4* - 5* transition. When to level up 5*s?

Options
azninvasion2000
azninvasion2000 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
Hey all, I have about twenty champed 4*s, and three 5*s that have 9/10 covers each. I read on here a while back that leveling up your 5*s this early really screws up your MMR scaling. Is this still true? When is a good time to level up the 5*s?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The ideal time to make the transition is when you have at least 3 max-covered 5-stars and enough ISO to level them up all at once, along with almost all the 4-stars champed.

If you start leveling your 5-stars now you are going to do what you are afraid of doing.
    Hold off.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    The ideal time to make the transition is when you have at least 3 max-covered 5-stars and enough ISO to level them up all at once, along with almost all the 4-stars champed.

If you start leveling your 5-stars now you are going to do what you are afraid of doing.
    Hold off.
    This. Don’t join the legion of noobs who level 5s too early ie before they have 13 covers. You’ll be visible to 5* champ rosters in PvP  who will destroy your team in no time at all.

There’s a topic in General (the PvP sportsmanship one) about this where a guy has done exactly that. Read about his experience and decide if that is what you want to do.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey all, I have about twenty champed 4*s, and three 5*s that have 9/10 covers each. I read on here a while back that leveling up your 5*s this early really screws up your MMR scaling. Is this still true? When is a good time to level up the 5*s?
    I was at about that point when I leveled my 5s some. Leave them in the 330-360 area and you will be largely be MMR safe except for weeks when you have no champed 4s boosted and it will make PVE easier. Don't go above 360 even if you have the covers as you will then be dealing with champed 5 rosters. I currently have one five at 375 and a couple of others at 360 and do just fine (along with 35 4* champs).