MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Ooh. I wonder who Cloak & Dagger's Crash is going to be?
    That is The Question.
    Isn't The Question a DC Character, tho? ;)
    Ah yes. Looks like The Question wasn’t The Answer that they were dealing with. (Sorry. Got names mixed up on the Super Characters with Dumb Names list).
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby why are they still doing the xmen only simulator? With how many different characters there are in the game simulator was one of my favorite events because of how many different teams you get to fight against in it. The last few times it's run though its been the same few xmen mixed into different teams over and over again.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

D4Ni13 said:
    Ooh. I wonder who Cloak & Dagger's  Crash is going to be?
    I would say Medusa because they have similar abilities (heal, special tile creation), plus she can steal Cloak & Dagger special tiles and be a serious threat. But guess will see then. 
    C&D can also destroy enemy special tiles with their yellow, so on paper this sounds like a good match-up. C&D may have slight advantage in so much as they also have 2 direct damage dealing powers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got wiped by 3* Gambit, Rogue and Jean Grey in the Simulator PvE. 3* Gambit still got his pre-nerfed ability. Is this is an oversight?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2018
    You are right. I should have looked at the stars. I didn't expect 5* Gambit to be in the node.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2018
    I think you quoted my old post because I was too slow to correct my mistake.

Anyway, to clarify, it's my oversight. False alarm. I'm embarrassed.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:

No need to be embarrassed! Confusing a 5* for his 3* version happens all the time. And I agree it's odd to have to fight a 5* at low ranks.
    Just stun him and smack his panties off.
     :o 
  • zodiac339
    NMANOZ said:
    mexus said:

No need to be embarrassed! Confusing a 5* for his 3* version happens all the time. And I agree it's odd to have to fight a 5* at low ranks.
    Just stun him and smack his panties off.
     :o 
    What, are you shocked Gambit wears panties? Seems totally the type to wear them.
  • HoundofShadow
    That team is really tough. I can't beat them. That's the only node that I can't win.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(1/22/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    First week in awhile I'll only have three boosted 4* (Mordo, Jean, and Luke).  No Fantastic 2 for me!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Half the week you won’t use the boosted anyway for pve....
  • zodiac339
    Galactus, huh? Considering who has a Crash against him, gives more liklihood that this is for 5* Ghost Rider as the Vengence character. But then, that’s a logical idea. So, probably not him.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby why are they still doing the xmen only simulator? With how many different characters there are in the game simulator was one of my favorite events because of how many different teams you get to fight against in it. The last few times it's run though its been the same few xmen mixed into different teams over and over again.

Any answer to this @Brigby? I'd really like to know why they haven't gone back to normal Sim with all the characters in it. I was looking forward to some crazy antics like a match with America Chavez and Vulture or Medusa or someone else who can generate extra ap for the team.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018

Any answer to this @Brigby? I'd really like to know why they haven't gone back to normal Sim with all the characters in it. I was looking forward to some crazy antics like a match with America Chavez and Vulture or Medusa or someone else who can generate extra ap for the team.

Because it would require work to invent new nodes.
    Also they probably can't think of worse teams to play against than the current Rogue infested ones, so that'll stay for a while.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Boss event incoming.

I wish there was a boss event trash talk thread to have some fun, as to who will finish first.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Can you list what characters will be boosted for the boss event?  Or will it be the same characters as the weekly buffs?
  • HoundofShadow
    Does anyone know which of these characters are the 4* required in the boss event, or are all of them 3*?

Character Categories
    Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Black Widow, Daredevil, The Hulk, Iron Fist
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Typically if it doesn't specify an actual name [Spider-Man (Classic) for instance), they are just categories you can use any version in. Also, the required characters are:

Featured Characters
    4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
    3-Star: The Hulk (Indestructible)
    2-Star: Steve Rogers (Captain America)