Is Peggy still worth a hero for hire purchase?

Options
jtsings
jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2018 in Roster and Level Help
  I understand that she's part of the old guard but I'm seriously considering purchasing hero for hire blue and champing her because I have a cover on the vine.  I've got no issues with HP, plenty to spare and I even have extra dupe 2*s in slots I don't use (I even have bagman rostered :wink: ).  For those of you that have her champed do you use her a lot or do the new 4*s get the most use on your roster?  My main use for her, I can see at least, is for the 3 featured character essentials in PVE.   I would think her and IM40 would work really well in those essentials with cheap ap damage dealers like Daken, Ares, and Juggs.   I would also think that she might be helpful for a defensive PVP team, since everyone usually likes to get in and out as quickly as they can; but it's pretty hard to do with her.  Or should I wait on her since she's not at the worst cover coverage at 5/4/3?

Roster:https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/jtsings/

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use Peggy all the time, she's my favorite 4-star and one of the most effective characters in the tier when paired with an AP generator like IM40 or Vulture. I like that she is viable unboosted, and outright dangerous when she is on the boost list.

jtsings said:
    My main use for her, I can see at least, is for the 3 featured character essentials in PVE.   I would think her and IM40 would work really well in those essentials...
    This right here. I do this frequently and it works.

I use her to climb in SHIELD sim with IM40 and green-nuker-du-jour, also. It's fast.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A few things:

1) Based on your roster, for the time being Peggy would be helpful for you cause she is pretty good still.  Since all your 4* champs are pretty low level, she'll still be of use to you.  Once the others get a lot more covers due to being "latest" she'll be overpassed just based on her lower level.

2) If you can get your low level vulture champed eventually, they work really well together also (so you have a backup to using IM40).

3) Your initial question: now that a lot of my 4* are above her, I don't use her a lot anymore except when boosted.  I'll use her occasionally to shake things up, but not that often anymore.

4) On defense, she's okay.  Against ppl with similar roster strength, she's a good deterrent, but against anybody who's above you, she's not that much of a deterrent unless boosted. 

5) My opinion, on defense max out yellow and blue.  Usually I keep yellow at 3, but the problem on defense is that the AI will not play your team the way you do.  For instance, if you have IM40 on your team, AI will more times than not chase IM40's Blue and Red cause they are higher costs.  That's why you see a lot of Gamora/Grocket combos because they're fast and the AI can't really mess it up. 

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it a few months ago. Even spent actual dollars on it. Don't regret it a bit. I still tend to use Fist/C4ge as my go-to 4* team, but she's definitely good any time, and amazing when boosted.
  • jtsings
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I use Peggy all the time, she's my favorite 4-star and one of the most effective characters in the tier when paired with an AP generator like IM40 or Vulture.
      Vulture is most certainly on my wish to champ next list but RNG has been really frugal with his covers, so I'll have to hope bonus heroes can get me there.

4) On defense, she's okay.  Against ppl with similar roster strength, she's a good deterrent, but against anybody who's above you, she's not that much of a deterrent unless boosted. 

5) My opinion, on defense max out yellow and blue.  Usually I keep yellow at 3, but the problem on defense is that the AI will not play your team the way you do.  For instance, if you have IM40 on your team, AI will more times than not chase IM40's Blue and Red cause they are higher costs.  That's why you see a lot of Gamora/Grocket combos because they're fast and the AI can't really mess it up. 

Very helpful insights regarding PVP.  I've often thought that maybe Peggy and Medusa would pair well together because you have higher AP cost and constant damage.  Certainly not an unbeatable team by any means but I would definitely skip a PVP with that team because it's going to be long match and it would probably take away lots of health too. But I agree if I'm being taken on by a two boosted 4* team I'd likely be toast.
    I did it a few months ago. Even spent actual dollars on it. Don't regret it a bit. I still tend to use Fist/C4ge as my go-to 4* team, but she's definitely good any time, and amazing when boosted.

RNG has also been unkind to me with C4ge as well but F4st is only a few covers away, thankfully.  But it's nice to hear that there was no buyers remorse in getting her champed.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Peggy + IM40 or Vulture can take you to 900 in PvP during a week where you don't have any boosted 4*s. That alone is reason enough to champ her as soon as you can. 

She was my first champ, about 10 months ago, and while I don't use her that often any longer, I do still break her out for stinker nodes in PvE.
  • jtsings
    edited January 2018
    Options
       Thanks all again for the advice, I had several 4* pulls and I was hoping that a bonus Peggy would show up so I wouldn't have to spend the HP but alas I was not so lucky.  So I went ahead and bought the HFH and champed her right away.  I look forward to using her in PVE and PVP soon! 

granne said:
    Peggy + IM40 or Vulture can take you to 900 in PvP during a week where you don't have any boosted 4*s. That alone is reason enough to champ her as soon as you can. 

Thanks granne that was definitely a helpful tip because many times I'm in that situation, so I'll definitely look forward to using her in PVP very soon.  Now if I could just get a lot more covers of Vulture, I'll be in even better shape lol.