4* DDQ: Quake vs. Invisible Woman

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Holy cow, I can't believe I just pulled that off on my first try, no boosts, with a 5/4/4 Level 115 Quake. I finished with 2206 health. Token to the hoard. 

When I have an underleveled character like this, I like to give the fight a try using no boosts just to gauge whether or not it's feasible to win. In most cases it usually isn't, so it also gives me a good idea of how many levels to add to make winning a realistic prospect. 

Probably what helped the most is that this was a green and blue heavy board, and most of the matches fell in my favor. 

I fired Resonance Frequency several times over the course of the match to either remove matches for Sue or set them up for me. I pretty much held on to all me green though in case she went invisible, which she did. 

I could match the protect tile away, so I did that, then fired my first Earthquake the next turn. After the board shuffle, a Resonance Frequency allowed me to get the invisibility tile to a place where I could match it away. 

The only other power she fired was Force Bubbles, but I was instantly able to match away two of the strike tiles, and Sue matched away the third the very next turn. 

By that point, I'd crossed the threshold that firing two Earthquakes in a row would take her out, which I had just enough AP for. 

This is probably a personal best for lowest-level character winning on the first try with no boosts. I did win with a 3/1/1 Level 115 Elektra, but needed dozens of tries and boosts. I also won with a fully covered Level 90 Yondu, but needed boosts and several tries. 

Oh, and if you have the option, I'd definitely suggest going 5/3/5. There's no AoE for Coordinated Tactics to mitigate, and getting as much board control from Resonance Frequency and damage from Earthquake will make things much easier. 

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quake is one of my least covered 4*s at 1/0/2 lvl 90, so I don't know if it's worth trying too much for me. I did it once, no boosts, and it just didn't feel like there was a chance at all. If I run out of things to do over the next few days or stumble into a few more covers for her I may try again.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    It was tough for me with a 2/3/4 lvl 188 Quake. Tried a couple of times unboosted to get a feel for how this would go. First was a green heavy board that always fell IW's way, ate two Crushes and was downed before firing a skill. Second try was a marathon match, managed to deny green, but eventually she put out strikes that I couldn't match and whittled me away.

I only got her down to about 40% in the 2nd match so I knew I needed more firepower and max boosted damage for the third try. Board was neutral and took some lumps, but the match damage put me over the hump with about 25% health left to spare. Another first time Crash win. So far I've only missed on Yondu, but have some tough matches with Drax and Venom upcoming.

Token was Gamora(281) and BH Yellow Star-Lord to 4/3/3, which will be another interesting crash.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tough one, even with a champion Quake. First fight Sue Went invisible and I couldn't make her visible in time Before she crushed me. Second attempt Went better, saved up enough AP for two uses of green that took her out.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Struggled mightily with a lv 272 respecked 5/3/5 Quake.  First board stayed starved of green and when they did appear, they would fall after my turn so she could get them.  She was able to whittle me down since I couldn't get any powerful attacks off. 2nd try was even worse on green but better luck for me and that was a marathon match where I fired resonance frequency numerous times, usually to get rid of her invisibility tile.  Eventually I was able to fire off an earthquake and then wear her down.

LT was yellow Nico bringing her to 0/2/3.  At least I think she's in LL vault, I've been wrong about these tokens before
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    I was right there with you @Quebbster and @rocks52. Level 279 Quake, took me 5 tries and tons of boosts. Just could not get enough green to be effective.  Although after the first 2 tries, I realized I had her speced as 5/5/3, So I changed it to 5/3/5 knowing the yellow was not helping at all.

Token gave me a champ level for Sandman. 
    rocks52 said:
    LT was yellow Nico bringing her to 0/2/3.  At least I think she's in LL vault, I've been wrong about these tokens before
    Both LL and Classic tokens have all the 4*s at the same odds - only difference between the tokens is which 5*s are available.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I was making fun of myself b/c last time I said I had gotten a classic 5* from the latest 5* room as I couldn't remember who I had gotten and I had also just pulled a worthless classic cover.

The green for this event seems hard to come by today
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It's been a huge slog trying to get to 24 green and just whittle down her health with match damage.

Ond of the least enjoyable crashes.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I keep getting close but she's not a destroyer of worlds. :(
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    My 1/5/5 level 111 quake (2/5/5 after buying the h4h cover since I haven't gotten a green cover for her in a year) is really struggling with this one... I think it's the only crash I haven't yet beaten at any point. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 level 271, but definitely should have respected to 5/3/5.

Good to take my 2nd most recent champ out for a spin, or rather a shake. Long fight since Quakes activated abilities cost a lot of ap to fire. With her Blue I would usually destroy yellow tiles to keep Sue from being able to invis. She did get 1 of each attack off, but I was fortunate enough to match the strike tiles right away. Eventually I just outlasted her.

Token to the hoard.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I had a tougher time than I thought. It took me three tries with my 5/4/4 lvl 271 Quakte (that I should've respec'd to 5/3/5).

First time was a terrible board that gave her every blue & green match under the sun and she wiped me while invisible. Second time was more even but still she got me before I got her. Third time was a very favorable board for me with green and blue matches falling. I just removed yellows so there wasn't a way for her to go invisible.

LT gave me a green 5* Thor.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Reading the above I don’t hold much hope for my 2/0/2 Daisy
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    This is one of the hardest fights for the Deadpool Daily in my opinion though that may be counting to my 1 in Earthquake. Every single one of Invisible Woman's powers are a threat to you. With Force Field Crush being the most potent. Invisibility and Force Bubbles are manageable with Resonance Frequency but getting the blue for it may leave a green match open on the board and if they get enough to fire off the Invisibility as well as the Force Bubbles in a small time span, then you can easily find yourself just hoping that enough blue fall. I imagine it's even worse if your Resonance levels are too low to reliably hit the invisibility.

Level 213, 1/4/5: 3rd Try. Second and Third boosted to hell and back.
    Riri Red for the effort.

Minor note: It looked like resonance was doing damage before the invisiblity tile was removed. Resonance doesn't do high amounts of damage but that's also something to keep in mind.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to win with my Lvl 152 2/2/4 Quake with +60% match dmg, +1 green and blaack AP, +20% Green and Black Damage.

The win is possible is because of her blue, which help a lot as it destroy tiles to help make a match and cause cascade (but it still need some luck). Sue only manage to only fire her yellow once which I manage to destroy via Resonance Frequency, the trick is to wait until there is lesser yellow on board to increase the chance of Resonance Frequency destroying the Invisible tile.

LT give me a X23 purple.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,574 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it done third time, with lvl 173 4/3/5 Quake. Sue really wanted to be invisible but Quake's blue was having none of it and a blessed green board saw her go down.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Daisy started out at level 70, but decently covered at 5/2/5. I ended up levelling her to 155 and using a tonne of boosts before winning on my 4th or 5th attempt.

LT gave me a Kingpin champ level with a bonus (though unusable) America red.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Tee said:
    This is one of the hardest fights for the Deadpool Daily in my opinion though that may be counting to my 1 in Earthquake. Every single one of Invisible Woman's powers are a threat to you. With Force Field Crush being the most potent. Invisibility and Force Bubbles are manageable with Resonance Frequency but getting the blue for it may leave a green match open on the board and if they get enough to fire off the Invisibility as well as the Force Bubbles in a small time span, then you can easily find yourself just hoping that enough blue fall. I imagine it's even worse if your Resonance levels are too low to reliably hit the invisibility.

Riri Red for the effort.

Minor note: It looked like resonance was doing damage before the invisiblity tile was removed. Resonance doesn't do high amounts of damage but that's also something to keep in mind.

Aoe attacks hit enemies, even if they are invisible.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tee said:

Riri Red for the effort.

Aoe attacks hit enemies, even if they are invisible.
    Earthquake is the AoE, not Resonance Frequency.

Finally managed it with my 3/2/3 Lvl 168. Sue kept cascading into a ton of green right as I was almost there, but I finally got a board where the green fell more my way. Took several hundred HP worth of full damage and full AP boosts over the various tries, but at my stage, several hundred HP for a LT feels pretty reasonable. Token is waiting for Robbie.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I beat it for a friend with their 3/0/4 168 Quake. Used 2 G/B, 2 B/P, and 100% match damage boosts, just go for blue and try to deny green. Important part is to hold blue until she uses blue or yellow and destroy that color tile with your blue.

My champed Quake was easy. First try, no boosts.
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Where do you get 100% match damage boost? I've never come across those!