MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

1789101113»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

Do you know how many fourday events there are without any 48 hour subs? Two. Thick as Thieves and Venom Bomb. If the devs tried to abolish 48-hour subs, we would get at least one run of each every month, frequently more.

It would be great if they could update some of the existing events to actually have 4 subs though, but in the story events it would mean creating new content, so it may be easier said than done. Simulator could easily be expanded to four subs since it has no story, but considering how popular the current run is that may not be a good idea...

It's not only about 48 hour subs, it's specifically about running DP vs MPQ after every boss event, like clockwork.

Bring back heroics with one sub being 48 hours, shorten Hulk to a 4 day variant, do _anything_ except run DP vs MPQ.

But of course stuff that requires work to fit the schedule has to wait, because devs are busy with... whatever.
    Would be nice to know if they're actually working on something.

That I can agree with. I want Deadpool vs MPQ to run Thursday - Monday because that fits my Schedule eminently well. Tuesday is one of the worst PvE grinding Days in the week for me, so I would have prefered a four day event that had the break on Tuesday.

They did try to run Hulk in a Three- or fourday slot once, back in 2014 I Believe. It wasn't pretty, the subs weren't even 12 hours long.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Quebbster said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

Do you know how many fourday events there are without any 48 hour subs? Two. Thick as Thieves and Venom Bomb. If the devs tried to abolish 48-hour subs, we would get at least one run of each every month, frequently more.

It would be great if they could update some of the existing events to actually have 4 subs though, but in the story events it would mean creating new content, so it may be easier said than done. Simulator could easily be expanded to four subs since it has no story, but considering how popular the current run is that may not be a good idea...

It's not only about 48 hour subs, it's specifically about running DP vs MPQ after every boss event, like clockwork.

Bring back heroics with one sub being 48 hours, shorten Hulk to a 4 day variant, do _anything_ except run DP vs MPQ.

But of course stuff that requires work to fit the schedule has to wait, because devs are busy with... whatever.
    Would be nice to know if they're actually working on something.

That I can agree with. I want Deadpool vs MPQ to run Thursday - Monday because that fits my Schedule eminently well. Tuesday is one of the worst PvE grinding Days in the week for me, so I would have prefered a four day event that had the break on Tuesday.

They did try to run Hulk in a Three- or fourday slot once, back in 2014 I Believe. It wasn't pretty, the subs weren't even 12 hours long.

I'm not talking about them flailing around widly, trying to fit 7 subs into 4 days, I'm talking about removing subs entirely to shorten the stupid thing.
    The whole second part of the PVE can be cut, or you can even split the whole PVE into two parts.

They just need to take the ten minutes to work on the prehistoric PVEs we're still playing.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    One nice thing about DPvMPQ with 48 hour subs is that the struggling alliances who play into Sunday in the boss event can have an easier time dealing with overlapping the two events. You can join late in a 48 hour sub and still easily hit max progresssion, perhaps place well too.  I would guess that participation is higher in the event following bosses  when they start with a 48 hour sub.

Yes, it’s a bit of a resource hit, but there are sometimes other factors. 

I have no excuse for the dated boss rewards, though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    One nice thing about DPvMPQ with 48 hour subs is that the struggling alliances who play into Sunday in the boss event can have an easier time dealing with overlapping the two events. You can join late in a 48 hour sub and still easily hit max progresssion, perhaps place well too.  I would guess that participation is higher in the event following bosses  when they start with a 48 hour sub.

Then they could start off with Enemy of the State after a boss events because the first sub is 48hrs and it's one of the better events due to all the tokens. Sure it's a 7 day event but it won't be as bad since boss events are less grindy
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Then they could start off with Enemy of the State after a boss events because the first sub is 48hrs and it's one of the better events due to all the tokens. Sure it's a 7 day event but it won't be as bad since boss events are less grindy
    That just creates a new problem by having weekly boost lists changing in the middle of an event.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    bluewolf said:

That just creates a new problem by having weekly boost lists changing in the middle of an event.
    That wasn’t a problem the last time a 7-day ran through mid-week. It used 1set of boosted perfectly fine.
  • Quebbster
    zodiac339 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    bluewolf said:

That wasn’t a problem the last time a 7-day ran through mid-week. It used 1set of boosted perfectly fine.

And that was... what? September 2016? There's probably a reason they haven't done it again...

But yes, since the weekly boosted characters aren't used in the boss battle it's not a huge problem to shift it. It might be a Little bit confusing next weekend when there is one set of boosted characters in PvE and Another set in PvP, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

• InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    @Brigby Is there any way we can find out what the two upcoming classic essential 5 *s will be after Deadpool vs MPQ as soon as possible? I would like to know if I am free to spend some cp trying for Reyes and Murdock covers before the Enemies of Vengeance store expires.

If not, thanks in advance for checking! 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @InfectiousYawn I can see if I can gather information for the event following Deadpool vs MPQ, however I won't have the information available for the event following that.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Is there any way we can find out what the two upcoming classic essential 5 *s will be after Deadpool vs MPQ as soon as possible? I would like to know if I am free to spend some cp trying for Reyes and Murdock covers before the Enemies of Vengeance store expires.

What classics have not shown up yet? We can probably narrow the field down. OML, BP, Cap, and Thanos. I think that's all...... Maybe?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    No Silver Surfer yet either, which is odd since he was the very first 5*.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Milk Jugz said:

What classics have not shown up yet? We can probably narrow the field down. OML, BP, Cap, and Thanos. I think that's all...... Maybe?

Yes, that'd be the remaining 4 classics.  Then I'm curious whether they will start the cycle over or first hit the latest 5s that have since become classics.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Oh yeah, before they started the H4H offers. So he's been featured, but not offered yet.
  • Quebbster
    Milk Jugz said:

That should be it. If you don't count 5tarlord, Doctopus, Spidey, and DD, who transited from Latests to Classics after 5* became essential
    5tarlord was Classic when the fivestar essential missions started. He is also the only Classic fivestar that has been essential twice, so it should be a while before we see him again.
    Personally I hope they reset the cycle after OML, Cap, Thanos and Panther got their turns...
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Id be ok with skipping thanos... all the canon fodder (whole roster really) agrees ;-)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They can run Thanos, just fix tapping first by keeping the recharge rate at 0 after the seventh clear. Easy.