**** Sandman (Flint Marko) ****

123457»

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor

talleman said:
    I fooled around with Sandman in PvE this morning and i played: Sandman 5/5/3 - Vulture 5/3/5 - Cloak & Dagger 5/5/3 and it worked quite well.

C&D feed Vulture black, Vulture feed Sandman green and Sandman feed C&D yellow.

Sandmans green does AoE damage + stuns, C&D yellow does AoE damage or remove special tiles and Vultures blue does damage and remove special tiles.

+ Possible alot of AoE damage. Great special tile removal. They feed each other. An okey stun.

- No red user. Sandmans purple is a little to expensive.

Give it a try and tell me what you think :)
    I don't like to argue for a character by pairing them with the best batteries in the game. But to this team, I think there are 2 issues I have. No red user, as you said, not a big deal usually but since Vulture is generating red it is a bigger waste. The other issue I've found with Vulture sometimes is that you end up with too much black. It's pretty easy once he goes airborne to end up with more black ap than you can spend, and C&Ds black is a little too niche. I would replace C&D with Nova 5/5/3. A good yellow for Sandman to feed, a good red outlet, and a decent cheap black outlet if you have extra when sending Vulture airborne.

My non Vulture team: Agent Venom 3/5/5 Sandman 5/5/3 Riri 5/5/3. AV uses black and yellow, SM uses purple and green, Riri uses red and blue. Here he's almost an equal member of the team.

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    In a couple of Sim matches against teams with a champed Sandman, it was his Purple that was wrecking my team, creating some severe cascades, but I guess some times it wouldnt really do anything
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is everyone bringing up using his purple and green.. I rather use Rhulk's purple and smash with his green. Sure I lose out on a stun but I am preventing my enemies from using green, which can be just as important.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Because his yellow is very difficult to use and is practically useless on any team that does not generate defense tiles.  20 ap for a 6-7k hit that removes all defense tiles is horrible so very few people bother with his yellow.  With the right partner, Prof X, you can make his yellow work but his green is an excellent cheep aoe control power and his pink is a decent yellow battery. 

If you are limiting you choice to Sandman or Rhulk I do not think there would be a single person who would pick Sandman :)

For those of you trying teams try Prof X and Vulture, Jaedenkaal suggested Prof X as a partner a page or so back, I did not think much of it to start with but I tried it and it was a very solid pairing.  Minimize Sandman's pink, max his green and yellow, make sure you cast somebody power first before you mess with Sandman's yellow, that way you have a very high probability of Prof X putting down a defense tile and hitting with the yellow on first cast, boosted this power hits like a truck and the defensive tiles are decent and get quickly better once Prof X goes invisible if you are unlucky enough to not to have him put a shield out on his first activation.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5 boosted Sandman with Xavier and 5/3/5 Vulture really are working well so far on Honor Among Thieves. Vulture's blue at five is handy for the increased damage and removal of four countdowns/specials from all those symbiote goons.

I can't help feeling, however, that Sandman's regular damage numbers should be a little higher and protect tiles should stay on the board.
  • hopper1979
    I do not mind if yellow removed only 6 defense tiles for the cast but it is the removal of all of the tiles that make it a bad power.  You cannot pair him with natural complements (4 Cage) because it destroys Cage's black defensive power, this is why Prof X works well you are not loosing as many tiles upon upon the cast of the yellow and Prof-X tiles are not that strong at the start.  Also, for what it removes yellow should do more damage, or make the damage scale for however many defensive tiles above 6 you remove, as opposed to a flat number either of those fixes would make the yellow a better power..  He is not that bad of a character but he is hamstrung by one of his powers more than a lot of characters.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    His yellow needs to be tweaked. Period. 

Add a passive that creates shield tiles (like how Daken creates strikes, preferably)
    Add damage for every shield he destroys
    Dont destroy shield tiles but do damage
    destroy the shield tiles and then make more
    Give it a CD tile that when it goes off, it destroys the tiles for an amount of damage per tile (like Kate’s purple)

idk, just do something better for his yellow power. I don’t even want to fire it. That’s how bad it is. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    His yellow needs to be tweaked. Period. 

Add a passive that creates shield tiles (like how Daken creates strikes, preferably)

I find it odd you chose Daken as an example instead of Bullseye whose passive actually creates protect tiles :D

They could do something similar to 3* Venom, whereas he creates enemy protect tiles the more damage he does, Sandman could create protect tiles the more damage the enemy team does. So while the enemy damaging you, Sandman is creating protect tiles, slowly nullifying the damage while building up for his yellow nuke (which needs a serious damage increase)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I actually used Sandman in the 5* essential node since Thor makes Green your team’s strongest color and I needed an outlet for the Green AP Cyke was generating. His stun was actually very helpful against the symbiotes. 
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I tagged in boosted St4r-Lord for Xavier with Sandman and Vulture and am having some fun. Keeping the protect tiles on the board isn't a bad thing (the reasoning for using Chuck was to get Sandman's yellow damage on one cast), especially when St4r-Lord gives you an outlet for the red Vulture generates and a purple alternative to Sandman's. His yellow passive speeds up everything else, too, which is nice since Vulture is already producing so much AP. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    I fooled around with Sandman in PvE this morning and i played: Sandman 5/5/3 - Vulture 5/3/5 - Cloak & Dagger 5/5/3 and it worked quite well.

C&D feed Vulture black, Vulture feed Sandman green and Sandman feed C&D yellow.

Sandmans green does AoE damage + stuns, C&D yellow does AoE damage or remove special tiles and Vultures blue does damage and remove special tiles.

+ Possible alot of AoE damage. Great special tile removal. They feed each other. An okey stun.

- No red user. Sandmans purple is a little to expensive.

Give it a try and tell me what you think :)
    This team is legit. Fun too. Not having a red isn’t so bad since C&D make red attack tiles.

the synergy is really good. You simply ignore Sandman’s yellow and feed C&D’s superior yellow. 
  • hopper1979
    I actually used Sandman in the 5* essential node since Thor makes Green your team’s strongest color and I needed an outlet for the Green AP Cyke was generating. His stun was actually very helpful against the symbiotes. 

I did the same, I have 5Thor at 2/1/0 and no levels in him.  I paired him with Sandman and Vulture and was able to clear all 6 runs.  Once Thore hit half life it was over.  They pair really well together.  I will mess with those three is I can ever get Thor maxed :)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thumbs up for Sandman, Vulture and C&D. I'd never thought my newly champed sandman would actually be of any use. Unless you get a lousy board, it works well! 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sub C&D with Gamora and once you have Vulture airborne your opponent might not get another turn.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Sub C&D with Gamora and once you have Vulture airborne your opponent might not get another turn.
    Shhh that's my SHIELD Sim team  ;)

I think it also helps that the game has given me more Sandman covers than any other character since he's been around...