4* DDQ: Carnage vs. Doc of the Ock

Kahmon
Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
I guess it's fitting that I start the thread since this was also my first time finishing 1st in my DDQ pod.

5/5/3 lv. 272

Spawned attack tiles did most of the work. I just tried to match his away, and gathered enough red to fire Symbiote Strike once.

Token to the hoard.

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    2 tries with my 3/3/0 Carnage & 2 fails, but it feels do-able
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Went in with a 4/2/2 unboosted 166 Carnage. Felt like I wouldn't have much of a chance but did it anyway. Ended up beating it with more than 3.5k health left.

Seems like this one just depends on how willing Doc Ock is to matching your tiles.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    No issues for my Level 278 5/5/3 Carnage. I didn't have too many favorable red or green matches. I never got enough green, and Doc Ock was down to like 300 health before I got enough to fire Symbiote Scythes, so it was just a formality at that point. Finished with 5340 health. Token to the hoard. 
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Took 5 tries for my 147 2/3/2 Carnage. Just couldn't get green or red in the earlier rounds and Doc Ock was lucking into match 5 cascades. Last round was very close. Oddly, he never managed to fire any of his powers except for Insult to Injury. 

Token to the hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/3/2 lvl131 Carnage and I'm fearing my winning streak is going to be broken on this one. Might be different if red and black were reversed in terms of covers but probably not.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Two tries for 188 2/2/5 Carnage. Had no red/green the first time and eventually got one shot by a manipulation. Boosted AP to start with 2 of each the 2nd time. Being able to fire off skills made a big difference as I managed easily. First time beating this crash!

Cage to 273. The 5* drought continues.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Took 4 tries with a lv 157 5/3/4 Carnage.  First try went fairly well at at lv 130, had him down to a few hundred health which required one more turn but he killed me with manipulation.  Next 2 turns, I couldn't gain enough of my red or green so couldn't finish him off and he just got too many Insult to Injury tiles wearing me down.  4th try I fired off 2 Carnage rules and a Symbiote Sycthes to down the doctor. 

Got a 6th Matt Murdock green for my troubles.  Since he's at 4/5/0, I had to sell it off for the iso.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy with 5/3/5 L276.

+1 to hoard
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    2 tries with my 3/3/0 Carnage & 2 fails, but it feels do-able
    Ended up getting it on the 5th or 6th try - closest fail was when I had Ock on 300 health

Token was a Prof X Purple to make him 4/4/2
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    No love so far for my 3/1/3 152 Carnage. I've managed to get him down to about 4,000 health, but that's it. I may try it again with a few boosts.

*EDIT* Got it! I stumbled into an amazing cascade that took me up to 15 red (from 2!) and at least six green. The cascade took out nearly all of the special tiles on the board, so I waited a few turns, then went green->red->red for the win! I will update when I open the token tonight.

*EDIT 2* Hooray, the token yielded a Lockjaw blue! That makes him a 2/1/3. I know he's not top-tier but he looks like fun. Maybe we'll get Zabu and Pizza Dog so we can make a four-footed-furry-friends team! (I wonder if any of the three ever met in any of the comics?)
  • DarthDeVo
    rocks52 said:
    Took 4 tries with a lv 157 5/3/4 Carnage.  First try went fairly well at at lv 130, had him down to a few hundred health which required one more turn but he killed me with manipulation.  Next 2 turns, I couldn't gain enough of my red or green so couldn't finish him off and he just got too many Insult to Injury tiles wearing me down.  4th try I fired off 2 Carnage rules and a Symbiote Sycthes to down the doctor. 

Got a 6th Matt Murdock green for my troubles.  Since he's at 4/5/0, I had to sell it off for the iso.  
     You pulled a 5* Daredevil? From a Latest token? How'd that happen? 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    281 5/5/3 Carnage got it first try.

I just focused on gathering red and matching his attack tiles. Eventually I gathered 16 Red ap. I fired Red twice and he was dead. Very simple.

LT gave me a Yellow Nova cover. He's 13 covers. Ordinarily it would easily be a good choice to champ him, but I also have a red Gamora on the vine and she's 5/5/2. If I don' get a blue cover, Nova is my next champ.

Edit: Got the Blue cover from the H4H store. Nova it is!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm obsessed with this node right now because I have a 0/4/0 Carnage. I can pretty consistently get Ock down in the 2-3k hit point range, and once i even had him down to 700pts before I died. If I had just 1 active power i could do this node, I'm sure of it lol.
  • rocks52
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:

Ha!  I confused myself.  I forget who I pulled.  I know I pulled a wasted 5* recently.  Was he in the Ghost Rider special vault?
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I actually surprised myself by beating this in 1 try with my 188 5/2/2 unboosted Carnage. Had a favorable board that never dropped too many blues and plenty of reds. Fired the scythes twice and that pretty much sealed it. First time beating this crash and my streak remains!

Added to the token pile for now.
  • DarthDeVo
    rocks52 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:

Ha!  I confused myself.  I forget who I pulled.  I know I pulled a wasted 5* recently.  Was he in the Ghost Rider special vault?
    Yep, him and Doc Ock were the party crashers in the Gho5t Rider store this time. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I hate this match.
  • rocks52
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:

Yep, him and Doc Ock were the party crashers in the Gho5t Rider store this time. 
    Had to have been it then.  And since I sold him, lemme guess, I could have gotten a CS swap on him?
  • DarthDeVo
    rocks52 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:

Had to have been it then.  And since I sold him, lemme guess, I could have gotten a CS swap on him?
    No, they've been pretty steadfast in not allowing swaps from those stores, except for the new release character. 

The only time I think I've seem them make an exception was the Cosmic Legends store, or whatever it was called, last summer. The one that had Silver Surfer, Thanos and Star-Lord. I think that was around the time of the first 5* essential required for PvE.

I think Daredevil was the first new release that included two other characters (Black Panther and 5pidey, I think, even though Parker was still in Latest at that point. Pretty sure you couldn't swap Panther covers pulled from that store.)

Only other special 5* store that featured Classic characters was the Fan Favorite store around anniversary time, and they weren't doing swaps for that one. There may have been one around Christmas time, too, I can't remember. If there was, pretty sure they weren't doing swaps. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm obsessed with this node right now because I have a 0/4/0 Carnage. I can pretty consistently get Ock down in the 2-3k hit point range, and once i even had him down to 700pts before I died. If I had just 1 active power i could do this node, I'm sure of it lol.
    My single red cover didn't help and I haven't even managed to get enough AP to fire green so far.

I wish you luck though!