Galactus Hungers & Ghost Rider Vault/Store (1/23/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here is a bit more detail about the Galactus Hungers event, as well as the Vault and Store that Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) brings with him.

Galactus Hungers
  • Starts: Thursday, January 25th, 12pm EST
  • Ends: Sunday, January 28th, 11:59pm EST
  • Rewards Tokens to the Engines of Vengeance cover store

Robbie Reyes -
Special Limited Vault
  • 40 Items
    • 1x Engines of Vengeance Legendary Token
    • 1x Random 4-Star cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic Tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star covers
Engines of Vengeance - Special Legendary Store
  • 15% chance to get Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Daredevil (Matt Murdock), and Doctor Octopus (Classic)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    do we  know what the galactus rewards are going to look like? didn't see it in the sneak peak either
  • Brigby
    do we  know what the galactus rewards are going to look like? didn't see it in the sneak peak either
    Here you go! I compiled some info about the Alliance Placement Rewards
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for this info brigby,

Can you please confirm that CS will not offer cover swaps for doc oc or daredevil if pulled from a ghost rider (engines of vengeance) token?
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Is putting Ock in the vault D3's way of exacting vengeance on all of us? :D
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Thanks brigby any chance we can have the boosted list
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Can you confirm the end date for Galactus Event, shouldn't it be Sunday 28th at 11.59pm EST? 

Normal Boss events are 3.5 days usually followed by Deadpool vs MPQ to really push home the ISO drought... ;)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nooo not Nightcrawler. Was really hoping for a 4* that I have hardly any covers for like War Machine or Carnage. Well, on the plus side Daredevil is probably my favorite 5* so maybe I can grab some more covers for him.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    @Brigby Thanks for these details!

Shouldn't completing round 8 of Galactus reward an Engines of Vengeance token instead of a Robbie Reyes vault token? 
  • Brigby
    edited January 2018
    @Vhailorx said:
    Thanks for this info brigby,

Can you please confirm that CS will not offer cover swaps for doc oc or daredevil if pulled from a ghost rider (engines of vengeance) token?
    That's correct. Customer Support will not be able to offer cover swaps for 5-Star characters Daredevil (Matt Murdock) and Doctor Octopus (Classic) that are pulled from the Engines of Vengeance store

Update: Clarified that players are still able to exchange Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) in the Latest Legends swap

Arix90 said:
    Thanks brigby any chance we can have the boosted list
    Sure thing. I'll see if I can pull up that info.

Brigby Can you confirm the end date for Galactus Event, shouldn't it be Sunday 28th at 11.59pm EST? 
    Hmm good question! I'll double check with the developers on the exact end date.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooooh, Doc Ock. Sweet.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where are the personal progression rewards?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Ugh the Round 8 Alliance reward is the a token to the 40 item vault and not the LT store?  @Brigby please tell me that’s a mistake...
    Edit: Actually re-reading that it probably is the LT store but it’s confusingly worded. Clarification is needed either way. 

Also any chance this is gonna have better personal rewards with SCLs tied in?  If not can you ask the devs for that for the future?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    So Hulk/Bruce Banner is on the 5 star boost list. Did the devs FINALLY fix Hulk mode?
    @Brigby
  • Brigby
    edited January 2018
    @brollsaid:
    Where are the personal progression rewards?
    I'm working on compiling all of the information into data spreadsheets for easy viewing. They'll be posted soon!
    broll said:
    Ugh the Round 8 Alliance reward is the a token to the 40 item vault and not the LT store?  Brigby please tell me that’s a mistake...
    Edit: Actually re-reading that it probably is the LT store but it’s confusingly worded. Clarification is needed either way. 

Also any chance this is gonna have better personal rewards with SCLs tied in?  If not can you ask the devs for that for the future?
    That was my mistake. It does award a token to the Legendary Store, but in my mind I had accidentally swapped the Vault and Store titles around. Round 8 will in fact award Alliances with a Engines of Vengeance Token.
    @fmftint said:
    So Hulk/Bruce Banner is on the 5 star boost list. Did the devs FINALLY fix Hulk mode?
    Brigby
    I do in fact see a comment indicating that the team will be careful to note that both his forms are buffed. :)
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I see the devs still haven't bothered to align the boss event rewards to better reflect the iso gain from every other event.

At least we got an "extra" 10,500 iso from simulator to compensate for it this time.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    But don't forget we usually deadpool vs mpq following a boss event 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby My question is if the Boss event is disrupting the 5* Required rotation for Story events like it seems to have in the past. Gambit already got shoved back in favor of Thor and Archangel for whatever reason, and I’m guessing this goes to a Classic 5* on Sunday instead of a third Latest? I suppose it’s nothing to be really upset over, but a stable pattern does bring peace of mind.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m sad that main event Hulk isn’t boosted since I Champed him yesterday and have really enjoyed him in Sim. Seems like he should be boosted since both 5* Spideys are. 
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    zulux21 said:
    can we please get better individual rewards from the alliance events. 
    you are still running the same rewards you used to get back in 2015 as far as I can tell, and the game has changed quite a bit since then.
    I´m asking for that for more than a year now but they don´t seem to care that the individual rewards table is out-of-time. So we have to be happy to get super-awesome 25 HP for beating a round 7 Galactus.