Newb starter deck tips

Good morning, everyone!

So I've been playing for a couple of weeks and I've sprung for a deal with some of the runes and gems, and bought  myself a Nissa, Steward of Elements

At level 35, I think I'm doing... okay.  Likely as okay as I can be with the limited cards I have.  I've gotten through Origins Chapter 2, Part 1 and BFZ Chapter 1 without too much difficulty, but am noticing that it's starting to get decently harder to have consistent wins in PvE. 

I'm doing all of the standard growth things, like competing in events (at bronze level), getting my hourlys/dailys, etc, including doing the secondary objectives for the crystals for buying further packs.  So I don't think I need help there... I feel like I could use some advice on how to tweak my current deck to be as reliable as possible, or to know that it's as good as I can get it for now. 

Again, without me listing every single card I have, it'd probably be difficult to tell me what to do with what I have... I've only got 179 in my inventory, with the vast majority being Origins.  I did buy one Amonkhet (5 card pack) and am planning on trying to get an Hours of Devastation Set soon.

With all of that said if anyone has any feedback on the types of cards/spells/supports to put in for better synergy it would be greatly appreciated... because I've noticed as the PvE battles get harder, I'm ending up at the mercy of "bad draws" more and more. 

Currently I'm rolling with this:

---------------

Soulblade Djinn

Champion of Wits

Scrapskin Drake

Foul emissary

Larger Than Life

Turn to Frog

Reclaim

Winds of Rebuke

Artificer's Epiphany

Dagger of the Worthy

--------------

I've basically been running it with emphasis on putting up defense/cycling cards/using Epiphany/Emissary to get a djinn out as quickly as possible. 

In any case, I'll continue rolling along, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, all!

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    maybe try a gem converter, eg nissa's pilgrimage. a support
    destroy card is also useful, something like conclave naturalists.

HH
  • GingerFever19
    GingerFever19 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for that.  I swapped out
    - Emmisary got Ahn Crop Companion
    - Dagger for Nissa's pilgrimage 
    - Larger than Life for Desert of the Indomitable 
    - Epiphany for Faerie Miscreant 

Seems to be playing a bit faster and giving me more reliable offense/defense with the Ahn Crop which I got in my last 5x pack pull.

Thanks for stopping to give me a reply.  Very appreciative.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have any sort of cycling engine yet, such as New Perspectives, Kefnet's/Rhonas' Monument? The more cycling cards that you have, the easier it will be to take advantage of her abilities. Her 3rd ability is amazing but even more so if you don't have to use her second ability first.

Cards that are decent on their own but can also cycle are: Desert of the Mindful, Desert of the Indomitable, Dissenter's Deliverance, Censor, Vizier of the Tumbling Sands, Lay Claim, Hieroglyphic Illumination, Floodwaters, Beneath The Sands, and Greater Sandwurm.

Even though it's a common, Desert of the mindful should be in almost every blue deck.
  • GingerFever19
    Ty for the response.  I'm good to go on this.  Got New Perspectives and Drake Haven awhile ago and am having no trouble.  Holding out for the archive 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Archive is great, so is curator of mysteries. 
  • GingerFever19
    Yup...I'm pining for archive, in particular, for its synergy with faith of the devoted