logical 4* counterpart, and for instance 4* Wolverine being rewarded by both 3* Wolverine and Colossus. With 4* characters outnumbering the 3*s it seems very illogical to reward some 4*s twice while others could be given out to make these rewards more diverse.

I have informed about this issue before, but I thought it might be more suitable with the off-season approaching. Thanks in advance!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's only illogical if you think the goal is to award every character as evenly as possible. If the devs don't mind some 4*s being a tiny tiny bit more or less common than others because of 3* champ rewards, then there's basically no reason to change it.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    StevO-J said:
    With the end of the season coming up and the off-season traditionally looking like the time to change things about 3* champion rewards in the past:

@Brigby could you inform or tell us if there are any plans to make updates to 3* champ rewards? With this I mean things like 3* Rocket&Groot still rewarding Drax in stead of their far more logical 4* counterpart, and for instance 4* Wolverine being rewarded by both 3* Wolverine and Colossus. With 4* characters outnumbering the 3*s it seems very illogical to reward some 4*s twice while others could be given out to make these rewards more diverse.

I have informed about this issue before, but I thought it might be more suitable with the off-season approaching. Thanks in advance!
    This, so much this!!! And I'm waiting since forever... Colossus for exemple. Personally, it would be something that I would be more interested than the update of a 4* to give a 5*.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby  Can you please double check the 3* placement rewards in BoP?  It’s She-Hulk, just two Events after she is placement in Bullseye’s PVP.  Thanks!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    @Brigby  Can you please double check the 3* placement rewards in BoP?  It’s She-Hulk, just two Events after she is placement in Bullseye’s PVP.  Thanks!
    Maybe a compensation for her being least common 3*? She is only one i havent started a dupe of...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J said:

Shhhh. Only about 20 covers away from Colossus giving me my 13th Wolvie. Anyway, there needs to be a better system put in place for 3s feeding 4* covers because it's not like we're getting a ton of new 3s to feed not only the new 4s but the older ones too. And if you take away R&G feeding Drax then who will feed Drax? He would just be another 4* that doesn't have anyone giving him covers.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Maybe a compensation for her being least common 3*? She is only one i havent started a dupe of...
     For me, she's the only one of the original 40 to not hit 223 yet, although she's getting close. In fact, it's just her, Elektra, Gambit, and Angel who have yet to hit that mark. 
  • zodiac339
    shardwick said:
    StevO-J said:

Shhhh. Only about 20 covers away from Colossus giving me my 13th Wolvie. Anyway, there needs to be a better system put in place for 3s feeding 4* covers because it's not like we're getting a ton of new 3s to feed not only the new 4s but the older ones too. And if you take away R&G feeding Drax then who will feed Drax? He would just be another 4* that doesn't have anyone giving him covers.
    Hopefully they’ll make lore sense of it and have 3* Thanos lead to Drax.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    pretty stoked for the 1* bw buff
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    pretty stoked for the 1* bw buff
    Did they stealth change her the way they did Spidey at that tier? 
  • Brigby
    Hi Everyone. Thanks for the heads up! Balance of Power now awards Captain Marvel (Modern) as the 3-Star Placement Reward