*** Hawkeye (Hawkguy) ***

13»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having a lot of fun with him in The Big Enchilada, where he's generally got time to pump out all the arrows, especially with **Magneto feeding him blue. I've actually run into an issue with not being able to put out later arrows because all the blue tiles on the board are already his countdowns icon_e_biggrin.gif Can't wait until the next time something like Enemy of the State rolls around, with super long Wave missions so he's really got time to get rolling.

Since it's true healing, I do like dropping his black towards the end of a match, when the tiles are going to do little, if anything, to help the other team. Saves a health pack here and there.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    TPF Alexis wrote:
    Having a lot of fun with him in The Big Enchilada, where he's generally got time to pump out all the arrows, especially with **Magneto feeding him blue. I've actually run into an issue with not being able to put out later arrows because all the blue tiles on the board are already his countdowns icon_e_biggrin.gif Can't wait until the next time something like Enemy of the State rolls around, with super long Wave missions so he's really got time to get rolling.

Since it's true healing, I do like dropping his black towards the end of a match, when the tiles are going to do little, if anything, to help the other team. Saves a health pack here and there.
    Actually he will run out of arrows early in the wave nodes, although in my opinion, that isn't so bad. Not all of the arrows are that good. 8 arrows sounds like a lot, but it goes quickly. Charged tiles aren't all that helpful. His hand-to-hand combat move does decent damage for only 5 AP though.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry if this is off-topic for this thread so far, but the cover used for 3* Hawkeye is my favorite cover they've chosen yet. Beautifully drawn and it conveys a mood for both Kate and Clint so obviously that it almost leaps out of the picture.
  • TPF Alexis
    notamutant wrote:
    TPF Alexis wrote:

Actually he will run out of arrows early in the wave nodes, although in my opinion, that isn't so bad. Not all of the arrows are that good. 8 arrows sounds like a lot, but it goes quickly. Charged tiles aren't all that helpful. His hand-to-hand combat move does decent damage for only 5 AP though.
    With a single wave of 6, I'm never actually getting all the countdowns off. He's not going to last through the huge like 6 wave ones, but it seems like 2 waves of 4 or 3 of 3 would be about perfect.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    535 medusa, 535 carmage, 355 hawkboy - that's just sick icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I said Fully Quiver was instant effect instead of countdown because I have rotten luck with those. Still he looks to be pretty fun.
  • Tethys
    Tethys Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    So what else would be a good team to build with this one? I have absolutely no Medusa, and Carnage is a joke in my roster at the moment xD
  • TPF Alexis
    In his PvP, I noticed an issue with him, which is that the AI will fire off No Good News even if he's not damaged, granting enemy special Tiles for no benefit. Not a huge deal, but still kinda weak sauce.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starlord
    C4rol
    Hawkguy

wait until he gets 12 blue and C4rol has 3 yellow while starlords everyone with me is on the field. Fire off 4 arrows. Activate C4rols yellow on the blue CD that turns 3 tiles to strike tiles. Watch the fun that happens in the next two turns. 

This is team is dangerous. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    @Cthulhu can we get his page updated? Purple power still shows 5* stats and the link for blue power doesn't work.

I really like him as a purple battery. I use him with Miles or Antman, where you want purple ap but want to avoid making some purple matches. He's 4/4/5 about to be champed.
  • DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Ive had him champed for a while, and he is very fun but not really top of the pack. He is great for PvE nodes just flinging arrows everywhere, but PvP he is average. I could really stand for the enemy tiles created by No Good News to be a bit weaker though. Multiple 75 strength tiles is actually nothing to sneeze at, and if you’re playing against any of the new breed of characters who live and breathe special tiles you could really shoot yourself in the foot. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Hawkguy, StarLord and Coulson in the current Honor Among Thieves PVE has been fun - sooo many countdowns doing all the things

* edit corrected name of current PVE
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hawkguy
    Carol
    Vulture

Is also really fun.
  • DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Personally I like using Hawkguy, Doc Ock, and Modern Captain Marvel. Not a top tier team but fun and more effective than he summof their parts.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Hawkguy+5DD+Gamora have been crushing it against the SCL9 Nameless Ones in Honor Among Thieves.  Hawkguy’s passive is firing all over the place, quickly fueling both Gamora and DD’s stuns.  DDs purple passive goes to work from there.  Probably effective against any special/cd tile heavy opponents.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprised no one has mentioned Hawkguy with Carnage and Medusa.. blue all day
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    When boosted like they are now you would be crazy not to pair Hawkguy with 4-Starlord, throw Colson or Captain Marvel in there, boosted or not, nothing in PVE will survive and you will give some 5 star teams problems in PVP.