4* DDQ: Cloak and Dagger vs Dr Strange in the Dark Dimension!

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Neat matchup, I have to say. Haven't attempted it yet, but I expect no trouble with a champion C&D.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    No problem here too. I just ate away at his health and didn't fire any powers until he was in one shot range. LT got me ... Cho. Now I'm blue :(
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    It was so easy. Just denied his blue, don't collect any black. The attack tiles wore him down very fast. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    278 5/5/3 C&D.  I thought I would have problems but it was relatively easy and straightforward..

Yellow Rogue.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took me two tries with my champ C&D; on the first try, I swear, Strange cast a spell on the board before we even started. Every move seemed like it fed him blue and purple, and eventually he hit me with both. Not to mention the couple of critical hits he scored, and those damn things hurt at 5* match damage.

Second try, not much problem. I just bled him out with attack tiles.

Rogue red with the token, bringing her to a less obscene 5/2/1.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No problem with L292 C&D 5/3/5.   Worked up to where I could fire both yellow and purple.  At which point he had less than 100 HP and I was still at half, simple match after that.

+1 one to restart my horde.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Lv 209 4/2/5 C&D. No boosts, no problem.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
       2/2/5 level 150 C&D got a little interesting at the end but not too many issues with no boosts.  As everyone has suggested, I tried to deny his blue and yellow and let the attack tiles wear him down.  I looked on the AP board and noticed he had collected 14 yellow which would have taken me out, but fortunately, I was able to give him one purple shot and the strike tiles finished him off when I made my last match.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3 recently champed C&D made relatively short work of Strange. Got 4 attack tiles out quickly before transforming in case I needed healing, but the match ended before yellow accumulated enough. Thought the match would be a little more challenging when I saw the opponent.

Yellow Rogue to 2/4/3 and a BH for the 2nd time in a row! This time MEHulk Green to 3/3/1. Also got a Vulture Green 3/4/4 from a classic CP pull. Finally starting to accumulate latest covers after a long stint of bad luck. Still woefully behind on Yondu, Nico and Nightcrawler.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Well, Dr Strange is one of the possible matcup for C&D as C&D's attack is cheap thus activate Strange's passive easily and thier attack tiles also can be steal by Strange.
    Anyway I use Lv208 C&D 5/1/5,  and just barely make it on first try, I fire 1 shot of C&D yellow but get hit by Strange's blue, but luckily he match away his own countdown, and I proceed to hit him with purple few times and some help from attack tiles.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fight was actually a bit trickier than I expected, I may have gotten cocky and not played very smart. Still triumphed on the first try though.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Academic for my champed C&D, collecting yellow and denying black and letting the angry fists pile up until one light knife throw finished things out. Token was agent venom black  
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    wingX said:
    Well, Dr Strange is one of the possible matcup for C&D as C&D's attack is cheap thus activate Strange's passive easily and thier attack tiles also can be steal by Strange.
    Strange doesn't steal special tiles, he removes them. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dead easy with lvl 280 C&D, anytime they got injured they just healed back whilst pummeling Strange until yellow lights out.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I played that about as carelessly as possible, didn't block any of his colors allowing him to stun me, then I fired pocket dimension at will.  In the end, my lv 294 5/4/4 C&D just had too much health.

Guess my hubris got me back, LT gave my 5/5/2 Prof. X a purple so it looks like that will be sold
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    No problem for my champed lvl 272 C&D - those attack tiles really add up, unfortunately token was a green rogue which would be 7/3/2 now
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Had to play a few times with my lvl 200 4/3/5 C&D. Seemed like the board just kept feeding him blues no matter what I did, but after 2 tries, my perseverance paid off and I was rewarded with a black Yondu so now I can champ him at will.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piece of cake for my Champed C&D. I played pretty conservatively, denying blue and grabbing yellow. Turned out I really didn't need to bother 5trange's health is so low that he dropped pretty quickly.

Token was a green for my 5/2/4 X-23 :(
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    My C&D is 318, so it was the fastest, easiest crash ever for me.  I was worried they would pick someone that wants black (Carol for example), but the thematic matchup made sense.  I’ll take an easy win after Simulator this week.

My reward was a champ level to get Vulture to 302.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second try for my level 188 5/4/4 Cloak & Dagger. The first try saw a board full of blue, and two Crimson (you think they'd be azure) bands and it was all over.

On the second attempt I managed to grab a ton of purple and yellow, and just spammed damage until the Strange One went down.

My reward was sadly a blue Totally Terrible Hulk (okay he's not that bad after his rework, but I still dislike the art), which did not make my 2/9/6 Hulk smile in the least.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
     two Crimson (you think they'd be azure) bands
    They're Crimson because Cyttorak has a ruby as its Earthly totem, so anything drawing on that power is some shade of red.