monsieurmojo
monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
SSIA: Bolt has the Ares Sunder bug.

Screenshot_2016_09_16_21_06_01.png

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not convinced that's an error. It's not a countdown, and has no matching capacity. I believe Surfer's Black Hole works the same.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I know this is an old post... but I just ran into same bug, and was searching if it was already known.   I would call this a bug.  From the description:
    "Black Bolt's noble stoicism and supreme wisdom motivate his subjects to work their hardest."  The dude is now "dead" - so how is he motivating?  Even if you put that aside,  why allow his power to continue to affect the game if the opponent has downed him?  Seems to go against normal game play rules/expectations

(screenshot -- https://photos.app.goo.gl/bqa9fcmTgVvNpbMX2  )

IDK about SS behavior, will have to play around with it some, but there is nothing in the description that would make me think it is appropriate to leave it standing even after SS is downed.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gentgeen said:
    I know this is an old post... but I just ran into same bug, and was searching if it was already known.   I would call this a bug.  From the description:
    "Black Bolt's noble stoicism and supreme wisdom motivate his subjects to work their hardest."  The dude is now "dead" - so how is he motivating?  Even if you put that aside,  why allow his power to continue to affect the game if the opponent has downed him?  Seems to go against normal game play rules/expectations

IDK about SS behavior, will have to play around with it some, but there is nothing in the description that would make me think it is appropriate to leave it standing even after SS is downed.

Black Hole stays on the board if Surfer dies.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    gentgeen said:

He’s “down” not “dead” and it’s not a standard CD tile to match away is why. It’s a unique tile that can only expire or be cleared by a row/column clear. It isn’t going to change and it’s not a game changing problem
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, I asked the team about this, and they have confirmed that Black Bolt's Motivation tiles are intended to stay on the board after he is downed. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, does 5* Dr. Strange's Eye of Aggamoto stay on the board as well?  It's a special tile that can't fall or be matched away either...
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Abmoraz, unfortunately, the Eye of Agamotto special tile created by Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) is not included on the list of tiles that do not expire when the character is downed. The only powers that are included for this exception is Black Bolt (Inhuman King)'s Motivation Tile and the Silver Surfer (Skyrider)'s Black Hole tile.

We apologize for any confusion this might have caused, but we can confirm that this was intended functionality from the developers.

• abmoraz
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What about Cloak&Dagger's demotivation tile?  It's identical to Blackbolt's, only it reduces power levels instead of boosting them...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    What about Cloak&Dagger's demotivation tile?  It's identical to Blackbolt's, only it reduces power levels instead of boosting them...
    That's a normal countdown tile, and it disappears when they are downed like any other countdown.  Its effects are similar, but the tile is not.
  • abmoraz
    Options
    Dayv said:
    abmoraz said:
    That's a normal countdown tile, and it disappears when they are downed like any other countdown.  Its effects are similar, but the tile is not.
    Blackbolts is a countdown tile as well... which is why I asked about Cloak&Daggers.  They are Identical except in the fact that BlackBolts adds levels and C&D's subtracts levels.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    Dayv said:
    abmoraz said:
    Blackbolts is a countdown tile as well... which is why I asked about Cloak&Daggers.  They are Identical except in the fact that BlackBolts adds levels and C&D's subtracts levels.
    I think the point is the fact that though both might be countdown tiles, the C&D tile is a normal (looking) one, whereas the BB one is special (looking)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Bolt's tile is a character tile which counts down, but it is not a countdown tile.  It is not affected by skills that specify "countdowns".  It's also not affected by skills that specify special tiles -- character tiles are not considered "special tiles", they are a separate class.  Black Bolt's Motivation tile does not drop, has no color, and cannot be matched, although it can be destroyed.  Silver Surfer's Singularity tile is similar.  Other character tiles include 5* Doc Ock's tentacles and Gwenpool's gun tile.