Ixalan?

124»

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinesia said:
    I disagree with your disagreement

Edit: ok i realky hate thist forum now. It screws up my predictive text and now iti erased most ofomy comment. 

I wish it hadn't because you were one of the bolasi I fought!

Was it the Visions ofoBruBrutal ity deck? I am very cucuriou  asaasas  tot how the AAI pilots it.

(forum screwing up my posts left in there Ono purpose) 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinesia said:
    I disagree with your disagreement

Edit: ok i realky hate thist forum now. It screws up my predictive text and now iti erased most ofomy comment. 

I wish it hadn't because you were one of the bolasi I fought!

Was it the Visions ofoBruBrutal ity deck? I am very cucuriou  asaasas  tot how the AAI pilots it.

(forum screwing up my posts left in there Ono purpose) 

It was. I _really_ wanted to be able to see how many visions my creature had on them after some of the "bursts".

If I hadn't been reading the facebook group that day I might've gotten a nasty shock! But I knew what was happening and knew to kill my own creature.

I was using Ob, so didn't really need my creatures. So after killing my 3rd ruin rat who I'm pretty sure had over 10 visions on him/her/Eldrazi I just stopped playing them, your deck couldn't hurt me much after that.

I can't remember what was going on apart from that bit though. The AI did fine and it'd catch most people out. To mess me up you needed support destruction too. Welease the Gremlins possibly?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    "They would have to be the plain and boring common cards with no abilities posted." 

... Why? 
    I stated why right after. 

By boring, they're just creatures with no text (not including flying,  FS, Defend etc) or spells and supports we're already familar with from prior sets (different name,  same effect kind of thing ... i.e. unsummon) else anything released with new mechanics that pertain to Ixalan without any real explanation is likely to cause a surge of uninformed opinions.  You've been around long enough to see this occur.  

What we really want is the meaty game changing stuff. But I also would like a cleaner reveal rather than a messy one.  I say  patience and we'll see soon enough.I've been waiting the last  7 months like the next guy/gal. We are right at the finish line. And I am beyond excited for IXN release. 

By the by @Mainloop25 I'm also looking forward to seeing your videos of IXN builds in youtube. *knuckle bump* 

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    I want vraska. and a new jace. and like, approximately 100% of the cards from Ixalan. let the hype begin in full force!
    K
    And i want that jace & vraska romance the story alludes to (green blue black) 

Lol
  • Kinesia
    I want vraska. and a new jace. and like, approximately 100% of the cards from Ixalan. let the hype begin in full force!
    K
    And i want that jace & vraska romance the story alludes to (green blue black) 

Lol

A three colour planeswalker that is really a team instead of an individual? That'd be cool.
    We already have the "transform" technology on Arlinn and Marvel Puzzle Quest does something in the right direction with "Cloak and Dagger".

Here though... You could have the different sides have different mana bonuses for colours as well as different abilities. (Both sides would need to be able to play all the cards in the deck of course, otherwise it would be annoying.)
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Ooh i like that idea of a transforming planeswalker.

And i really dig jace/vraska, read the last chapter today and they make a really sweeg couple. Plus i want to see lilli get jealous
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Ooh i like that idea of a transforming planeswalker.

And i really dig jace/vraska, read the last chapter today and they make a really sweeg couple. Plus i want to see lilli get jealous
    Did you forget about Arlinn?
  • Kinesia
    Regarding Bolas balance: I played the red trial today to a totally different experience, I faced most red planeswalkers (not Arlinn or Energy Chandra, but yes to creatureless basic Chandra) and only 1 Bolas among them.
    For red people seem to be more willing to try everything but for black people are "tilted" towards Bolas.

I have a theory...

Playing _against_ black people want Support Destruction and from the current options Bolas, Sarkhan and Sorin they feel far more confident with Bolas. (A few people might have different reasons, but I strongly suspect this thought structure played into it for many.)

So perhaps Vraska can fix this imbalance... I still think he's too powerful anyway but only slightly.

(I am annoyed by all the new PWs having over 100 hitpoints. Yes, it makes sense for Bolas, but everyone? Jace 3 better not be buff!)
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Uhm, read the ixalan story? 

J3 is supposed to be buff and muscular
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thuran said:

And it's legit this time!
  • Kinesia
    wereotter said:
    Thuran said:

Ah, but buff and muscular compared to normal Jace... Is he meant to be buffer than a Space Dragon or Abjani?
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Nope :) bit nobody says che will have 130, just 100 would be suitable lorewise tho ;)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinesia said:
    wereotter said:
    Thuran said:

Ah, but buff and muscular compared to normal Jace... Is he meant to be buffer than a Space Dragon or Abjani?
    Only when he projects the illusion that he’s more fit than he actually is. ;)