Ixalan?

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    NinjaE said:
    It would seriously take a lot less effort to post an image or two of upcoming cards, than it does to keep making excuses not to.

It's not that simple. If they drop an image of upcoming cards. They would have to be the plain and boring common cards with no abilities posted. And everyone would be annoyed by that and is something best left alone.

I they posted a card with abilities [read as mechanics] that we do not yet understand ... you can only imagine the uproar that may occur because players are making uninformed opinions about said revealed cards ... often demanding a fix. IMHO Oktagon is playing it wisely rather than repeat the mistakes that Hibernium made in the past.

So in short, it takes FAR less effort not to release an image thus avoiding an uninformed tinykitty storm than to Release some images and dealing with the tinykitty storm that could have been prevented by a compiled release. Just sayin'

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    "They would have to be the plain and boring common cards with no abilities posted." 

... Why? 
  • Dutchrudder
    Dutchrudder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Is this the real life?
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Nah, just fantasy
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy come
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I was going to continue the song for a brief moment, but then you skipped about 2 and a half verses!

I mean....please keep all comments on the original topic of Ixalan. Thank you!
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    @Brigby is it possible to know if a new Planeswalker would come out the same time the new set comes out or it would be a few weeks behind? Any clue on who the planeswalker would be? Color combinations,etc. Thank you!!
  • TheExaminer
    TheExaminer Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I want vraska. and a new jace. and like, approximately 100% of the cards from Ixalan. let the hype begin in full force!
    C'mon, 2 Jace is more than enough for now. I would much rather see Angrath, Huatli or whatever older PW that was omitted by mtgpq creators.
  • Thuran
    edited February 2018
    @asm0deus

Planes walkers in ixalan:

Vraska, black green
    Jace, blue
    Huatli, white red
    Angrath, red black
    Huatli, white green

Theoretically also monoblack vraska from intro decks
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    asm0deus said:
    @Brigby is it possible to know if a new Planeswalker would come out the same time the new set comes out or it would be a few weeks behind? Any clue on who the planeswalker would be? Color combinations,etc. Thank you!!
    If they follow the patterns they've followed before, then there are three PWs that we can expect to be released with this next set. They are:

1. Vraska, who is Black & Green. In the paper game, she's focused on pirate tribal abilities. I really hope they don't go that route; tribally-tied PWs are not as fun in my book, nor as useful. That being said, I really have no idea what to expect from Oktagon in their first set, since we have no previous basis for comparison. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    2. Huatli, who is Red & White. Her paper version is tribal as well, only this one is focused on dinosaurs. Again, I hope we don't get something like that in PQ, but I guess we'll see...
    3. Jace, who is mono-Blue. I'm very intrigued to see how they handle this one. He has some interesting and unique abilities on his paper card.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Rivals of Ixalan is another matter though. There are only two PWs in that set.

1. A new version of Huatli, who is Green and White.
    2. Angrath, who is a brand new Black and Red PW.

I'm most excited about these two, but I think we'll end up having to wait a lot longer for them since they're from the set that comes immediately after the Ixalan base set.
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Thanks guys. All new PWs sound interesting. A jace3 doesnt sound bad too, since we got 3 versions of the gatewatch already but him.
  • Thuran
    @Matthew Bolas was a huge success as oktagons first walker :)

Powerful, but balanced, with abilities that are well rounded 
  • Kinesia
    Thuran said:
    @Matthew Bolas was a huge success as oktagons first walker :)

Powerful, but balanced, with abilities that are well rounded 

Disagree. "Destroy" as his first is too extreme and his hit points are too high. The rest is ok, but the constantly escalating hitpoints is dumb and the first should be "-5/-5" rather than direct destroy.''

I did the black trial today and only _1_ opponent wasn't Bolas. While not completely broken everything _is_ skewed towards him currently.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I disagree with your disagreement

Edit: ok i realky hate thist forum now. It screws up my predictive text and now iti erased most ofomy comment. 
  • Kinesia
    I disagree with your disagreement

Edit: ok i realky hate thist forum now. It screws up my predictive text and now iti erased most ofomy comment. 

I wish it hadn't because you were one of the bolasi I fought!
  • Thuran
    Uhm, you can't blame bolas for mainloop having omni ;)