Ixalan?

Comments

• AdriA
    AdriA Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Would be nice if the dev's rethink about schedule and bring us a date to release the new set and so on.

• Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Crickets
    Paint drying
    Crickets 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    It feels like I have been waiting for the same pot of water to boil for two weeks.....................
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    We're getting notes on the release this week. Probably today or tomorrow. They are working on fixing typos and stuff as of Thursday last week.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
     babar3355 said:
    It feels like I have been waiting for the same pot of water to boil for two weeks.....................

Did you pay the power bill? :p
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    We're getting notes on the release this week. Probably today or tomorrow. They are working on fixing typos and stuff as of Thursday last week.
    Fun fact: There is over 30 pages of Ixalan info that Oktagon provided us, so we're reviewing and formatting it as quickly and efficiently as we can, to keep it both as manageable yet informative as possible. This might require us to break it up into chunks, but if that's the case, then we'll schedule them all out as interesting teasers leading up to Ixalan's release!

In the meantime though, I've updated the January Sneak Peek thread, and created the February Sneak Peek as well!

Can you tell them that we don't need a book, and that some pictures of cards will suffice? Lol
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Just release 1 card a day, and people would love you :)
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    All I want is a release date, plus or minus a couple days.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    All I want is a release date, plus or minus a couple days.
    I want dinosaurs.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    I want vraska. and a new jace. and like, approximately 100% of the cards from Ixalan. let the hype begin in full force!
  • EldrosKandar
    EldrosKandar Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I want a progression bar.  :p
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    There is but based on infinite Pareto principle:)
  • babar3355
    Brigby said:
    Fun fact: There is over 30 pages of Ixalan info that Oktagon provided us, so we're reviewing and formatting it as quickly and efficiently as we can, to keep it both as manageable yet informative as possible. This might require us to break it up into chunks, but if that's the case, then we'll schedule them all out as interesting teasers leading up to Ixalan's release!

In the meantime though, I've updated the January Sneak Peek thread, and created the February Sneak Peek as well!
    Ugh, this is actually discouraging to me.  If you are going to "break it up into chunks, *edit*, then release them all out as interesting teasers leading up to Ixalan's release!"  I mean good lord, is it going to come out this quarter?
  • Gunmix25
    babar3355 said:
    Brigby said:

Ugh, this is actually discouraging to me.  If you are going to "break it up into chunks, *edit*, then release them all out as interesting teasers leading up to Ixalan's release!"  I mean good lord, is it going to come out this quarter?

@babar3355 I believe that the reasoning behind the comprehensive information might be due to the fact that Okatagon said from the start that they are focusing on making MTGPQ cards as close to paper as possible. A thorough explanation would definitely be needed to explain the mechanics and how they will interact with other cards in past sets as well. Call it a preemptive move to reassure the player base that this set was thought through. 

That said, maybe the teasers are release day to day? Say... Mon to Weds? Set release on Thurs. in time for the IXN themed event on Friday. That seems reasonable and a great way to build up momentum and excitement without dragging it out  any further.

Although I do appreciate Oktagon doing their best for their first set release. A lot of future expectations, both good and bad, hinges on this release.

• Bigred5442
    Bigred5442 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

i hope they give more than one day for people to get some cards from the set before having Ixalan themed events.

i think they did that with some previous sets and it was not much fun trying to compete in events that had requirements specific to new set mechanics, without having many cards yet from the set.

i know everyone is screaming for new event content, but i think there should be at least a week from set drop to first themed event. even if set was dropped Monday and themed event started Friday would be good, give some of the F2P and newish players a chance to win some packs in events during the week and spend some earned crystals, instead of forcing them to drop cash just to have chance at the side objectives...

• babar3355

i hope they give more than one day for people to get some cards from the set before having Ixalan themed events.

i think they did that with some previous sets and it was not much fun trying to compete in events that had requirements specific to new set mechanics, without having many cards yet from the set.

i know everyone is screaming for new event content, but i think there should be at least a week from set drop to first themed event. even if set was dropped Monday and themed event started Friday would be good, give some of the F2P and newish players a chance to win some packs in events during the week and spend some earned crystals, instead of forcing them to drop cash just to have chance at the side objectives...

I actually found that to be one of the most things with some sets.... drop SOI then do a themed event complete with werewolves.  Then you were forced to use what you had, rather than the best ones available.  Or maybe you would have to spend money to have any at all... so, spending might get you a short term advantage, but if you were F2P you could still collect the cards and compete in subsequent events.

• Gunmix25

Not to mention that for many F2P players.... They've been collecting crystals for months like they usually do. So many are likely going to have plenty of funds for packs.

I am not exactly F2P but I've been diligent in saving as many crystals as I can since mid October strictly for IXN and associated PWs.