5*: Gambit or Ghost Rider?

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Might as well ask this now. According to the dates provided, Ghost Rider will replace Gambit on 13 Feb. My Gambit is currently at 3/2/5. I get an average of 30-40CP a day (that includes the value of Latest LTs, which is 25CP). That would give me around 600-800CP by the time Gambit leaves. I currently have 11CP and no LTs, because I've been trying (in vain) to get that last cover for my 4/4/4 GladiaThor.

So the expected question: should I try to cover Gambit before he leaves, or just save my resources? I'm not sure how good Ghosty will be, although his Green looks brilliant. Plus I'm one of those who believe Gambit will get the OML treatment and be nerfed to oblivion (hopefully not; nerf him but don't make him as bad as his 3* version).

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So the expected question: should I try to cover Gambit before he leaves, or just save my resources? I'm not sure how good Ghosty will be, although his Green looks brilliant. Plus I'm one of those who believe Gambit will get the OML treatment and be nerfed to oblivion (hopefully not; nerf him but don't make him as bad as his 3* version).
    Have you even used the 3* version? Remove the self-harm and that black is pretty good, 3 charged tiles to power up red/purple + damage and you also free up others chars to use their own red/purple. Of course that seems bad compared to the 5* version but its far from a bad power when you think about it.

Anyway, try to cover Gambit at all costs for sure because for now he's miles ahead of anyone else.
  • CKISSM
    CKISSM Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How do you get 30-40 CPs a day?  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I Believe Gambit will get a fourstar feeder once he is out of Latest, possibly the week after. Rogue seems like an obvious candidate, so if you have a level 300 Rogue you will suddenly have Gambit at 4/3/5. So you may not be as bad off as you Think.

That said... it's probably smart to try to chase Gambit while he is still in Latest, if only becayse it means you can get duplicate Black covers changed by Customer Service (and also because it is Gambit).

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No matter what anyone else says in the comments below mine, the correct answer is to finish Gambit at all costs ;)
    Unless/until they nerf him into oblivion as soon as he enters Classics.

Even with that being said You're close enough that I'd probably try for it.  I hit 13 on mine two days trying to get him capped off before he leaves.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Once he transitions over to classics, he'll probably be rushed to the front of the rotation in pve essentials, and you can buy a purple cover for 250 CP.  I'd probably risk it with 10 Latest Legends pulls instead, but I've had plenty of streaks of going zero for 10.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Let's say if I draw all my hoarded LT and getting more than 5 covers for one color. I go to CS with that latest 5* rostered first or leave them on the vine and ask for color change? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Once he transitions over to classics, he'll probably be rushed to the front of the rotation in pve essentials, and you can buy a purple cover for 250 CP.  I'd probably risk it with 10 Latest Legends pulls instead, but I've had plenty of streaks of going zero for 10.

We haven't seen Doc Ock, Spider-man or Daredevil as Classic fivestar PvE Essentials yet, no reason to Think Gambit would get preferential treatment. We are Close to the end of the cycle though - I Believe the only Classic fivestars who have never been PvE Essentials are OML, Captain America, Thanos and Black Panther, so the repeats should start coming soon.

We also don't know if they will start over from the top or if they will continue where they were in the cycle coverwise.

We have seen both Spider-man and Daredevil get fourstar feeders though, so that is way more likely to happen soon after Gambit goes Classic.

• STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I say you should pull to get gambit champed.